By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

nen-suer said:

I have to say that vetteman tend to be aggressive and hard headed when he's innocent

plus Helios is on the side of Zeus and one of the important chacters in gow.

If he's mafia then the entire (gods = good) in no longer true

Unless of course vetteman is fake calming, but like i said Helios is an important character

so i don't think that's the case

All the townies haven't been gods. They've been OLYMPIANS. There's a big difference.

Around the Network

Additionally, Hades, while not being an olympian either, is a MAJOR god. He is one of the twelve main gods.

theprof00 said:
nen-suer said:

I have to say that vetteman tend to be aggressive and hard headed when he's innocent

Unless of course vetteman is fake calming, but like i said Helios is an important character

All the townies haven't been gods. They've been OLYMPIANS. There's a big difference.

I guess, but if Helios is mafia does that mean he's with the titans (not likely) or mafia 2 or a "stand alone complex" ?

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

theprof00 said:
nen-suer said:
theprof00 said:

Against my better judgement, I too have some inclination as to marios innocence. It looks like he just got caught up in an attempt to disredit Hatmoza.

What everyone needs to understand is that Hatmoza is not mafia.

My role gave me information that proves it.

Mario could just be playing very badly.

I'm willing to go after someone else.

I dont mind giving a mario a chance to prove his ability, but i have to say i cant believe he can revive people

and even if he did not reviving the dead cop is enough for me to lynch him

same. He could just be really bad at the game though and thought he would wait for a better target.

However, he keeps mentioning that after he's lynched we should go after hat, dtewi, and myself.

I know for a fact that hat is innocent. Especially because mafia are trying really hard to get him. They framed him, they bussed him, and called for his lynch tomorrow.

Now, vette is in direct contradiction with hatmozas role. Hat received information from kantor. This I know. Vette didn't. 

Additionally, Vetteman's roleclaim does not even say how he gets the SK whom he claims to be searching for. It says he is a commuter. And he says that it says he is "looking for a god". Well what does he do once he finds him? I don't think he is the psychiatrist. I think that is just fluff in his storyline. My PM says specifically what powers I have. Vette's doesn't. 

I'm settled.

Vote Vetteman

I suggest everyone do the same and give mario a chance to redeem himself.

It says who I am looking for,  I am looking for Morpheus, The God of Dreams, if I find him I cure him and he becomes a townie or come back to Olympus as my role PM actually says.  Chains of Olympus anyone?????  Its not normal for a Psychiatrist to get help in finding the person he looking for.  Also a Psychiatrist turns into a doctor once his target is either killed or cured.

theprof00 said:
nen-suer said:

I guess, but if Helios is mafia does that mean he's with the titans (not likely) or mafia 2 or a "stand alone complex" ?

answer me this

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

The day ends in two hours:  barring a last-second exodus of votes supermario's going to be lynched.  I'm mostly comfortable with that, seeing as how he's been caught lying.  My only ambivalence is that he's claimed to be Hades, who's pro-Zeus in the games:  his being in the mafia would formally destroy the theory that the characters' alignments match up with their in-game alignments.

No one's disputed prof's claim to be Aphrodite, and no one but hatmoza has come forward to state that they were role-blocked last night.  I'd discounted the likelihood that there was a mafia bus driver because it seems unbalanced to add that to a team with a Godfather and a Framer (in addition to who-knows-what else), and because my own night actions combined with the results of last night decrease the likelihood that there was a bus driver.  But in light of what others have said today about their abilities, and GodofWar_3ever's response to complaints,  I have to concede that it is possible: assuming no one steps forth to claim they're Aphrodite, or that they were also roleblocked, I now think it's probable that they do.

Hephaestos is apparently set to kill someone tonight, despite the apparent removal of the mafia role-blocker which supposedly necessitated his night kill.  So be it:  I strongly disagree with this course of action, but then again I'm on the chopping block myself, so my objections probably don't mean much.  I wish we'd devoted at least some energy to finding Vetteman's target, as that would guarantee that one of them would succeed, but there's not much time to do that now.

Vetteman94 said:
theprof00 said:

same. He could just be really bad at the game though and thought he would wait for a better target.

However, he keeps mentioning that after he's lynched we should go after hat, dtewi, and myself.

I know for a fact that hat is innocent. Especially because mafia are trying really hard to get him. They framed him, they bussed him, and called for his lynch tomorrow.

Now, vette is in direct contradiction with hatmozas role. Hat received information from kantor. This I know. Vette didn't. 

Additionally, Vetteman's roleclaim does not even say how he gets the SK whom he claims to be searching for. It says he is a commuter. And he says that it says he is "looking for a god". Well what does he do once he finds him? I don't think he is the psychiatrist. I think that is just fluff in his storyline. My PM says specifically what powers I have. Vette's doesn't. 

I'm settled.

Vote Vetteman

It says who I am looking for,  I am looking for Morpheus, The God of Dreams, if I find him I cure him and he becomes a townie or come back to Olympus as my role PM actually says.  Chains of Olympus anyone?????  Its not normal for a Psychiatrist to get help in finding the person he looking for.  Also a Psychiatrist turns into a doctor once his target is either killed or cured.

So we have two Sk?!!! Kratos and Morpheus?

Hep said that his kills aren't limited so having another SK is just...wrong >_<

Vetteman94 said:
theprof00 said:
nen-suer said:
theprof00 said:

Against my better judgement, I too have some inclination as to marios innocence. It looks like he just got caught up in an attempt to disredit Hatmoza.

What everyone needs to understand is that Hatmoza is not mafia.

My role gave me information that proves it.

Mario could just be playing very badly.

I'm willing to go after someone else.

I dont mind giving a mario a chance to prove his ability, but i have to say i cant believe he can revive people

and even if he did not reviving the dead cop is enough for me to lynch him

I'm settled.

Vote Vetteman

unvote vetteman

his story checks out.

goddamnit, you two had better start playing better!

It makes sense that mario and vette are on town side.

But you need to understand something both of you.

Start playing better right now.

theprof00 said:

unvote vetteman

his story checks out.

goddamnit, you two had better start playing better!

Are you f'n kidding me?   I have been trying to get you to open your eyes about the targets you have picked out to lynch but all you have been concerned about is that you were right all along about a role the mafia has.  Which is your only evidence against anyone.