Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Let's see vette.

You deny mafia busser at the extent of everything else,

and you just name-claimed a titan.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
noname2200 said:
supermario128 said:

Yes, Hades is pro town for those of you doubting. And yes, I can bring people back to life, but only if they died during the previous night, and there are other circumstances I won't get into yet. 

You realize how incredibly suspicious this sounds, right?   Your power would be broken beyond any means of fairness.

broken for which side mafia or town?

either, if either side had that ability it would skew the game horrendously in their favor, unless of course, the other side had a similar role

theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:

role =/= alignment.

Noname.

You yourself are willing to believe that Hatmoza is lying.

Vette just claimed someone who isn't even one of the twelve major gods.

You are willing to believe him over Hat.

And now you three, whom I am all suspicious of, just name claimed while nobody else did.

Is all this information correct?

I'm pro-town and wasn't on that list you posted.

hence the role=/= alignment.

I'm not a Titan either though.  From all the dead people, and my own role, it is starting to look like Name = Alignment.

I'm not too sure yet about that.

I think that all titans are mafia, but I know for sure that town has more than the olympians, because there are only 10 playable olympians, which would make town too small.

I'm also having trouble buying Supermario's story. 

There's no role like that in mafia. And being able to bring back people from the dead is extremely broken, and he hasn't explained how it works. 

Add to that the claims theProf said before Supermario fully roleclaimed. I mean, he could've indirectly given mario ideas. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:
SciFiBoy2.0 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Guys, I GOT THIS FROM WIKI!

As time passed, Helios was increasingly identified with the god of light, Apollo. However, they should not be confused as the same god (Helios was a Titan, whereas Apollo was an Olympian).

can you please explain this in the context of this mafia game ffs

Because the two mafias we got so far are Titans.... 

aha! gotcha

so, Helios = Titan = Mafia, thefore its logical to assume that Vetteman = Titan = Mafia

Around the Network
SciFiBoy2.0 said:
theprof00 said:
noname2200 said:
supermario128 said:

Yes, Hades is pro town for those of you doubting. And yes, I can bring people back to life, but only if they died during the previous night, and there are other circumstances I won't get into yet. 

You realize how incredibly suspicious this sounds, right?   Your power would be broken beyond any means of fairness.

either, if either side had that ability it would skew the game horrendously in their favor, unless of course, the other side had a similar role

But that's not the extent of the power.

theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:

role =/= alignment.

Noname.

You yourself are willing to believe that Hatmoza is lying.

Vette just claimed someone who isn't even one of the twelve major gods.

You are willing to believe him over Hat.

And now you three, whom I am all suspicious of, just name claimed while nobody else did.

Is all this information correct?

I'm pro-town and wasn't on that list you posted.

hence the role=/= alignment.

I'm not a Titan either though.  From all the dead people, and my own role, it is starting to look like Name = Alignment.

I'm not too sure yet about that.

I think that all titans are mafia, but I know for sure that town has more than the olympians, because there are only 10 playable olympians, which would make town too small.

Don't forget the Sisters of Fate. 

Also to anybody who knows: What roles do they play in the GoW games? 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:

I'm also having trouble buying Supermario's story. 

There's no role like that in mafia. And being able to bring back people from the dead is extremely broken, and he hasn't explained how it works. 

Add to that the claims theProf said before Supermario fully roleclaimed. I mean, he could've indirectly given mario ideas. 

nono, it's very possible that he actually does have that power.

Look man. Something is up with Cronos. Nobody killed cronos. Nobody has stood up and said they did.

Something si wrong. Cronos is in Hades and the Hades role can resurrect.

im inclined to say that Mario is probably lying, his role makes no sense, has no equivalent, and oh yes, NO-ONE HAS COME BACK FROM THE DEAD...not to mention the massive imbalance it would create...

theprof00 said:
noname2200 said:
supermario128 said:

The town, obviously:  a person's alignment becomes known when they die, so having, say, Khuutra pop back up right now and say "'sup" would guarantee he'd get lynched that same day.  Revive a known townie, on the other hand, and when combined with doctor support you've basically given the town a huge hands-up:  that person is completely trustworthy, and can freely share his targets, thoughts, etc. without fear.  This is especially true if the revived person is a cop.  Simply put, even with huge restrictions, it's not a balanced role at all.  For that alone, I'm inclined to think he's lying.