Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

dtewi said:
theprof00 said:
dtewi said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
dtewi said:

Semi-bandwagony?

I have seeked out scum. I have voted for two people today and they weren't bandwagoning.

And prof, why do you suspect me?

No, you voted for 3 people - hatmoza while a lot of other people were going all wild saying he was scum, and then when hatmoza showed up you voted for Vetteman (not bandwagon-y, this one, hence the "almost") and then nikells, who you voted using the same reasoning TruckOSaurus had said a few posts up. From what you said on that post, it looked like you weren't doing it because of hatmoza's plan. 

I admit there are other people who are more suspicious than you, I just haven't gotten around to re-read the thready fully and post my full suspicions. 

Also, post your suspicions, dtewi. 

not to mention the quick move to vote nikells while he was away. It almost looked like he was going to be lynched with the votes coming in so quickly.

You do realize my actions wouldn't have changed even if wasn't leaving?

Oh I do realize that? Oh you're right, I can read your mind. That means you're innocent. 

Relax, you're enough of a small fry that you won't be lynched for a couple days at least.

Do you honestly think my actions would have even changed if he was staying?

I don't know, but saying that you were resolute in your judgement is not proof of innocence. 

Voting for someone like that, especially in a combo of other people voting is a scummy thing to do. Saying that you would have done it regardless shows that you are either reckless or a mafia. Nikells did nothing wrong, and we may have outed a key member because of how the voting was going.

It doesn't matter if you would or would not have changed your mind dtewi. The vote was wrong.

The distraction comes in like this. You're spending all your argument telling me how resolute you would have bee, because I'm challenging your resolve. In return you are getting aggressively adamant about a decision/course of action that was baseless, and extremely speculative, with more cons than pros and rapidly escalating to a boiling point that would have been a better outcome for the mafia.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:

Ok so we have 5 ways to kill someone in a day. Totally balanced. Oh and we killed our own teammate. Whoever is the night time vigilante is retarded. Right?

PS: this game is easy.

It can be tough to be a vigilante.  Last game the vig killed the cop and another pro-town player.

You're never going to let that go, are you? 

Hey!  I left names out of it, and I acknowledged that it is a difficult role!

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

c03n3nj0 said:

What the hell

I just did a long, elaborate vote spread and I clicked cancel.... 

Also, prof, I see you mentioned a mafia role blocker. But that's just speculations, and we shouldn't be stupid enough to kill our vigilante for a role that might no0t even exist in the game. 

Very good point. However, I did notice on the story that hermes(final fan) had been blocked ie: "not able to complete his task".

hatmoza said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Vetteman94 said:

How is his elaborate theory any better than the other that has been laid out in his opposition?  

Hell I'll play the speculation game for a minute here.  It seems the Gods are pro-town,  its probably a bad assumption but i think its true at least some of them are,  so why and how would he be able to turn a character to aid the very people Kratos seeks for revenge?  And he claims to be someone who also plots against those very Gods

Posting from work, I haven't read to whole thread yet but there was something in this post I wanted to go back on before I forget.

In this post Vetteman is saying "It seems the Gods are pro-town", why would he have to make this an assumption? ANSWER: He's not a God (or he's a dissident God) and he's trying to figure out who the "pro-towns" are so he can like he's one of them. Add to that his jumpy behavior after hatmoza's defense and he's earned my vote.

Vote: Vetteman94

I agree with this.

However, read the above posts and convince us you're not the Kratos. And if you are, maybe we can arrange for you to be a vigilante still!

I personally want it to be Heph >:[ I'll have so much pleasure in lynching him

Sorry to quote myself yet again but nobody except hatmoza commented on this information I dug up on Vetteman. Since j0 asked for people we suspect most, I thought I'd bring it up again.

I'd like to know what everyone thinks of it? Especially Vetteman of course.

Signature goes here!

theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

What the hell

I just did a long, elaborate vote spread and I clicked cancel.... 

