By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:

not that you would've killed nikells, but the path we were on was a losing situation in which we would lose one of two important players.

Heph should die, honestly. We don't need the extra killing power, and he could easily be recruited still. If the mafia has a role blocker, they could block hat and recruit heph themselves.

heph needs to be killed so we can save ourselves.

What are you talking about? 

If hatmoza targets him then heph goes to our (the town) side. Regardless if hatmoza dies tonight, Heph could turn vigilante. 

Heph already IS a vigilante. He gave complete reason why he killed patapon. He is in control of his killing.

Listen, if there is a mafia roleblocker, which is not beyond reason, they can block hat.

Two options then remain. If they do have their own recruiter, they could take heph, OR, if they don't they can just kill heph. 

Or, more cunningly, they could just kill hat, because we will doctor heph thinking that he will become town, and then kill heph the next night.

No

Heph is a serial Killer. Serial killers are always in control of their killing, so I don't see where you're taking that from. Vigilante is simply a pro-town serial killer, to put it in simplest terms. 

I'll just quote myself for the rest: 

"Also, prof, I see you mentioned a mafia role blocker. But that's just speculations, and we shouldn't be stupid enough to kill our vigilante for a role that might no0t even exist in the game. 

If it becomes obvious that heph isn't in our side, then we lynch him. There's no way he can win still being a SK anymore, he's already exposed."

Also, Just because the mafia could kill heph, doesn't mean we should kill him ourselves. That makes no sense. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

If hatmoza targets him then heph goes to our (the town) side. Regardless if hatmoza dies tonight, Heph could turn vigilante. 

Heph already IS a vigilante. He gave complete reason why he killed patapon. He is in control of his killing.

Listen, if there is a mafia roleblocker, which is not beyond reason, they can block hat.

Two options then remain. If they do have their own recruiter, they could take heph, OR, if they don't they can just kill heph. 

Or, more cunningly, they could just kill hat, because we will doctor heph thinking that he will become town, and then kill heph the next night.

What you don't get is that right now Heph's win conditions are kill EVERYONE! Sure he can play on our side for a while but sooner or later he's gonna start killing townies... unless we cure him.

no heph cannot win now. It doesn't matter what his win condition is. He simply cannot win. If we spend all our time protecting him, the mafia will eliminate us one by one because in the end they know who we are and we will have no protection.

TruckOSaurus said:
c03n3nj0 said:

I freaking called it!

I told you kratos killed Poseidon! 

Bit no

No one lisitens to Jo. >.> 

Unvote- Nikells The plan is off, as we have our target, and there's no point in lynching him unless there's more proff he's mafia. 

edit - proof*

Nobody ever disputed that Kratos killed Patapon, what the hell are you talking about?

And for calling it, I was there way before you, although my post was a joke to hatmoza saying that if Kratos is Hephaestos hatmoza was screwed.

I wasn't being completely serious. :P I just remembered hatmoza saying he didn't care about the info from GoW3's stores. 

And son, I called it when the day started. >:]

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:

not that you would've killed nikells, but the path we were on was a losing situation in which we would lose one of two important players.

Heph should die, honestly. We don't need the extra killing power, and he could easily be recruited still. If the mafia has a role blocker, they could block hat and recruit heph themselves.

heph needs to be killed so we can save ourselves.

No

Heph is a serial Killer. Serial killers are always in control of their killing, so I don't see where you're taking that from. Vigilante is simply a pro-town serial killer, to put it in simplest terms. 

I'll just quote myself for the rest: 

"Also, prof, I see you mentioned a mafia role blocker. But that's just speculations, and we shouldn't be stupid enough to kill our vigilante for a role that might no0t even exist in the game. 

If it becomes obvious that heph isn't in our side, then we lynch him. There's no way he can win still being a SK anymore, he's already exposed."

Also, Just because the mafia could kill heph, doesn't mean we should kill him ourselves. That makes no sense. 

I didn't mean that he IS a vigilante, but that he wants to kill as if he were a vigilante. Why else would he explain his killing of patapon. He didn't mean to. He is in control of his killing and could kill for us regardless of whether he is cured. 

And he will do this for us simply because HE CANNOT WIN at this point. He is doomed. Even if he joins us, we will lose because we will be focusing on protecting a killing role rather than ourselves. Having a killing role does not help us unless we know who mafia are.

He will kill for us for a spiritual victory. There is no other option.

LOOK if they don't kill heph they will kill hat. And then who does heph kill? He hs no idea. Then the next night, who do we doctor? Heph? The mafia will just kill another one of us. 

By trying to turn Heph now, we basically lose a doctor, and hatmoza.

theprof00 said:

I didn't mean that he IS a vigilante, but that he wants to kill as if he were a vigilante. Why else would he explain his killing of patapon. He didn't mean to. He is in control of his killing and could kill for us regardless of whether he is cured. 

