By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Nikells said:
SciFiBoy2.0 said:
it does seem odd that Hatmoza is so sure that the SK hasnt come forward because he doesnt want to, see my post before this for why I think thats odd.

1) tbh, I dont think the SK would come forward, as I said in the post above, it would just make them target no.1 for the mafia.

2) how does he know it? I mean, how can you so confidently assert that he knows you arent the SK?

2) If he truly believed I was the SK he'd want to turn me into a powerful ally for the town instead of just killing me. He's either trying to apply pressure to me so that if I am the SK I admit it before I'm actually lynched, or he's lying and has an ulterior motive and just wants to take a townie or two out before he's found out.

@bolded. You reek of desperation.

I do want the SK as an ally. After thinking it over I'm thinking even the dumbest person would come forward and say they were the SK ... you and Truck didn't, so I'm reconsidering. However I still believe odds are you're still mafia moreso than any of the 3.

@ whoever asked about mafia killing my treated target:

Simple, protect my target. If I die, my action still goes through. If the Cured SK doesn't come forward, kill, kill trucks.

I doubt there is an antitown  busdriver. And if there's a mind control scum who can redirect my actions ... fuck

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Fine hatmoza, i hope your plan works.  

Unvote

Vote Nikells

Nikells said:
theprof00 said:
Take a fighting game for example.

... long yomi explanation...

I don't really play fighting games: can you create an analogy where I'm a wizard and Hatmoza is a princess instead?

Yes, you are in love with princess hat. In a day's time, you will sit next to her at the fair.

yomi 1:

So, you decide to use a love potion in her drink the big fair.
Being the common response from a wizard who is in love with a princess, hatmoza has already had a witch make her a trinket that negates love potions.

yomi 2: 

Being a wizard, you know that a standard action to negating love potions is to use a trinket, which are easily obtainable. So, Instead, you decide to use a special hypnotic technique that works when the victim is slightly inebriated.

The princess, knowing that you are a very intelligent wizard, decides that a simple love potion is beneath you and your only possible option is to use a hypnotic technique. So, the princess orders her staff to serve her, and only her a special non-alcoholic wine. After which, she will pretend to become attracted to you and guards will follow her from afar to kill you when you both get to your room.

yomi 3:

Knowing that the princess is very intelligent, and might pretend to fall in love with you and have you killed, you instead tell her lover hepestos that the princess will meet him in your laboratory at midnight. You tell the princess to meet you in the lab, so the guards will come in and imprison the lover instead of you, and surpirse that she witnesses of her lover being taken away for execution, she will set down sharply and ask for some water, because it is expected for women to do when something terrible happens. Because you expect this, you have your water contaminated with love potion.

Because the princess knows this will happen, she wears the trinket so that she can stay focused and have the guards free the prisoner. and kill you.

hatmoza said:

2) If he truly believed I was the SK he'd want to turn me into a powerful ally for the town instead of just killing me. He's either trying to apply pressure to me so that if I am the SK I admit it before I'm actually lynched, or he's lying and has an ulterior motive and just wants to take a townie or two out before he's found out.

@bolded. You reek of desperation.

Do I? Could you remind me of the proof you have that the bolded text is definitely not the case, I seem to have missed it.

c03n3nj0 said:

@theProof00

Obvious in what manner? I realize this question is late, but blame that on hatmoza. 

Answering that question will hurt you.

Around the Network
theRepublic said:

Hatmoza would be an absolute waste of a lynch right now.  If he is telling the truth, the the town would be screwing themselves.  If he is lying, it will become apparent on Day Four.  We can lynch him then.

Contrary to Nikells' and others' beliefs, this is my analysis as well.  Hatmoza didn't sit well with me yesterday, and I'm becoming less and less inclined to believe him with time, but the benefit he's promising is enticing enough to make me say we hold off for a bit and see if he can deliver on his promises.

