By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Although I do admit it would be cool to have FF return to the game I have a few objections:

If his previous role had any contact with another player, that kind of interferes with his new role. I know he got blocked first day so his investigation didn't go through, but he knows from his previous role for fact that he was blocked by Aphrodite.

That's kind of unfair for the scum. I want the town to win as much as the next guy, but having a great player like FF knowing that Prof speaks the truth, and by him having concrete evidence from his previous role that prof is indeed the blocker ... is kind of unfair. You got to remember this is a game, and we want to keep it fair for all factions.

Say for example his  new role is scum ... that's kind of unfair for us townies as well...

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

unless you didn't message him that he was blocked because he was killed ... I dunno. I leave it to other players to decide.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Final-fan is cool with replacing SFB ? Any objections ?

It all depends on what he knows from his previous role.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

like the other 2...

FF did post he had "Words" for us, does that mean he knew somthing or just deducted from reading?...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

hatmoza said:

Although I do admit it would be cool to have FF return to the game I have a few objections:

If his previous role had any contact with another player, that kind of interferes with his new role. I know he got blocked first day so his investigation didn't go through, but he knows from his previous role for fact that he was blocked by Aphrodite.

That's kind of unfair for the scum. I want the town to win as much as the next guy, but having a great player like FF knowing that Prof speaks the truth, and by him having concrete evidence from his previous role that prof is indeed the blocker ... is kind of unfair. You got to remember this is a game, and we want to keep it fair for all factions.

Say for example his  new role is scum ... that's kind of unfair for us townies as well...

Ah, but here's the best part:  I DON'T know if he's telling the truth.  At least, there are significant things he might be lying about, even if he is not lying about other things.  

Plus I vow to do my absolute best to completely disregard what my previous role KNEW as opposed to what the town SUSPECTS.  Considering my level of knowledge I am confident I can do this.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Oh and just FYI the "WORDS" I had for you all were not cop knowledge but an epic rant I'm dying to blast you with.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Final-fan is cool with replacing SFB ? Any objections ?

i don't mind, but what happened to the back up list ?

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Final-Fan said:
hatmoza said:

Ah, but here's the best part:  I DON'T know if he's telling the truth.  At least, there are significant things he might be lying about, even if he is not lying about other things.  

Plus I vow to do my absolute best to completely disregard what my previous role KNEW as opposed to what the town SUSPECTS.  Considering my level of knowledge I am confident I can do this.  

so you did interact with a player...

Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:

so you did interact with a player...

I dont think so...he was blocked and then died

unless you mean he talked about the game with one of the players on his wall or using a pm's

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

2 things:

_ FF has extra info and only 3ever knows if it's info that is relevant.

_ who the hell is gonna catch up 2500 posts? besides FF and Khuut there isn't many outsiders (as in not actively playing anymore) that actually posted here.