By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

dtewi said:
theprof00 said:

I was the one who made the post clearing Nikells, before heph came out. There was only one reason to follow Hat. If you trusted that he knew what he was doing. I did, but then I discovered that he only partially knew, not because he was stupid, but because he was being pressured, pressured by people like you.

I never thought Nikells was the SK. I even unvoted him before heph came forward.

Well, in the game, Athena recruits Kratos to kill another god. Is it also common sense to believe hatmoza just because he has a god name? Hat is Athena. So now how sure are you about everything?

So who made the other kill? I'll understand if you can't answer.

But you voted for Nikells, and you can't accuse me for doing the same thing!

I don't know anything about the kills. What makes you think I can answer that?

And to the bold, I don't know! I said it makes sense for alignments and characters to make sense!

Look, I was told that Athena was conspiring against Zeus, but someone told me that she was with Zeus earlier in the series, so I don't know. Alignments and characters matching would make sense, since I honestly wouldn't see Kratos and Zeus being on the same side in a God of War themed game!

Hey remember how I was the first person to agree and then at about 3 votes, votes started to pour in? You were in the "pour" group. It was me and hat for a while and then suddenly

vetteman,truck,and you vote within one hour. 

Yes you're right, Kratos and Zeus shouldn't be on the same side, but if you played the game you would know that killing zeus destroyed the world, which kratos regretted. 

My point is, you don't know these things. You're making baseless assumptions, and relying on someone elses game information! You didn't even look it up!

Look, I'm sorry if I'm coming off as being mean or obnoxious or something...i don't know. All I know is that I can't trust you to make the right decisions, in this game. I hope it doesn't extend outside of the game, friend.

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

That was a great find. I read that before but roleblocker didn't pop into my mind. 

Now that we know the stories actually give clues as to what happened during the night (poseidon) we shouldn't ignore this roleblocker. 

Although, there's still the difference between the blocker being pro-town or anti-town. 

EDIT - I just made a sad realizing I said exactly what TruckO said.  

Read more of my posts. 

Basically, it's either their role blocker, or ours, and either way, both sides could have one. 

It seems like the situation is like a capture the flag (the flag in this case being a serial killer). It would be hard to imagine if both sides didn't have similar abilities.

A lot of times both sides don't have similar abilities.

Ok, well, I was under the impression they had at least basic ones. 

I'm not saying it's impossible. If the mafia have extra roles like a roleblocker or cop then they're usually gimped (like the roleblock only being used once) 

But my point was that it isn't necessarily going to happen. 

That role blocker could be either mafia or town. If both sides have one then that's still bad, as the mafia could still get screw shit up with theirs. 

how could they screw up? They know who they are right? It's not like 

"OMFG I tried to investigate that mafia guy and I got blocked he's definitely mafia" it's

"there's a good possibility that i was randomly chosen while I picked a target randomly"

No, I meant screw shit up for the town. 

As in, block hat or important pro-town roles. 

well yes that would be bad. It would be especially bad if we started doing something like, I dunno, roleclaim key roles and stuff. Otherwise, I don't think roleblocking mafia would really be that useful except in diverting information at random, or so

theprof00 said:

Hey remember how I was the first person to agree and then at about 3 votes, votes started to pour in? You were in the "pour" group. It was me and hat for a while and then suddenly

Yes you're right, Kratos and Zeus shouldn't be on the same side, but if you played the game you would know that killing zeus destroyed the world, which kratos regretted. 

My point is, you don't know these things. You're making baseless assumptions, and relying on someone elses game information! You didn't even look it up!

Look, I'm sorry if I'm coming off as being mean or obnoxious or something...i don't know. All I know is that I can't trust you to make the right decisions, in this game. I hope it doesn't extend outside of the game, friend.

Nothing ever extends outside the thread. I will continue to hate you for a myriad of other reasons though.

These assumptions are not baseless. I'd like to see why thinking alignment and character name is a stupid assumption to make!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:

Does everyone notice how I am looking at many different players, yet SciFiBoy's sole focus seems to be on me?  He has ONE vote against him.  Overreact much?  Not to mention tunnel vision is a scum trait.

Yeah does anyone else notice how theRepublic is creating as much confusion as possible?

Ever heard of projection?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

in what sense?

me or scifi?

You.

Moving on to something slightly different, I doubt real scum would bring so much attention to themselves, so I guess you are probably pro-town.

Off-topic: This has got to be the fastest moving thread I have ever taken part in.  Well, except for the Nintendo E3 thread, but no one was really talking to each other in that one.  It was mostly just a bunch of people saying, "Wow, awesome!"

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Ok, I'm having my Birthday party at the moment, and I too drozwy to read through all comments. I come back tommorow and catch up.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network

Ok I'm like 60 posts away from catching and let me say this ... 

Prof is one confused confused very confused person. I take what I said about him being a good player back

Also, the prof said "it's guaranteed that I can't be lynched" on multiple occasions so I'm assuming he has the "unlynchable" role.

Heph you bastard! I don't buy your good intentions for laying low. I believe that you thought you could pull off another SK win. I cornered you, and you came clean. Nothing to justify here. You'll be town by son rise so I don't give a flip anywho.

That said: IN YOUR FACE! I knew I would get you Kratos!

As for lynching, I'm all for lynching the two liars: Prof and Sqilliam today. 

Double lynch anyone?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:
theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:

You can't even admit that it was the wrong thing to do. Voting nikells was a stab in the dark, it really was.

You voted for Nikells too, remember?

And then I explained why it was wrong. Skip over that?

Also, notice how I was the first to vote for him?

I chose because of the situation. I'm not a tacked on vote. And I went against the stream both ways, I didn't go with anything. Look for yourself.

"Voting nikells was a stab in the dark, it really was."

That was your accusation of Dtewi.  Yet you were the first to jump in with Hatmoza and vote for Nikells.  Accusing someone of what you did your self is mighty strange.

please go back and read why. It was I think 3 posts before I unvoted him. around 19:40 vgc time or so.

I thought I knew what Hatmoza was doing, but I expected too much from him honestly. I should've understood he was being pressured. However, I wanted to make complete sure that what we were doing was right, so I double checked and there was no way Hat knew he was mafia. It was just a strong guess. 

I now think it's strange that he almost knew that heph was the sk. He's been really accurate so far, Khuutra, and now Heph. But why would he create all that confusion? I'm guessing it's the pressure he was under, but I'm pretty sure he was using Nikells as a scapegoat, due to pressure from the town or others.

My vote was not a stab in the dark. It was very formulated, and honestly, would have been the best thing Hat could do. He repeated over and over to trust him, and I overestimated his plan.

Silver-Tiger said:

Ok, I'm having my Birthday party at the moment, and I too drozwy to read through all comments. I come back tommorow and catch up.

You'll have something big in store >:] 

Also, I'm done wit the thread for a while. Will also catchup later, as in, tomorrow. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Moving on to something slightly different, I doubt real scum would bring so much attention to themselves, so I guess you are probably pro-town.

Speaking of which, it will be interesting to see who kept themselves out of this shitstorm when we look back on it.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

dtewi said:
theprof00 said:

Nothing ever extends outside the thread. I will continue to hate you for a myriad of other reasons though.

These assumptions are not baseless. I'd like to see why thinking alignment and character name is a stupid assumption to make!

because that proof would have to come from knowing pretty much one entire team's names. It has not been set in stone. It may well be like that later, but it's precisely why some of the first day posters here are so suspicious.