By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theprof00 said:

yeah it's a kink in the story. You're right they probably aren't smart enough to plan all that.

Anyway, can I ask you about silver-tiger again? I'd really like another opinion. He specifically said that anyone who targets heph is a mafia. And heph IS a liability. Plus, ST could be Aphrodite, which would allow hat to get heph.

Oops, sorry, missed the question the first time.  Maybe I do have some tunnel-vision after all, but the main thought about silver-tiger that I have is that he was supposed to be next on hatmoza's radar after hatmoza found the serial killer, but once hephaestos stepped forward hatmoza doesn't seem to have given silver-tiger a second thought.

Give me a few minutes to go through today's posts, please.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
noname2200 said:
nen-suer said:

Intersing........your right........maybe someone is lying, but not hatmoza

Another posiblity is that Hep prevented hatmoza from locating the SK by calimg to be him

Hep being mafia (maybe the recruiter himself) can targetd the other two (ToS & Nikells) and recruit the SK

and after last night maybe he already did.

That's one hell of a plan and its scary if the mafia are this smart

It's possible, but not really plausible:  hephaestos did indeed leave a large post on day one in which he dropped several out-of-place Street Fighter quotes, which supports his story that he was trying to get hatmoza to find him.  I was actually struck by that post, since it seemed so odd, but I didn't recognize the quotes for what they were, but then again they weren't aimed at me.

I'm inclined to believe hephaestos' story at this point, although it is funny that he twice drew the serial killer when there was a psychiatrist around.

yeah it's a kink in the story. You're right they probably aren't smart enough to plan all that.

Anyway, can I ask you about silver-tiger again? I'd really like another opinion. He specifically said that anyone who targets heph is a mafia. And heph IS a liability. Plus, ST could be Aphrodite, which would allow hat to get heph.

When did I say this??

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

noname2200 said:
theprof00 said:

NOBODY STEP FORWARD.

Noname, stop calling for roleclaims, you need to stop. We don't need it,and it's not fun.

The objection to the mass name-claim was that it wouldn't be fun, and I now accept that.  But asking a specific person to step forward when we need their information to verify/disprove someone else's claim?  I don't see the harm in that: if anything, it encourages the liars to step their game up: nobody's going to repeat Squilliam's error of not reading that the cop was blocked the previous night, so their story won't fall apart as quickly as his did.

Do the rest of you disagree?

I just want to say that the mafia already know two important people to kill, hat and heph (unless they already have him, Do we really need to give them another target? And what if Aphrodite really is scum? There won't be a call anyway. A lot of conjecture will be made based on uncertainties.  I don't like that. Just as I don't like lynching someone and having them roleclaim sister of fate or doctor. 

It's also unecessary. We can figure things out later after more information. Let's not try and push for all possible suspects at once. That's scummy. (even though I know you're not scum).

My whole call for squills lynch was based on vote spreading. A list that I and nikells made that had overlap with 2 or 3 people. Squill and sm128 were two of them. The lists compiled vote spreaders with something else (i forget).

dtewi said:

And a prostitute isn't pro-town. It's another name for a mafia roleblocker.

And why in the world would a pro-town roleblocker try to prevent hatmoza from getting a vigilante?

2nd mafia faction........anyone ?

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

dtewi said:

And why in the world would a pro-town roleblocker try to prevent hatmoza from getting a vigilante?

I've seen role-blockers who are pro-town, just as I've seen mafia cops, and surely you have as well.  Your question is much more apt, though:  I can't think of any pro-town role-blocker who would want to block hatmoza, unless he subscribes to the idea that hatmoza's a mafia recruiter.  I wonder; the list of those people has to be fairly small.  Let's start our search for Aphrodite there, and see where that takes us.

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
dtewi said:

What does that have to do with anything I said?

I'm just saying Aphrodite is definitely not pro town.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Silver-Tiger said:
theprof00 said:
noname2200 said:
nen-suer said:

Intersing........your right........maybe someone is lying, but not hatmoza

Another posiblity is that Hep prevented hatmoza from locating the SK by calimg to be him

Hep being mafia (maybe the recruiter himself) can targetd the other two (ToS & Nikells) and recruit the SK

and after last night maybe he already did.

That's one hell of a plan and its scary if the mafia are this smart

It's possible, but not really plausible:  hephaestos did indeed leave a large post on day one in which he dropped several out-of-place Street Fighter quotes, which supports his story that he was trying to get hatmoza to find him.  I was actually struck by that post, since it seemed so odd, but I didn't recognize the quotes for what they were, but then again they weren't aimed at me.

I'm inclined to believe hephaestos' story at this point, although it is funny that he twice drew the serial killer when there was a psychiatrist around.

When did I say this??

"Maybe the mafia didn't kill anyone to shed a bad light on Heph? Seeing as Heph would become a Vigilante, they might as well decided to start a lynch party against him. The mafia wants to trick us into believing Heph has been recruited by them?"

noname2200 said:
dtewi said:

I've seen role-blockers who are pro-town, just as I've seen mafia cops, and surely you have as well.  Your question is much more apt, though:  I can't think of any pro-town role-blocker who would want to block hatmoza, unless he subscribes to the idea that hatmoza's a mafia recruiter.  I wonder; the list of those people has to be fairly small.  Let's start our search for Aphrodite there, and see where that takes us.

ST

noname2200 said:
dtewi said:

Role blockers who are pro town are never called prostitutes.

Prostitutes are always anti-town. Saying a prostitute could be pro-town is like saying a vigilante could be a serial killers.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

nen-suer said:
dtewi said:

the only second faction I could think of would have to be third party. I'm almost certain there is no 2nd mafia. Like someone said earlier. Khuutra was godfather. Why would there be 2, or even one mafia with a godfather and one without? It seems like it would be a waste of more productive roles.

No, the only possibility would have to be an SK faction, but even that is pretty out there.