By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theprof00 said:

I may be killed soon.

So might we all: the point stands.  Give us your top suspect, and let it go from there.

As an aside, I have Squilliam down as being hammered (i.e. he's met the majority of votes requirement).  Am I correct?

Around the Network

Oh, and no it doesn't. Trust me.

Squilliam said:
nen-suer said:
Squilliam said:

I already have admitted my guilt.

What more do you want from me? Secret Mafia communications? Never!

Even mafia protect their own...i respect that

Before you go can you give us your name ?

Epithemius was my name.

One last question if I may:  what was your real role?  Doctor, tracker, etc.?

noname2200 said:
theprof00 said:

I may be killed soon.

So might we all: the point stands.  Give us your top suspect, and let it go from there.

As an aside, I have Squilliam down as being hammered (i.e. he's met the majority of votes requirement).  Am I correct?

looks like it.

Hammered humanely

noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:
nen-suer said:
Squilliam said:

Epithemius was my name.

we will find that tomorrow, i just didn't want to lynch a nameless warrior

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
nen-suer said:

we will find that tomorrow, i just didn't want to lynch a nameless warrior

We would have found that out tomorrow too though.  And it will ease my mind to know now...

Woohoo, we got one!!

Bring on the night-time, it's going to be a blast.

Looks like I'm not going to get an answer.  Ah well, time to start getting ready for tomorrow, in case I don't make it through tonight.

Permit me a second of self-congratulation: my gut was right about both Khuutra and Squilliam, even if I had nothing to do with the former's death, and only a cursory amount to do with the latter. 

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to focus attention on dtewi for a bit.  He's contradicted himself already in this thread: on Day One he wrote that Kratos being the Serial Killer "makes sense," and he tried to defend Khuutra by saying that he (dtewi) would consider Zeus to be the "ultimate baddie" in the series, which I find to be an odd thing to say when the opening text makes it clear that Zeus is the good guy in our game.  He also thought that hatmoza's role claim was pretty genuine, and that he saw no "reason to poke at it": he even FoS'd silver-tiger for daring to question hatmoza.

On Day Two, the contradictions begin.  He was never thinking that Kratos was the Serial Killer: he thought Kratos would be a townie.  Hatmoza was clearly the serial killer.  He became upset when Hephaestos stepped forward and admitted that he (Hephaestos) was indeed Kratos the serial killer.  And, less concretely, he really does seem to bounce from suspect to suspect pretty quickly, and it rarely takes much more than the suspect posting to make him retract his vote.  Query: how many times outside of this thread has dtewi not proven himself to be pretty damned stubborn?

Here's an interesting sentence:  to the best of my knowledge, the town has two ways to kill folks (lynch, Vigilante), while the scum has more.  Yet those numbers are reversed here.

There is some stuff to mitigate this, though, most notably the fact that he got on Squilliam early on and, for the first time this game, stayed on someone for more than a page.*  Of course, that could just be a ploy to gain trust by showing that he lynched a fellow mafioso, but it should be noted nonetheless.  I'm not sure if I'll vote for him early tomorrow, but I would like to hear him explain these contradictions and his skittish behavior.

*Slight exaggeration

noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:
nen-suer said:
Squilliam said:

Epithemius was my name.

Framer.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:
nen-suer said:
Squilliam said:

Epithemius was my name.

Framer.

LIAR