By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theprof00 said:

Well I guess I know who zeus is. :P

Joke?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

I think hatmoza is the obvious lynch here.

We lost our "guide".

Guide, to me, seems to be the person that guides kratos to our side. in mafia, there is a duo called the psychiatrist and the psychopath. The psychiatrist can cure the psycho and make him town.Also, on the mafiascum wiki, "lie detector"s alias is psychiatrist.

I'm a click away from voting hatmoza, but what do you think about zeus getting protected last night? Was hatmoza being protected? Or did zeus get lucky?

Right now, it looks like hat lied, khuutra defended him, his character is on kratos' side in the game (I know, I know, don't confuse character alignment for role alignment), and there are others that agree with hat.

What do you think?

Is hat zeus? or is he a liar?

You think Kantor was both a lie detector and a psychiatrist?  No way.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:

I think hatmoza is the obvious lynch here.

We lost our "guide".

Guide, to me, seems to be the person that guides kratos to our side. in mafia, there is a duo called the psychiatrist and the psychopath. The psychiatrist can cure the psycho and make him town.Also, on the mafiascum wiki, "lie detector"s alias is psychiatrist.

I'm a click away from voting hatmoza, but what do you think about zeus getting protected last night? Was hatmoza being protected? Or did zeus get lucky?

Right now, it looks like hat lied, khuutra defended him, his character is on kratos' side in the game (I know, I know, don't confuse character alignment for role alignment), and there are others that agree with hat.

What do you think?

Is hat zeus? or is he a liar?

You think Kantor was both a lie detector and a psychiatrist?  No way.

What do you think of Hatmoza seeing that he is the prime suspect atm for others? (not me)

SciFiBoy2.0 said:

it seems highly unlikely that hatmoza is what he says then, I mean, if someone else is the "guide", that would suggest Hatmoza is something else.

Someone else latching onto the 'Kantor is a lie detector AND psychiatrist' theory?  I find this suspicious.

Now Playing

Guide could perfectly be what something hatmoza told us from Apollo: 

He narrowed down kratos for him. So, "guide" as in, his roles give other players clues depending on what happened. 

Which leads me to brings something from the GoW3s story. Two people where with Apollo when he died, so then Apollo knows these two people, and told hatmoza(Athena) that. So, hatmoza has a lead on who was the one who "butchered" Apollo. I still think the one who killed Poseidon is kratos, though. 

Now, doesn't that make sense? This is why i wanted for hatmoza to respond instead of inulging in crazy theories >.> 

Anyways, I see where hatmoza is coming from his mafia list. But i's still too broad. Khuutra didn't necessarily die because he went after hatmoza. There's no telling who the mafia sided with. 

Also because I'm pro-town. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:

Plus now you are editing your posts,  trying to hide something you screwed up?

I saw that he edited supermario into the unsure list. 

But still, 

HATMOZA DON'T EDIT AGAIN! 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

hatmoza said:

THE GUYS WHO KEPT THEIR DISTANCE FROM ME ARE THE SCUM.

The town: it's your first game, confused, excited and paranoid, all newcomers who are town feel like sherlock holmes. They feel that the scum is someone clever and someone who isn't obvious. I was like that my first game, sabby was like that his first game etc. 

based on that I will say Prof, dtewi, SFB,  noname (who I want to groin kick for wasting all his efforts on me) is Town 

The scum are the followingnen-suer, Silver-tiger, Heph, Trucks, Vette, sabby, jo

Alignments I'm not sure ofNikells, supermario

Something doesn't add up here, dude.

I was the only that didn't trust you from the very beginning. I was the one who stood up against everybody else when they believed your story. If anybody "didn't keep distance" like you descibes it, it was me. then why the hell am I on your scum list?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

SciFiBoy2.0 said:
noname2200 said:
Hephaestos said:
noname2200 said:

Hephaestos said:

one thing that doesn't fit though.... Silver and I believe appolo was killed by patapon... but the story says he's then with zeus at the top of olympus.... odd odd... would make the sibling idea credible... but that would make it that we could have had 5 kills night one...