A quick summary: Hatmoza's said that he had two, now three, people who might be the serial killer.  How and why Kantor was able to get this info through is beyond me, but let's leave that aside for now.  He seemed dead certain that one of those two was not the serial killer, and he's now trying to lynch one of the candidates, the same one who  he called the most likely candidate, in fact.  That's confidence!  Therefore, he shouldn't need more than two nights to follow through.

Here's the plan:  Hatmoza lives today.  If, by Day Four, someone who's name ends with an "s" does not step forth and say "I was Kratos, I was the Serial Killer, and Hatmoza turned me into a Vigilante," then we lynch Hatmoza.  In the unlikely event that Hatmoza is being truthful, we reap the benefit.  If he's not, we lynch a bad guy.

theprof00 said:
Nikells said:
theprof00 said:
Take a fighting game for example.

... long yomi explanation...

I don't really play fighting games: can you create an analogy where I'm a wizard and Hatmoza is a princess instead?

Yes, you are in love with princess hat. In a day's time, you will sit next to her at the fair.

yomi 1:

So, you decide to use a love potion in her drink the big fair.
Being the common response from a wizard who is in love with a princess, hatmoza has already had a witch make her a trinket that negates love potions.

yomi 2: 

Being a wizard, you know that a standard action to negating love potions is to use a trinket, which are easily obtainable. So, Instead, you decide to use a special hypnotic technique that works when the victim is slightly inebriated.

The princess, knowing that you are a very intelligent wizard, decides that a simple love potion is beneath you and your only possible option is to use a hypnotic technique. So, the princess orders her staff to serve her, and only her a special non-alcoholic wine. After which, she will pretend to become attracted to you and guards will follow her from afar to kill you when you both get to your room.

yomi 3:

Knowing that the princess is very intelligent, and might pretend to fall in love with you and have you killed, you instead tell her lover hepestos that the princess will meet him in your laboratory at midnight. You tell the princess to meet you in the lab, so the guards will come in and imprison the lover instead of you, and surpirse that she witnesses of her lover being taken away for execution, she will set down sharply and ask for some water, because it is expected for women to do when something terrible happens. Because you expect this, you have your water contaminated with love potion.

Because the princess knows this will happen, she wears the trinket so that she can stay focused and have the guards free the prisoner. and kill you.

That was f-ing awesome!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
SciFiBoy2.0 said:

im confused, you say he is more suspect than anyone else, yet the only reason you give here (I may have missed other reasons you have given before), is that he defended you?

Read over the game -_-.

In short, at one point in the game, I said anyone who is defending me is most likely scum.

Nikells was defending me against noname's onslaught ... and honestly, really well too.

that's pretty much the gist.

That's a very weak reason imo, I'm not convinced

But if the majority agrees to lynch Nikells (or anyone else) at least make sure to give him a chance to role claim

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

noname2200 said:
theRepublic said:

Hatmoza would be an absolute waste of a lynch right now.  If he is telling the truth, the the town would be screwing themselves.  If he is lying, it will become apparent on Day Four.  We can lynch him then.

Contrary to Nikells' and others' beliefs, this is my analysis as well.  Hatmoza didn't sit well with me yesterday, and I'm becoming less and less inclined to believe him with time, but the benefit he's promising is enticing enough to make me say we hold off for a bit and see if he can deliver on his promises.

A quick summary: Hatmoza's said that he had two, now three, people who might be the serial killer.  How and why Kantor was able to get this info through is beyond me, but let's leave that aside for now.  He seemed dead certain that one of those two was not the serial killer, and he's now trying to lynch one of the candidates, the same one who  he called the most likely candidate, in fact.  That's confidence!  Therefore, he shouldn't need more than two nights to follow through.

Here's the plan:  Hatmoza lives today.  If, by Day Four, someone who's name ends with an "s" does not step forth and say "I was Kratos, I was the Serial Killer, and Hatmoza turned me into a Vigilante," then we lynch Hatmoza.  In the unlikely event that Hatmoza is being truthful, we reap the benefit.  If he's not, we lynch a bad guy.

then vote Nikells, and I promise you'll see tht I have been truthful throughout the whole game.

theprof00 said:
Nikells said:

Haha, that was awesome.