By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:

What mass evidence against other people?  You mean our serial killer?  The one we have known about forever, and will still be there to lynch Tomorrow?

And yes, I think it is a great reason.  It is a fake role claim.  A lie.  Can you imagine our mod sifting through names, and deciding on one that isn't even in the games to give to a pro-town player?  Who would believe that?  It would be an even worse version of the Miller.

and what about asclepius republic. nikells doctor role?

I don't like it much either, but at least it was in the comics.  There is also the fact that it comes along side a doctor role claim.

I don't believe that TruckOsaurus revealed his role did he?  What role goes along with the personification of terror and the son of Ares?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:

What mass evidence against other people?  You mean our serial killer?  The one we have known about forever, and will still be there to lynch Tomorrow?

And yes, I think it is a great reason.  It is a fake role claim.  A lie.  Can you imagine our mod sifting through names, and deciding on one that isn't even in the games to give to a pro-town player?  Who would believe that?  It would be an even worse version of the Miller.

and what about asclepius republic. nikells doctor role?

I don't like it much either, but at least it was in the comics.  There is also the fact that it comes along side a doctor role claim.

I don't believe that TruckOsaurus revealed his role did he?  What role goes along with the personification of terror and the son of Ares?

We'll be able to figure this out tomorrow.

But for now,  a recruited Heph with extra kills for the scum is more dangerous than anything else.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

But for now,  a recruited Heph with extra kills for the scum is more dangerous than anything else.

We are definitely getting to the point where it is starting to be very dangerous to keep him around.  If we don't lynch him Today, it should happen Tomorrow.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:

This was completely unnecessary.  We already knew that Dtewi was not mafia, and name claiming doesn't help us determine who is in the cult.

Except I wanted more than just a name, I wanted a role, since if neither hatmoza nor prof are lying then we have a bus driver somewhere, one who is likely not pro-town.

And to help propel the game forward, and hopefully compel a bit more openness, I'm going to role-claim now: 

I'm Artemis, a doctor. 

Now, this doesn't necessarily mean that Nikells is lying about his role, because, frustratingly, I can only use my power every other night (a limitation which GodOfWar was keen to emphasize:  he even sent me a follow-up PM just to make sure I understood that... =^/), so there very likely is another doctor.  I was taken aback a bit by the fact that Nikells can apparently act every night, though: apparently, I'm the only one who was gimped...

I think there are things that indicate that Nikells is lying, and things that indicate otherwise.  I'm going to summarize my thoughts in the next few posts: everyone is free to chip in their thoughts and   observations, Nikells included.  I will say he isn't my only suspect, though.

By the way right now we're here:

Nik 1 vote

Noname

ToS 1 vote

Republic

Heph 4 votes

Nik; ToS; dtewi; prof

in order

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

Alright, let me summarize the case against Nikells:

Once hatmoza turned on him, he's spent the vast majority of the game hiding; he's only recently reappeared, and it took people voting to lynch him for that to happen.  In other words, he's been lurking for much of the game, even though he made himself fairly high-profile early on.

He's claimed to be a doctor, who can heal every night.  I'm a doctor, and I can not act every night, so it's somewhat discongruous.  Moreover, if I recall correctly vetteman said that once he found Morpheus he (vetteman) would become a doctor, rather than a regular townie:  if that's true, it would result in the town having three doctors, which seems a bit extreme.

He acted incredibly cagey about his role, long past the point where most townies would:  while it's understandable that a doctor won't come out and say he's a doctor, time basically ran out and he still hadn't bothered to role-claim and try to save himself.  Considering how rare it is for people to be online simultaneously, and how he was the only person with votes on him at the time, it seems unwise for a doctor to risk dying in order to, er, not risk dying.  Add to this the statement that he no longer cared as much about dying as he did on Day Two: apparently, doctors become less useful as the scum have fewer targets?

Also, he attempted to shift the town's attention away from hunting mafia and towards hunting the cult, to the point where he came up with reasons why the cult was as dangerous, if not more so, than the mafia.  He's also displayed a shocking indifference to important things like the God Of War series' storyline, in spite of there being heavy discussion throughout the game as to what, if anything, roles mean.  Strangely, this indifference did not extend to making sure that his own name could not be affiliated with scum, which is definitely an interesting distinction.  Finally, he's name-claimed someone who's not in the series: the topic's previously arisen, but unlike TruckOSaurus he didn't speak up at that time. 

Am I missing anything?

noname2200 said:
theRepublic said:

This was completely unnecessary.  We already knew that Dtewi was not mafia, and name claiming doesn't help us determine who is in the cult.

Except I wanted more than just a name, I wanted a role, since if neither hatmoza nor prof are lying then we have a bus driver somewhere, one who is likely not pro-town.

And to help propel the game forward, and hopefully compel a bit more openness, I'm going to role-claim now: 

I'm Artemis, a doctor. 

Now, this doesn't necessarily mean that Nikells is lying about his role, because, frustratingly, I can only use my power every other night (a limitation which GodOfWar was keen to emphasize:  he even sent me a follow-up PM just to make sure I understood that... =^/), so there very likely is another doctor.  I was taken aback a bit by the fact that Nikells can apparently act every night, though: apparently, I'm the only one who was gimped...

I think there are things that indicate that Nikells is lying, and things that indicate otherwise.  I'm going to summarize my thoughts in the next few posts: everyone is free to chip in their thoughts and   observations, Nikells included.  I will say he isn't my only suspect, though.

Worst. Roleclaim. Ever.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

and wow an other doctor, that really doesn't look good for Nik...

ToS... so son of Ares, what's your goal, kill Kratos?

in any case, you don't want to kill a Doc (fake), fine, well then i'll

VOTE: ToS

the other fake namer

and i'll do some plagia for the fun:

the clock is ticking, this will end in disaster... 2 out of the 4 people who voted for me are likely scum, so I guess it's ok. I know what i'm doing.

Bye I have to wake up in 2 hours to take the train, wedding all weekend so away for 36 hours from now. If this is my last post, then so be it.

/Bows

/sharpens blades, they're gonna get dirty.

Now, the case in favor of Nikells:

He's role-claimed doctor, and it's foolish to lynch one of those.  Additionally, based on my own limitations, I'm fairly confident that there's a second doctor out there, and no one aside from myself has stepped forward to claim that role.  He did vanish for much of the game, but then again speaking up almost got him lynched by the very person who he was attempting to defend, so there's some motivation there. 

He seemed pretty indifferent about getting lynched today, although that could cut either way.  A casual glance at the night actions he's claimed to have taken don't show any immediate discrepancies.  The only people he left his votes on were Squilliam and Sabby, i.e. two mafia. 

Is there anything I'm missing?  I'll admit that I'm swayed by the idea that he's another doctor, to the point where I'm going to unvote at this point, but I'd like to hear others' thoughts.

Unvote

oh forgot that Vett said he'd turn into a doctor, lol...

Unvote / Vote Nik