By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

nen-suer said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Final-fan is cool with replacing SFB ? Any objections ?

i don't mind, but what happened to the back up list ?

This is an extremely good point.  Although it would be sort of weird to have me sort of half resurrected and then sink back into my grave, they should get a shot at it.  

If, that is, they've either followed the thread or an insane desire to read 2400 posts in a timely fashion.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

1. RCTjunkie
2. Cross-X
Stefl1504

from the sign up thread

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:

Also I'd like to remind people that although this is an extremely unusual night, it IS a night, so if you're not PMing because the town is talking then get to it.  And also we should keep our town talk on the general subject of accepting or rejecting me instead of scumhunting, although that subject is obviously extending beyond up or down votes.  I'm just putting out those hypotheses in that context.  

if you actually had a role yet, i'd HoS you as you're the only one that diverted from the subject....

Please stop talking and just answer eventual questions pertaining to your joining....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

@ Final-Fan

Have you read the entire thread up until now?

I'd like FF to come back, he is up to date, and I don't want this night to last so long.

Also, GoW3ever is UK right? So it's near 4pm his time.. What time does he usually come on?

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
nen-suer said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Final-fan is cool with replacing SFB ? Any objections ?

i don't mind, but what happened to the back up list ?

This is an extremely good point.  Although it would be sort of weird to have me sort of half resurrected and then sink back into my grave, they should get a shot at it.  

If, that is, they've either followed the thread or an insane desire to read 2400 posts in a timely fashion.  

If your up to date withe thread then you will save us alot of time and the game will continue smoothly

Plus ur a good player who didn't get to play last round and this round too

I think you he best replacement we can ask for right now

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Nikells said:

I'm not loving the idea of Final Fan stepping back in to replace SFB, FF is a great player and I wish he hadn't died so early but it's far from ideal.
For one think we've already learned far too much from FF already and he's not even been put back into the game yet.
I also personally believe that when you're dead you should stay dead: it gives the game more weight.

I agree with this portion. I shared my thoughts on this the last game, and nothing's made me change my mind since:  subbing in a new player just breaks the flow of the game too much for my comfort, especially if the new player was previously active.  Shoot, half the reason folks are willing to suspect others has as much to do with the poster's reactions as the poster's words; anyone who was suspicious of SciFiBoy because he was jumpy and defensive, or because he suspected X person too quickly, or because he misspelled a word, etc. now has to start from square one with a player who is, in many respects, the polar opposite as SciFiBoy.

I feel bad that Final-Fan died early twice in a row, but I don't think it's wise to substitute anyone in at this point.  Much as I hate to say it, I think we should just mod-kill SciFiBoy and move on from there.

1- Feck it and let FF play. Last thing I (we) would want to do is explain 2500 posts to another player O_O at least FF knows what's going on.

2- modkill SFB

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Everyone vote 1 or 2  :D

I choose option (1)

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

i'm sorry but if you're gonna put it to a vote, i'll have to sanction his post which was way out of line, when you're not playing yet, you don't give hypothesis, and even if you play, you don't give hypothesis at night time. (it's not personnaly against you FF but you shouldn't have). Heck i'm an SK, what if I decided to change my action based on your hypothesis, would that be fair?

I called for Gow to decide, but if it's a vote, I vote 2. (or 3, being other player).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO