By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:

You can't even admit that it was the wrong thing to do. Voting nikells was a stab in the dark, it really was.

You voted for Nikells too, remember?

And then I explained why it was wrong. Skip over that?

he skips over alot of things.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:

You can't even admit that it was the wrong thing to do. Voting nikells was a stab in the dark, it really was.

Also, notice how I was the first to vote for him?

I chose because of the situation. I'm not a tacked on vote. And I went against the stream both ways, I didn't go with anything. Look for yourself.

theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

That was a great find. I read that before but roleblocker didn't pop into my mind. 

Now that we know the stories actually give clues as to what happened during the night (poseidon) we shouldn't ignore this roleblocker. 

Although, there's still the difference between the blocker being pro-town or anti-town. 

EDIT - I just made a sad realizing I said exactly what TruckO said.  

Read more of my posts. 

Basically, it's either their role blocker, or ours, and either way, both sides could have one. 

It seems like the situation is like a capture the flag (the flag in this case being a serial killer). It would be hard to imagine if both sides didn't have similar abilities.

A lot of times both sides don't have similar abilities.

Ok, well, I was under the impression they had at least basic ones. 

I'm not saying it's impossible. If the mafia have extra roles like a roleblocker or cop then they're usually gimped (like the roleblock only being used once) 

But my point was that it isn't necessarily going to happen. 

That role blocker could be either mafia or town. If both sides have one then that's still bad, as the mafia could still get screw shit up with theirs. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

dtewi said:
theRepublic said:
dtewi said:
theRepublic said:

Does everyone notice how I am looking at many different players, yet SciFiBoy's sole focus seems to be on me?  He has ONE vote against him.  Overreact much?  Not to mention tunnel vision is a scum trait.

I think you've been on SFB's ass a little much and he's cracking.

Have I?  Hatmoza has been under far more pressure from more people the entire game and SciFiBoy cracks from one vote?

Maybe you missed the pun.

*faceplam*

Yes, yes I did.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:

Does everyone notice how I am looking at many different players, yet SciFiBoy's sole focus seems to be on me?  He has ONE vote against him.  Overreact much?  Not to mention tunnel vision is a scum trait.

Yeah does anyone else notice how theRepublic is creating as much confusion as possible?

Ever heard of projection?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
hatmoza said:

then vote Nikells, and I promise you'll see tht I have been truthful throughout the whole game.

Actually, I'm not certain enough about Nikells to vote for him at this point.  I do, however, have someone who's been lying to us by omission from early on.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3581095

Squilliam said:

I saw a vote before, lets say as an example:

Vote: Lynch Kantor

Because kantie panties are faulty and can burn womens under regions.

Does that count??!??

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3585156

Squilliam said:

Ok, so its night now. So what happens at night?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3587364

Squilliam said:

I remember in the first game I played, one of the Mafia players was very helpful and upfront about what was going on. He directed things without suspicion to himself. S

I wonder why Squilliam's been making a show of  being new to a game that he's played before?

Vote: Squilliam

Its not an omission.

I played a total of two games including this one.

First time I played was over 6 months and it could be as much as a year ago and under a completely different rule style. IIRC it was the first Mafia game and this is round 19. I don't remember anything from that game because from what I remember we were completely fooled by Mrstickball who played the perfect townie as a Mafia member.

Tease.

theprof00 said:

I was the one who made the post clearing Nikells, before heph came out. There was only one reason to follow Hat. If you trusted that he knew what he was doing. I did, but then I discovered that he only partially knew, not because he was stupid, but because he was being pressured, pressured by people like you.

I never thought Nikells was the SK. I even unvoted him before heph came forward.

Well, in the game, Athena recruits Kratos to kill another god. Is it also common sense to believe hatmoza just because he has a god name? Hat is Athena. So now how sure are you about everything?

So who made the other kill? I'll understand if you can't answer.

But you voted for Nikells, and you can't accuse me for doing the same thing!

I don't know anything about the kills. What makes you think I can answer that?

And to the bold, I don't know! I said it makes sense for alignments and characters to make sense!

Look, I was told that Athena was conspiring against Zeus, but someone told me that she was with Zeus earlier in the series, so I don't know. Alignments and characters matching would make sense, since I honestly wouldn't see Kratos and Zeus being on the same side in a God of War themed game!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

That was a great find. I read that before but roleblocker didn't pop into my mind. 

Now that we know the stories actually give clues as to what happened during the night (poseidon) we shouldn't ignore this roleblocker. 

Although, there's still the difference between the blocker being pro-town or anti-town. 

Read more of my posts. 

Basically, it's either their role blocker, or ours, and either way, both sides could have one. 

It seems like the situation is like a capture the flag (the flag in this case being a serial killer). It would be hard to imagine if both sides didn't have similar abilities.

I'm not saying it's impossible. If the mafia have extra roles like a roleblocker or cop then they're usually gimped (like the roleblock only being used once) 

That role blocker could be either mafia or town. If both sides have one then that's still bad, as the mafia could still get screw shit up with theirs. 

have we considered the possibility that Hatmoza could just as easily be Mafia? his role could easily be what he says, just with a different alignment, could it not?

im not saying I think its likely, but its a possibility that I think we should be aware of.

SciFiBoy2.0 said:
theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:

he skips over alot of things.

My ctrl F is working just fine.  There just isn't much substance there.  More posts than I thought, but there isn't much to them.

Now Playing

c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Read more of my posts. 

how could they screw up? They know who they are right? It's not like 

"OMFG I tried to investigate that mafia guy and I got blocked he's definitely mafia" it's

"there's a good possibility that i was randomly chosen while I picked a target randomly"