Patapon was the Daytime Vigilante.  And what's this about Silver getting killed?

difference between daytime and nightime? does his kill appear in the day?

who said silver got killed? please read again...

The Daytime Vigilante kills during the day, with his identity and action openly exposed when it happens.  The game where Words of Wisdom moderated is a good example of how that works.

Regarding Silver: "Silver and I believe appolo was killed by patapon" is a horribly disjointed sentence, especially if you're trying to connect Silver to the clause before the ellipses.  I don't want to go all Grammar Police on you, but what you wrote apparently doesn't mean what you meant, since what you wrote means "Silver and Appolo got killed by patapon." 

So, what did you mean?

Nikells said:

It seems incredibly unlikely to me.
If Hatmoza was just making this all up he'd have to:

1) Bet on Kratos being the serial killer.
2) Bet on nobody calling out his name-claim.
3) Bet on not being investigated by the cop or tracker at all for as long as he lives.

And for what? All Hatmoza gets from his early role-claim is lots of attention. Stefl was a very different case as he gained a lot of power during the day with his investigations.

1) Again, that was a logical assumption to make: hatmoza even mocked Khuutra for briefly challenging that premise.

2) Who said he isn't Athena?  But then again, who's to say where Athena is aligned?  We've heard rumblings already that Athena's not a goody two-shoes in the God Of War series.  We've also had it hinted that she wasn't a friend of Zeus, either.

3) That is the only risk he would take, and for what it's worth I think hatmoza's sufficiently high-profile that he would probably be investigated at some point anyways.  And of course we can all agree that Khuutra (Mafia) was also likely to be investigated early on; deflecting the inevitable investigation from a teammate would be a viable strategy.  Moreover, he's certainly doing quite a bit to try and discredit anyone who challenges his claims: perhaps he would figure that he can stave off an investigation by being obviously pro-town: the cop(s) certainly have enough folks to look into as it is.

No, if hatmoza's anti-town there's a rational motive behind his actions.

Nikells said:

Here's the bottom line:
Hatmoza's cards are flat out on the table now: if he's lying we'll be sure to catch him out soon.

How do you figure, especially now that a cop has died?  How is his capture inevitable, especially if we accept his statements without reserve?

Nikells said:

Right now there is nothing to prove that he is not telling the truth.

There's no smoking gun, but there's certainly cause for concern. 

1) He was quick to get defensive when challenged,

2) He's taken to accusing anyone who suspects him,

3) After his initial post he's made little effort to convince Kratos to expose himself (do you realize you've done just as much, if not more, for that cause than he has?),

4) He (a long-time Mafia veteran) committed the faux pas of posting long after night had fallen simply to reiterate that 'he will find Kratos' (why does he feel the need to reiterate this? The only reason I can see is to bolster his own credibility),

5) His story this morning requires us to believe that Kantor trusted him enough to NOT use his lie detecting ability on hatmoza's claimed role,

6) Kantor gained information to narrow Kratos to two people AND tell this information to Hatmoza, all in one night (i.e. Kantor can take two separate night actions in one night),

7) He's a psychiatrist who is told that his possible patient will become a vigilante: judging from the last game with a psychiatrist, the psychiatrist is not explicitly told what will happen when he finds his target,

8) He FoS'd Khuutra (Mafia), despite Khuutra doing the opposite of what he listed as being suspicious behavior.

I'm eager to hear his answer to your questions.

excellent post, Hatmoza just moved back onto my radar

This makes me suspicious of you. It's like bandwagoning really on someone elses suspicions.

Also you didn't gave your opinion on Squilliam and theRepublic. What are your thoughts on them?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

The guide thing is indeed confusing.

If we believe hatmoza's claim it means Kantor used his Guide part of his role last night to send him the hint through the mod. Now what I don't get is how can Kantor be sending hints about Kratos if he doesn't know who Kratos is in the first place and if he does know who Kratos is why didn't he just tell everyone.

Signature goes here!