By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

I got to admit, after finding the SK, I kinda lost interest in the game. But now that I have another obstacle in my way, I'm regaining interest. I mean, a whore hunt! How awesome is that!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

Now this part of the day 2 start text makes a lot more sense:

Hermes (Final-Fan) who hadn't completed his task set by Zeus knew he was in trouble, as he exited the bedchamber,

Final-Fan was targetted by the Mafia Prostitute Aphrodite too.

@hatmoza: How did you get Aphrodite's name?

There's something that does add up though, why would the mafia block AND kill Final-Fan?!?

very good question

woah, 52 posts >_>

you would start the day while im away, damn it, lol!

im reading through now, post any thoughts soon.

I think it is extremely risky if we let heph survive.

Other than that, I think ST is a good potential mafia based on this quote above:

"Maybe the mafia didn't kill anyone to shed a bad light on Heph? Seeing as Heph would become a Vigilante, they might as well decided to start a lynch party against him. The mafia wants to trick us into believing Heph has been recruited by them?"

It seems very protective of the SK, when really he isn't of that much value to us. He's only useful if we know who is mafia.

FoS Silver Tiger.

hatmoza said:

I got to admit, after finding the SK, I kinda lost interest in the game. But now that I have another obstacle in my way, I'm regaining interest. I mean, a whore hunt! How awesome is that!

I'm delighted to hear that hatmoza, because the deal is still on: you have until tomorrow to find and convert Kratos the Serial Killer into a Vigilante, or you're off to the gallows.  Quite frankly, your story stunk yesterday, and it stinks even more today, as it requires us to believe that you were told the name of who blocked you AND that one of the Gods is on the side of the mafia (both of whom have been titans so far).

But maybe I'm just being paranoid, and you'll execute your end of the deal tomorrow.  I just want you to know that I haven't forgotten your promise, to remind you that you still haven't performed your end of the deal, and to wish you the best of luck on finding and lynching Aphrodite, the Mafia Roleblocker, today. 

Now, I'm off to lunch!  In 90 degree heat. 

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
hatmoza said:

I'm delighted to hear that hatmoza, because the deal is still on: you have until tomorrow to find and convert Kratos the Serial Killer into a Vigilante, or you're off to the gallows.  Quite frankly, your story stunk yesterday, and it stinks even more today, as it requires us to believe that you were told the name of who blocked you AND that one of the Gods is on the side of the mafia (both of whom have been titans so far).

But maybe I'm just being paranoid, and you'll execute your end of the deal tomorrow.  I just want you to know that I haven't forgotten your promise, to remind you that you still haven't performed your end of the deal, and to wish you the best of luck on finding and lynching Aphrodite, the Mafia Roleblocker, today. 

I agree, but he's athena, right? It would be even weirder to think he's lying... the story is odd, as are other things....but I suggest that we help find the mafia roleblocker ASAP...

Something interesting to relate is that Athena is the daughter of a titan AND zeus, and kratos is a son of zeus too. Anyone think there might be a sibling connection here? Possibly third party? Or would that be too complicated?

theprof00 said:
noname2200 said:
hatmoza said:

I agree, but he's athena, right? It would be even weirder to think he's lying... the story is odd, as are other things....but I suggest that we help find the mafia roleblocker ASAP...

Something interesting to relate is that Athena is the daughter of a titan AND zeus, and kratos is a son of zeus too. Anyone think there might be a sibling connection here? Possibly third party? Or would that be too complicated?

Everybody is greek mythology is somehow related >.> 

Which leads me to the assumption that we're somewhere in rural Georgia. 

Anyhow, sorry I haven't posted much, I won't be online today for a while. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

theprof00 said:

Other than that, I think ST is a good potential mafia based on this quote above:

"Maybe the mafia didn't kill anyone to shed a bad light on Heph? Seeing as Heph would become a Vigilante, they might as well decided to start a lynch party against him. The mafia wants to trick us into believing Heph has been recruited by them?"

It seems very protective of the SK, when really he isn't of that much value to us. He's only useful if we know who is mafia.

FoS Silver Tiger.

He hasn't much value to us?! What role do you consider valubale if you think Vigilante isn't worth much? I just think it would be dump to lynch him now when we know he's pratically on our side. If he kills another townie, we can still get rid of him. We might not even waste a lynch the day we decide to kill him, since we can go for a double lynch if we have another suspect.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:
theprof00 said:

FoS Silver Tiger.

He hasn't much value to us?! What role do you consider valubale if you think Vigilante isn't worth much? I just think it would be dump to lynch him now when we know he's pratically on our side. If he kills another townie, we can still get rid of him. We might not even waste a lynch the day we decide to kill him, since we can go for a double lynch if we have another suspect.

and if hat gets blocked again?

How useful is he to us then?

and if he's a third party? Or a mafia already?

I know everyone says it's unbalanced, but a vigilante that can only kill every other day... are you willing to take the risk that he could kill tonight, and we don't know what side he's on, or even if Hat can complete his mission. Statistically speaking, if Hat doesn't complete by tomorrow, he will most likely be lynched along with Heph costing 2 possible townie losses. 

Maybe you have a better idea? 

Or maybe you want to keep Heph to yourself, eh?

Edit: plus a third if we are wrong about his alignment.

3 possible dead townies.

To me that says threat/

And to me, your post is trying to protect him by making an enemy out of people who see my point.