By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theprof00 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
theprof00 said:

4 people died?!?

Thats what happens at night.

So far as I saw on the wiki, the mafia kills one, the SK kills another. That's two more than I expected!

Also, the story format is foreign to me. I'm not sure I know how to interpret it.

I feel like I'm reading too much into everything.

Zeus attacked Khuutra, Khuutra was immune to the attack (according to wiki mafia lord is immune to night kill), but then Khuutra was also attacking Zeus (mafia hit?), and zeus was protected by the sister of fate (doctor?), or perhaps sister of fate is like a bodyguard who reverses the action performed? ie, khuutra attacked zeus, got guarded, and then he himself died...

I'm really confused honestly.

Then final failed to finish an action, getting killed in the process (by an interruptor?)

Also, all the killings seem to be done by kratos, but I don't understand the differentiation going into murder/massacre/other

Maybe kratos is protected by things? Like kantor and final was investigating kratos and got killed because of it, and then the SKs kill decision was just randomly patapon.

Godfathers are immune to investigations by the cop.  As in, they come up innocent. They aren't immune to night kills. 

Anyways, it looked like Zeus was about to get killed, but the sister of fate reversed that so Kronos got killed instead. So, that was the mafia's night action to kill zeus, it seems. 

What I find interesting is that the godfather did the killing, which doesn't usually happen, but it's not impossible. 

I think kratos killed Poseidon. 

"other" was the sister of fate.
"massacred" was Patapon - probably kratos
"murdered" was Final-Fan - probably another mafia faction beside's khuutra's. 
"Butchered" was kantor. I have no answer for this. but looking that patapon was the day time vigilante, it's safe to assume there was a night time vigilante. 

Either butchered or massacred could be kratos. Is it me or does massacred fit him better? Perhaps that's looking too much into the word. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Interesting exchange here:

hatmoza said:

Khuutra said:

Let me think a second.

I imagine that there's an equivalent role for Mafia - i.e. being able ot recruit the serial killer to be Mafia instead of pro-town.

But if you were Mafia, you'd be pretty seriously screwing yourself over with this role claim: everyone and their grandma is watching you tonight, or investigating you, or whatever. More, if you were Mafia you run the risk of a Town with the equivalent role coming in and slapping you upside the head.

You realize, though, you've doomed some people (like ME, damn your eyes!) to die.

I'm going to say I believe your role claim tentatively, but I want to know one thing:

What character are you?

Athena

I buy that. She's a big enough name in the series that fake-claiming her would be fairly perilous. She's probably not Mafia, since she was against Zeus (and if anybody is Mafia it's Zeus), though she was an independent role in the end.

Maybee I'm thinking that over too much. Possible that characters and roles are unrelated.

Anyway. I believe you enough to leave you be for now, barring someone coming up with a negative investigation.

Well.... holy shit.

So one mafia kill.

One Kratos kill.

And TWO unexplained kills.

Let's see....

Kantor was suspected by Final-Fan and TruckOSaurus.

Final-Fan by I don't think anyone.

And I think patapon was suspected by everyone.

But none of that helps us...

What would be a motive for killing Kantor?

That might have placed the suspicion on Final-Fan since he voted for him, and vice versa for Final-Fan's motives...

But they're both dead and that leads us back to circle one.

If Truck were scum, maybe he'd kill one of them to blame the other, but that seems rather unlikely.

Ermmmm.... ugh, not much to go on from this night. :

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

c03n3nj0 said:

Godfathers are immune to investigations by the cop.  As in, they come up innocent.

Don't assume this.  I lacked this ability in the last game, so it's not a universal rule.

And I knew Khuutra was mafia this game; something about his posts just wasn't adding up, although my evidence was as weak as a Shirley Temple... Time to review yesterday's posts.

Although it really sucks that we lost our cop so early...please let there be a deputy.  Also, I'm eager to learn what Kantor's abilities were, since those roles are new to me.  Nice to see we're mixing things up this game!

noname2200 said:

Also, I'm eager to learn what Kantor's abilities were, since those roles are new to me. 

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Lie_Detector

mafiascum is your best friend.

Around the Network

So since patapon seemed to be the work of a vigilante it seems, there wouldn't be much sense in reviewing his posts.

c03, why do you say there may be another faction?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

I think hatmoza is the obvious lynch here.

We lost our "guide".

Guide, to me, seems to be the person that guides kratos to our side. in mafia, there is a duo called the psychiatrist and the psychopath. The psychiatrist can cure the psycho and make him town.Also, on the mafiascum wiki, "lie detector"s alias is psychiatrist.

I'm a click away from voting hatmoza, but what do you think about zeus getting protected last night? Was hatmoza being protected? Or did zeus get lucky?

Right now, it looks like hat lied, khuutra defended him, his character is on kratos' side in the game (I know, I know, don't confuse character alignment for role alignment), and there are others that agree with hat.

What do you think?

Is hat zeus? or is he a liar?

GodOfWar_3ever said:

noname2200 said:

Also, I'm eager to learn what Kantor's abilities were, since those roles are new to me. 

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Lie_Detector

mafiascum is your best friend.

Thank you!  I guess I overlooked/forgot that role.  Now I'm bummed that we lost him...

dtewi said:

So since patapon seemed to be the work of a vigilante it seems, there wouldn't be much sense in reviewing his posts.

i think because of how many kills there were.

theprof00 said:
dtewi said:

i think because of how many kills there were.

But wouldn't the type of death be the same?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you