By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The VGC 2010 Holiday Sales Prediction Thread: (entries now closed)

darthdevidem01 said:
iWarMachine said:
darthdevidem01 said:

NOOOOOO are entries really really closed?

i'm sad too..=(and i'm really eager to see how Kinect will affect those 360 sales...

Me too......hey you have a wolf avatar, I have a dog one

Kowenicki biased against wolves/dogs confirmed!

You're right! he's biased against the Canine species!

...he must be...a CAT FANBOY!

i demand a perma-ban!

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network

do you think alot of us have overshot the wii,

or will the holidays be as big as ever

Above & Beyond

Bugger i wasnt quick enough to get in.

Oh well ill post in here anyways :)

Wii:4.3m
360:3.6m
Ps3:4.2m

Good Luck Everyone

kowenicki said:

Anyone think we are all miles off on the Wii???

Maybe, way too high, no more than 4M I reckon.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

the wii average went up for us this year but i guess it could be about right at 5.7m

what was it 6.8m last time

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

You should open up predictions again once GT5 release date comes out. That's going to screw everyone over.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Yeah.

I suck on PS3/360. Wish I could swap them around...

Wii is also going to be way down on a LOT of predictions.

I think we all made the predictions too early

Me and Andrew21 are the only two people that predicted that wii would sell the worse of the three consoles.

Unless the wii has a pricecut this is looking the most likely senerio

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

kowenicki said:

Anyone think we are all miles off on the Wii???

IDK, I still think that its family friendlyness could boost it relatively higher than competitors for Xmas. BTW, here in Italy Ninty already started advertising its best sellers quite heavily both for DS and Wii (more for DS, though). I have the impression that my 5.9M prediction for this Xmas will be closer to actual sales than my 5M prediction for Xmas 2009.

Maybe there is a rational reason behind current Ninty strategy, they could have chosen to prioritize profit margin instead of revenues and sales numbers, to remain with enough cash even after funding 3DS development and launch, and there could be other reasons too, for example having more titles to launch later, to keep Wii alive in its late years, and they could have also considered that Move, Kinect, Halo: Reach and GT5 would have "stolen" the spotlight too much anyway this Autumn and Xmas, making Wii launches risk to be partially wasted if they were too many.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I predicted 3,840 for 360

Projected ..

Week 1 - 720
Week 2 - 820
Week 3 - 1 mill
Week 4 - 900
Week 5 - 450

= 3,890

Niiice