And he will do this for us simply because HE CANNOT WIN at this point. He is doomed. Even if he joins us, we will lose because we will be focusing on protecting a killing role rather than ourselves. Having a killing role does not help us unless we know who mafia are.

LOOK if they don't kill heph they will kill hat. And then who does heph kill? He hs no idea. Then the next night, who do we doctor? Heph? The mafia will just kill another one of us. 

You're not understanding!

When hatmoza cures him he becomes part of the town. 

He wins if the town wins. If he kills us, then he loses. 

We won't lose anything. What we do is gain an extra player who can kill bad guys! Of course it'll be hard to narrow them down, but extra guns for the town is beneficial. I don't understand how you can look at this differently. 

We're not gonna lose a doctor, unless they target the doctor himself. I don't see how Heph has anything to do with the doctor dying. 

Also, hatmoza isn't much of a target besides tonight, because if he cures the serial killer then he becomes a regular vanilla townie without any powers. 

Around the Network

actually town wins even if they died, as long as the team wins (I read somewhere it wasn't the case for mafia but here they still win I think)... if i'm cured  I can win as much as any townie...if it makes it easier for you, you can count me as one more townie that will die at night, that still benefits the town, being 11vs5 or 10vs5 is close but not the same thing...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

c03n3nj0 said:

theprof00 said:

We won't lose anything. What we do is gain an extra player who can kill bad guys! Of course it'll be hard to narrow them down, but extra guns for the town is beneficial. I don't understand how you can look at this differently. 

We're not gonna lose a doctor, unless they target the doctor himself. I don't see how Heph has anything to do with the doctor dying. 

Also, hatmoza isn't much of a target besides tonight, because if he cures the serial killer then he becomes a regular vanilla townie without any powers. 

I would just ignore you, but I need your help because we definitely do need to kill him.

I've written exactly why it is a problem to turn him. re-read it.

Tonight: Hat turns Heph, heph asks doctor to protect heph. Mafia kill hat. 
Next night, mafia randomly kill one of us because doctor will be protecting heph since "all us town guys need a vigilante SO BAD" and we will continue to lose people everyday until the doctor dies. Then heph dies.

It doesn't matter if they don't kill hat, they can kill any one of us. Even worse if they don't kill hat, don't you see? They have even more chance to kill the doctor or someone important.

You're making my point!

Anyhow, 

I'll FoS dtewi for the reason that almost every vote he has made was following someone else's FoS or Vote. he hasn't actively looked for scum himself, instead he has discussed only on the overall discussion happening at that time. That's something the mafia want to do to appear like they are contributing. 

This was tied with the vote spread I made, but I clicked cancel and I'm really too lazy to re-do it. 

Hephaestos said:

Hat you disapoint me... I even went as far as looking for Akuma related hints (messatsu is the name in front of most his attacks), I made a long post day one filled with ryu quotes and this.... you should have read my posts closer if i was amongst the 3... I mean heck I was the only one asking the questions the SK would... is it really safe to do this, will it fail, what if they control....

Not comming forward directly  is solely because of the risk of a mafia with a control role... i metioned it and it's a possibility.. but now that i'm out, being SK or vigilante is the same thing to that regards.

I wanted you to tell the names cause if I was not in them i'd have tried to have you restart your search somehow... and avoid getting the others lynched. I'm in there so it's useless to suspect the others, I just wish I could have posted this sooner.

I'm happy to hear that my suspicions about hatmoza were wrong.  I have a few questions.  Let's start with the obvious: why are you only now stepping forward?

theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

theprof00 said:

I would just ignore you, but I need your help because we definitely do need to kill him.

I've written exactly why it is a problem to turn him. re-read it.

Tonight: Hat turns Heph, heph asks doctor to protect heph. Mafia kill hat. 
Next night, mafia randomly kill one of us because doctor will be protecting heph since "all us town guys need a vigilante SO BAD" and we will continue to lose people everyday until the doctor dies. Then heph dies.

It doesn't matter if they don't kill hat, they can kill any one of us. Even worse if they don't kill hat, don't you see? They have even more chance to kill the doctor or someone important.

You're making my point!

I see your point more clearly now. 

But listen to this: 

The mafia kill townies every day. Having the doctor protect Heph won't magically make them kill more. Also, we don't necessarily need the doctor to protect Heph every night, just this night.

In every game the mafia have been trying to kill someone important. And most of the time they do, but as long as the town kill the mafia before the mafia kills them the town wins. 

In the end, killing Heph is useless and will ultimately hurt the town, because doing that would be killing a townie. That's helping the mafia kill important people, actually.