By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

2 pages.... >.>

Anywyas, dtewi. It's safe to assume there are two mafia because "murdered" is always used as the mafia kill here. One faction was stopped by the sister of fate, but another succeeded in its kill. 

As for Zeus not being in the game, well truckO has a point. If the sister of fate stopped krono's kill and turned it against him, then showing Zeus was a player is a little too much. 

Then again, having Zeus not be a player sounds weird. He's too much of a big character ain't he? 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
sabby_e17 said:

You do know that it would be better if you could back up your Fos with some evidence.

Yup, I'm working on that...

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

theprof00 said:

unvote hatmoza

What part of hatmoza's story convinced you all of a sudden?

Vetteman94 said:

Yes I had that ability,  I do believe that is refered to as a Ghost or at least a subset of it anyway.  But I could switch his target with whomever I wanted.  i didnt have to know who his target was either.  I basically controlled their night action for that night.  The person would then get the result of the switched person not knowing it was switched

That is awesome.  Borderline broken, probably, but still awesome.

Hephaestos said:

one thing that doesn't fit though.... Silver and I believe appolo was killed by patapon... but the story says he's then with zeus at the top of olympus.... odd odd... would make the sibling idea credible... but that would make it that we could have had 5 kills night one...

Patapon was the Daytime Vigilante.  And what's this about Silver getting killed?

Vetteman94 said:

Also on a side note.  

GodOfWar_3ever

I dont think you should be participating as much as you are in this game.   Asking direct mod questions is one thing, such as explaining a paticular and possible confusing role of a deceased player.  But if the information is already in the game else where,   such as which player died, specific characters that died ,  it is the responsibility of the players to look for that information themselves.   Having you correct peoples mistakes due to not paying attention to the game will ruin the outcome.

I second this.

sabby_e17 said:

It's okay to suspect supermario but the thing thats not okay is that he Fosed me on day one when I hadn't even posted and now he fosed me without providing any evidence.

Going on with your gut feeling is not good enough.

And why not?  Why so jumpy?

c03n3nj0 said:

2 pages.... >.>

Anywyas, dtewi. It's safe to assume there are two mafia because "murdered" is always used as the mafia kill here. One faction was stopped by the sister of fate, but another succeeded in its kill.

Please explain.

noname2200 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

2 pages.... >.>

Please explain.

For the simple reason that in every VGC mafia game (maybe almost all) murdered is used for mafia kills. :P 

GoW3 played his first game here, so I bet he uses  it the same way. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Alright I've been slowly reading through the thread at work and I have a lot to say. I don't want to create a wall of text so i'm going to address my number one concern right now and deal with the rest after this is resolved.

Numer one concern: Hatmoza.

This is why i think he's telling the truth:

1) I just can't see how Hatmoza's roleclaim would benefit him at all if he was a mafia member. If I recall the only thing he asked for was that the serial killer reveal himself?
2) He knew Kratos was the SK. I know next to nothing about God of War: is Kratos being the serial killer really that obvious?
3) He name-claimed and nobody called him on it: another coincidence?
4) He's just told us he'll be able to find Kratos within 2 days max. If he doesn't do this and Kratos doesn't turn up dead: he's signed his own death warrant.

If anybody can explain to me a viable motive as to why a mafia member would draw so much attention to himself on the very first day, and what he'd get out of it, please share it.

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:

For the simple reason that in every VGC mafia game (maybe almost all) murdered is used for mafia kills. :P 

GoW3 played his first game here, so I bet he uses  it the same way. 

Right, but why does it follow that there are two mafias?

Nikells said:

If anybody can explain to me a viable motive as to why a mafia member would draw so much attention to himself on the very first day, and what he'd get out of it, please share it.

The motive is obvious: "I can't be a bad guy, because look at how much attention I've drawn to myself!" "Hiding in plain sight" is a more traditional way of putting it. 

It's certainly noteworthy that hatmoza's already used the "the following people dared to question my story so they're probably anti-town" approach, which rather assumes that his actions have made his alignment unquestionable.

noname2200 said:
Nikells said:

The motive is obvious: "I can't be a bad guy, because look at how much attention I've drawn to myself!" "Hiding in plain sight" is a more traditional way of putting it. 

It's certainly noteworthy that hatmoza's already used the "the following people dared to question my story so they're probably anti-town" approach, which rather assumes that his actions have made his alignment unquestionable.

I agree with this,  hatmoza is my number one suspect.   The "hiding in plain sight" thing reminds me of Stefl from last game.   This kinda looks like a similar situation. 

FoS hatmoza

In all honestly I would have no problem turning this into a vote.  

Vetteman94 said:

Yes I had that ability,  I do believe that is refered to as a Ghost or at least a subset of it anyway.  But I could switch his target with whomever I wanted.  i didnt have to know who his target was either.  I basically controlled their night action for that night.  The person would then get the result of the switched person not knowing it was switched

That is awesome.  Borderline broken, probably, but still awesome.

Did my last post just break the thread?   It looks like it on my screen?   Can I edit it to fix it since it really doesnt have any info pertaining to this game?