By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

hatmoza said:

@ST

I'm still catching up I only read heph's reply and FF's big post chewing at prof's ass :D

he chewed my ass when I *blocked* him

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
sabby_e17 said:
theprof00 said:

We do REALLY need confirmation on role=alignment or not...

Last game that was NOT the case.

I don't think it is either. It reinforces my theory about noname being a scum.

Also, nen was a god, but he was cult, and vette was a minor god who ended up town...

Well, once again I'm fresh outta ideas until we get more information.

Morpheus was teamed up with Persephone in Chains of Olympus. 

Persephone is the queen of the underworld, and she kidnaps Helios (who sided with Olympus) to destroy the world along with Olympus. And Morpheus helps her by making every god and mortal sleep. Although he doesn't show in the game. GoW3 even mentions this in the story when Morpheus says something about being overshadowed/ignored (or something similar to that, too lazy to read it again) 

Anyhow, my point is that Titans/Gods don't necessarily being being bad and good. 

What does show alignment is on which side they are in God of War.

Helios was with Olympus (Which is arguably good in this game, because Zeus is mentioned to be part of the town) 

Both Persephone and Morpheus (nen) are against Olympus. 

Also, Gaia leads an attack against Olympus! Which means she isn't good! 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
sabby_e17 said:
theprof00 said:

We do REALLY need confirmation on role=alignment or not...

Last game that was NOT the case.

I don't think it is either. It reinforces my theory about noname being a scum.

Also, nen was a god, but he was cult, and vette was a minor god who ended up town...

Well, once again I'm fresh outta ideas until we get more information.

Morpheus was teamed up with Persephone in Chains of Olympus. 

Persephone is the queen of the underworld, and she kidnaps Helios (who sided with Olympus) to destroy the world along with Olympus. And Morpheus helps her by making every god and mortal sleep. Although he doesn't show in the game. GoW3 even mentions this in the story when Morpheus says something about being overshadowed/ignored (or something similar to that, too lazy to read it again) 

Anyhow, my point is that Titans/Gods don't necessarily being being bad and good. 

What does show alignment is on which side they are in God of War.

Helios was with Olympus (Which is arguably good in this game, because Zeus is mentioned to be part of the town) 

Both Persephone and Morpheus (nen) are against Olympus. 

Also, Gaia leads an attack against Olympus! Which means she isn't good! 

athena is also against olympus.

o wait, she sacrifices herself to save zeus...nvm

still need comments from

therepublic
nikells
ToS

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

Noname, last night you made a post about why you think that ff should not replace sfb. Your post indicated that it would be hard to identify ff whereas sfb acted suspiciously, so we should modkill him. 

This post comes off to me as two thing.

1) A VERY confident townie who is willing to use the modkill as a secondary lynch.

2) A mafia member who is trying to make townies think that sfb was a mafia and that it would be much harder to get him now.

I'll be honest, I'm somewhat personally insulted by this post, prof.  Contrary to your belief, I'm quite aware that the game ends at night, and my comments were purely meant to express my opposition to letting anyone new step into the game this far into it, i.e. my comments were not in-game. 

So, for the second time, I ask you to kindly stop asserting that I'm a cheater.  My comments that night have as little to do with the game as anyone else's, and I'd thank you to remember that.  Understood?

noname2200 said:
theprof00 said:

Noname, last night you made a post about why you think that ff should not replace sfb. Your post indicated that it would be hard to identify ff whereas sfb acted suspiciously, so we should modkill him. 

This post comes off to me as two thing.

1) A VERY confident townie who is willing to use the modkill as a secondary lynch.

2) A mafia member who is trying to make townies think that sfb was a mafia and that it would be much harder to get him now.

I'll be honest, I'm somewhat personally insulted by this post, prof.  Contrary to your belief, I'm quite aware that the game ends at night, and my comments were purely meant to express my opposition to letting anyone new step into the game this far into it, i.e. my comments were not in-game. 

So, for the second time, I ask you to kindly stop asserting that I'm a cheater.  My comments that night have as little to do with the game as anyone else's, and I'd thank you to remember that.  Understood?

sorry, honestly.

I never meant to imply you were cheating, I said it was being suspicious, and it's confusing.

BTW I am aware that I said that sabby was lying his ass off about dtewi, and then that I thought he was being honest.  I really am not sure here.  But I don't know why he would lie.  All I know is that I have good reason to believe people targeted Khuutra N1 and were NOT redirected.  Perhaps there is a way for sabby to have been redirected himself?  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Also, noname, I hope you have more to contribute than that.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:

"Day three - tracked Hatmoza, he visted Heph's house, investigated j0, he is sister of fate."

WAIT WAIT WAIT

This is an extremely important piece of information.  It means, or it OUGHT to mean, that hatmoza SUCCESSFULLY targeted hephaestos.  If heph was switched with someone else, sabby ought to have tracked him going to wherever he DID end up targeting, even if hatmoza thought it was heph.  

Since hatmoza reports failing to turn hephaestos, I conclude that it is extremely likely that either hatmoza or hephaestos was recruited and is now cult.  

Unvote sabby while we think about this.  

Right, so it makes no sense for hatmoza to be targeting hephaestos unless it's his psychiatrist power, which makes no sense if he's cult.  (Heph didn't die so it shouldn't be a cult kill targeting action.)  Therefore, IMO hephaestos is cult.  But I think the town is having some really good discussion right now so let's not do a quick lynch.  

On a related note I will probably be gone a few hours starting soon.