By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

noname2200 said:
theprof00 said:
noname2200 said:
hatmoza said:

Cult leader is dead. He tried to recruit vette but was kill (thank god) meaning there is only one cult member left. The one nen recruited first night.

Sorry, but I don't follow.  Can you walk me through what makes you think this?

quoted from the end of page 24@100

Hatmoza said:

"Why would nen kill night one though? That doesn't make sense as a stand alone Cult member. You would want to try and recruit immediately.

Now if nen is restricted to killing one night and then recruiting the next, that would make a little more sense. I think it's safe to say he recruited at least one person (night two because no one died). "

Thank you.  MafiaWiki doesn't say anything about Cult Leaders being unable to recruit nightly, but admittedly that doesn't mean much.  I see though that he later corrected his own math.

I really wish 3vr hadn't made this game so complicated. Looking at the wiki, not only are themed games the hardest for newbies to do, but the options oftentimes imbalance the game. Additionally, when worn has too many high power roles, it actually makes mafia more likely to win because when roleclaims are made nobody believes them. 

I'm going to say again noname, when I made my post responding to you last night I wrote "regardless of whether you meant it or not, you...". I'm sorry for accusing you in that way. I just really don't know who to trust and I just think everyone is being extra sneaky, probably because of the over-complication of this round.

Around the Network

edit: lol that "worn" is supposed to say town

theprof00 said:

I'm going to say again noname, when I made my post responding to you last night I wrote "regardless of whether you meant it or not, you...". I'm sorry for accusing you in that way. I just really don't know who to trust and I just think everyone is being extra sneaky, probably because of the over-complication of this round.

It's alright; I admit I overreacted myself, so sorry about that.  And it's good that you're developing a healthy wariness: like I said earlier, trusting anyone completely is a foolish thing to do if you're a townie. And I don't think most folks are being extra-sneaky this round, they're just being extra-confused.  Which can often look the same!

noname2200 said:
theprof00 said:

It's alright; I admit I overreacted myself, so sorry about that.  And it's good that you're developing a healthy wariness: like I said earlier, trusting anyone completely is a foolish thing to do if you're a townie. And I don't think most folks are being extra-sneaky this round, they're just being extra-confused.  Which can often look the same!

I'm at the point of tears on what I should do. lol

Here's some questions about sabby we should think about.

1) Would he really not bother to look up who his character is?
2) Mario said he tracked sabby to dtewis house, why didn't he also see sabby go to therepublic?
3) Why did sabby say "I'm not going to say therepublic's role because he probably wouldn't like to be outed like that", when his role of 'role-cop' doesn't tell what their alignment is? 
4) Why did he then out therepublic?
5) Is it possible that he really, accidentally targeted 4 town members?

Questions relating to heph:

1) Why did he target nen when yesterday he said he was going to target noname or vette?
2) Why was there no mafia kill night 2? Could he have been recruited?
3) Why did he question his own story. "I killed nen"...."proof is "firey-figure", "unless that was hephaestos (he is the god of fire)" http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3603166

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

2) Mario said he tracked sabby to dtewis house, why didn't he also see sabby go to therepublic?

I'm kicking myself for not seeing number two, nice catch!

noname2200 said:
theprof00 said:

I'm kicking myself for not seeing number two, nice catch!

but, we do have to take into account supermario's playing. It could have been a piece of left out information, just like how he left out what he did on night 2.

Are we really doubting Sabby is mafia, or are we waiting for the sake of discussion. I'm hoping it's the latter, because I can't express more how Sabby is mafia. 

Anyways, to discuss theprof's questions:
Sabby questions: 

1) Would he really not bother to look up who his character is?
Maybe. Interestingly enough, I did the exact same thing he did with the Street Fighter game. I roleclaimed an obvious mafia day 1, saying I didn't even know he was bad, and that I just said it because that was my role and I was pro-town. I was lynched day 3. I was mafia. Sabby is doing the exact same thing! 

*shrugs* It's either a) mario didn't mention it, or b) He only gets one result, and this is the mod's decision. We can always wait for theRepublic to roleclaim. 

I have a slight suspicion, that Sabby said that to cover theRepublic. >.> 

3) Why did sabby say "I'm not going to say therepublic's role because he probably wouldn't like to be outed like that", when his role of 'role-cop' doesn't tell what their alignment is?
One, I said not to reveal it, and maybe he just said it to appear pro-town, as townies don't gp revealing pro-town roles like that. 

4) Why did he then out therepublic?
Read last sentence answer for #2. That, or Sabby is careless. 

5) Is it possible that he really, accidentally targeted 4 town members?
Yes, but it's sooooooooooooo more likely he's the mafia cop, dammit! 

1) Why did he target nen when yesterday he said he was going to target noname or vette?
 I don't think someone should announce who they will target in the first place. Maybe he wasn't intending to target either of those two at all. 

There's always the possibility of the mafia being blocked by someone. Heph did say he chose not to kill, and if that was a lie because he was recruited is certainly possible. 

3) Why did he question his own story. "I killed nen"...."proof is "firey-figure", "unless that was hephaestos (he is the god of fire)" http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3603166 
I agree that he's story is a bit weird. I'm doubting he would kill his own cult leader, even because of a bus-driver seems far-fetched. This is something heph needs to have a satisfying explanation for. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

theprof00 said:

to 3):

He said he targeted nen and his proof is the "firey-figure". It's highly likely that there is also a role "Hephaestos", which is =/= the player "Heph".

The gamrconnect member Heph = Kratos

The role Hephaestos in this game = ???

I Hope you understand what I mean here.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:
theprof00 said:

to 3):

He said he targeted nen and his proof is the "firey-figure". It's highly likely that there is also a role "Hephaestos", which is =/= the player "Heph".

The gamrconnect member Heph = Kratos

The role Hephaestos in this game = ???

I Hope you understand what I mean here.

You misunderstood. 

The point was, if Heph (kratos) killed nen, then why does he have to add doubt to his own story saying that his proof could also be Hephaestos the god? 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."