Also, prof, I see you mentioned a mafia role blocker. But that's just speculations, and we shouldn't be stupid enough to kill our vigilante for a role that might no0t even exist in the game. 

Very good point. However, I did notice on the story that hermes(final fan) had been blocked ie: "not able to complete his task".

I don't agree with most of what you said recently BUT that's a very good find!!! I read that part and never realized it could be a hint to Final-Fan being blocked.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
SciFiBoy2.0 said:

so, you just ignore all my other posts to suit your FoS and then vote?

well done, not at all suspect there, thats two people now who have either claimed I said something I didnt or deliberatley ignored some of my posts.

What?  You want me to post every single thing you've done in the thread?

I'm looking for scum.  That's more than can be said of you.

did you even bother to read all the stuff I posted since then? *sigh*

your selective memory of my activity is going from an annoyance to downiright suspect at this point

explain why it doesn't make any sense.

That was a great find. I read that before but roleblocker didn't pop into my mind. 

Now that we know the stories actually give clues as to what happened during the night (poseidon) we shouldn't ignore this roleblocker. 

Although, there's still the difference between the blocker being pro-town or anti-town. 

EDIT - I just made a sad realizing I said exactly what TruckO said.  

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

theprof00 said:

I don't know, but saying that you were resolute in your judgement is not proof of innocence. 

Voting for someone like that, especially in a combo of other people voting is a scummy thing to do. Saying that you would have done it regardless shows that you are either reckless or a mafia. Nikells did nothing wrong, and we may have outed a key member because of how the voting was going.

It doesn't matter if you would or would not have changed your mind dtewi. The vote was wrong.

The distraction comes in like this. You're spending all your argument telling me how resolute you would have bee, because I'm challenging your resolve. In return you are getting aggressively adamant about a decision/course of action that was baseless, and extremely speculative, with more cons than pros and rapidly escalating to a boiling point that would have been a better outcome for the mafia.

You do realize that you've been talking out of your ass for your past 20 posts or so?

If it's not proof of my innocence, and therefore it wouldn't prove me not innocent, you had no point in bringing it up.

Nikells did do something wrong: he responded to suspicions of him with scummy behavior e.g. he has a powerful role and that we'd regret our decision! Many scum use this, and it wasn't baseless. 

The reason I'm getting angry is because you're infuriating!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

TruckOSaurus said:
hatmoza said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Vetteman94 said:

How is his elaborate theory any better than the other that has been laid out in his opposition?  

Hell I'll play the speculation game for a minute here.  It seems the Gods are pro-town,  its probably a bad assumption but i think its true at least some of them are,  so why and how would he be able to turn a character to aid the very people Kratos seeks for revenge?  And he claims to be someone who also plots against those very Gods

Posting from work, I haven't read to whole thread yet but there was something in this post I wanted to go back on before I forget.

In this post Vetteman is saying "It seems the Gods are pro-town", why would he have to make this an assumption? ANSWER: He's not a God (or he's a dissident God) and he's trying to figure out who the "pro-towns" are so he can like he's one of them. Add to that his jumpy behavior after hatmoza's defense and he's earned my vote.

I agree with this.

However, read the above posts and convince us you're not the Kratos. And if you are, maybe we can arrange for you to be a vigilante still!

I personally want it to be Heph >:[ I'll have so much pleasure in lynching him

Sorry to quote myself yet again but nobody except hatmoza commented on this information I dug up on Vetteman. Since j0 asked for people we suspect most, I thought I'd bring it up again.

I'd like to know what everyone thinks of it? Especially Vetteman of course.

I've been suspecting Vetteman, Silver-tiger and SciFiBoy for a long time because of them voting Hatmoza based on other players analysis. It was almost like they were bandwagoning on Hatmoza when some other guy dishes out some "evidence". They completely ignore Hatmoza's role-claim and why it would be a very risky thing to do (lynch him). Not only that, but they're ready to unvote Hatmoza when there's some other guy's analyisis on why Hatmoza shouldn't be lynched.