By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will there ever be a NDS Player for Wii ?

It would really be helpful for me since I enjoy making awesome gameplay videos, and I'm pretty good at Mega Man ZX on the DS too! Sadly, there's just no way to video capture a DS game without the proper hardware from Nintendo (a little bit like IGN and GameTrailers, etc.)...

Oh well! It sure would be fun to see it happen one day. The touch screen is the only problem I see though, but Acumen's got some very great ideas that could work.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

I thought the wiimotes had built in mics, just no system updates that utilize them yet.

Easiest way around to the DS-games-on-Wii-control issue is simply let the DS be the controller. It's wireless and so is the Wii, so no wire needed. No control problems and you can see your DS games on a TV.

BrainBox has it right. Just control with the DS, display on the Wii. although the bandwidth of 802.11b (DS doesn't support g) is too small to send a decent image over WiFi.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there will never be a DS player for Wii. It just won't happen. sorry

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

How would that be possible, the DS has two screens and one of them is a touch screen. A TV is one screen so you would need a seperate screen for the touch screen or use the DS for the touch screen and the TV for the top screen. Or just eliminate the touch screen altogether and just split the tv into two screens which would work, but then no touch screen and a lot of games require the touch screen.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Yeah, it's really not needed. Now if they used the DS to connect to the Wii like Nintendo did for the GBA/GC then that'll be ok. I'm actually pretty sure that they have this already in action (i.e., Pokemon Battle Revolution) I just hope that SE will try it again in the next FF:CB iteration on Wii coming out in 2008 with the DS. FF:CC was too expensive using all of that equipment and might be better on the Wii due to being wireless.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

omgwtfbbq said:

BrainBox has it right. Just control with the DS, display on the Wii. although the bandwidth of 802.11b (DS doesn't support g) is too small to send a decent image over WiFi.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there will never be a DS player for Wii. It just won't happen. sorry 

Figured that might be a problem. Means the DS game would have to plug into the Wii somehow. Shame we can't just cram them into the SD slot, but there's USB ports on the back for a reason. They could probably make a DS card reader if they wanted to, but I kinda doubt they would since that'd probably lead to people more easily pirating DS games.

I do wonder if Nintendo is going to release a super-size DS so old folks can see the screen better.

You know, kinda like a remote control with giant buttons for the TV.

z64dan said:
I do wonder if Nintendo is going to release a super-size DS so old folks can see the screen better.

You know, kinda like a remote control with giant buttons for the TV.

I hope not because then the DS will lose it's portabilt, not to mention that it'll probably be to heavy for them to be carrying around anyways.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY