Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamersyde: The first 20 minutes of Lost Odyssey

ckmlb said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
Hope to move a lot of Hardware..
this is the game to move 360 in japan
if it doesn't ..
MS should leave japan for ever
under 40K is a big loss for MS ..

Why would they leave? They should never leave, but keep trying. If it wasn't for MS getting some good Japanese support I would be much less interested in the 360 and I'm sure others (including Japanese) feel the same way.

I totally agree.  As soon as MS leaves Japan, my 360 will probably go bye bye then.  They need to do a different approach in Japan istead of just trying to mimic Sony.  To quote myself from a different thread...

I do know some about Japan because I have alot of friends from their and I like to discuss these topics with them.  Microsoft had a very bad approach - they went convincing them that they were "liberating" them from their own company - Sony.  Then they gave them the impression in the original Xbox era that they hated their taste in gaming and wanted to convert them into a Halo / FPS loving country like America and Western countries.  Sounds a bit like America in current foreign affiars, huh?  With the 360, Microsoft is working hard to reverse that trend, and its working to a small extent.  But the original Xbox left a bad taste.

However, Apple was successfully able to tear down Sony's dominance in portable music.  Minidisc was huge in Japan, and still had a huge presence when I was there in 2005.  Ipod took it by the storm.  The reason was because Apple showed a great reason why they should defect from their support in the Minidisc format - style and innovation.

While last generation, Microsoft really tried the "our stuff is better than your stuff" approach, this generation they are trying the "me too" approach.  It's working slightly better than the old approach - making RPGs and paying Japanese developers - but they need to go further.  They need to show something that the Japanese have not seen before that they will accept.

As much as I dislike Microsoft as a company and committed a while back to never get anything from them, they did get me to get a 360 for the Japanese support. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

wow they really improved it

i cannot wait for this game, it looks amazing

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Man if it was an action rpg like Tales I'd pre-order it right now but since its not Ill need a demo or a rental.

endurance said:
Harvey Birdman said:
Why is the main character speaking english?

maybe because this is the american version

The text is in Japanese.

I'll take the case!!!

This isn't my type of game at all, and even I'm impressed by this. Excellent intro.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28610.html#new_comment
more new gameplay from that event

just skip the part where they are talking

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

ckmlb said:
Definitely not watching that.

I'm contemplating whether or not I should watch it, too. I know my boy is gonna get this, assuming I don't have a 360 yet, and I think I'd rather see it then. Decisions, decisions!

also this is continued from the first part more gameplay i think
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28613.html

hmm nope just the new trailer but the combat from the first part looked good

Lost tears of Kain :

Thanks for the link from GT. Exactly what i need right now :)
Its Awesome!

Carpe Diem!

Wow. That's, um, an epic opening. I'm kind of burned out on turn-based RPGs having recently played Eternal Sonata but this really, really looks good.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.