By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

nen-suer said:
theprof00 said:

defense should be incoming

how did you know that?!!!

For the same reason that I know hatmoza has been on almost all day and not said a word. 

I've been rereading pages, squill was online, this would have been his first stop, and it was taking a while, so I assumed it was either rereading all the posts made since he was gone and then defending himself, or just defending himself right out.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Squilliam said:
theprof00 said:
Squilliam said:

-snip-

what's this information you speak of. Is it classified?

What discrepancy did you know? 

Fine! I will say what the information was:

Hatmoza was framed as Mafia.

why would this cause a discrepancy?

Did you frame him?

Who were you tracking?

He was the obvious first choice for investigation. But then the results didn't fit with his actions so I had to be sure, I had to wait. His role claim surprised me, it made me immediately suspicious of who he really was.

Tease.

So Squill just admitted he knows that there's a mafia framer and that hatmoza was targeted?

Erm....

So Squilliam just confessed basically?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Squilliam said:

This is the reason why I briefly targetted Hatmoza because I couldn't be sure from the information I had recieved that the information was indeed correct as it contradicted his role claim.

At this point, I'd like to have an official name and role claim from you.  What information did you get, and why do you now think that information is incorrect?

dtewi said:
Squilliam said:

In my defense:

Obviously a lot of attention has been drawn to me, I don't want to point my finger at someone else and say "lynch him hes Mafia, not me!". Im not going to play that game.

A lot of attention has been drawn to the fact of my noobishness (or claimed to be noobishness). Now I don't believe that proves anything in reality. It doesn't prove that I am Mafia and it doesn't prove that im not Mafia because just as likely anyone in my situation a noob can be picked for Mafia just as easily as a noob can be picked for town.

Why would anyone who was an experienced player pretend to be in a situation like myself when it draws negative attention? That applies to both town and mafia alike. However I did not pretend to be noobish, I really am. I didn't understand the whole night cycle / day cycle thing, I didn't know that the vote can be extended or that a non majority can carry the day for a lynch. Had I known that, I would not have voted for no lynch. I don't believe I should be lynched on this basis.

My whole strategy has been centred around building trust. I have tried to build trust between the players. How can anyone call this a Mafia strategy? Why would anyone who is in the Mafia try to build trust and accord when the Mafia excel with discord and factionalisation? As a new player (which I really am) why would I work against the Mafia's objectives by following this strategy? It doesn't follow any of the Yomi levels written above. As a new player I felt it was my best bet to establish this trust because I rely on some of the more experienced players that once they are found to be trust-worthy I can work with them. Thats the reason why I haven't been focusing on lynching anyone in particular, just establishing trust. This is the reason why I briefly targetted Hatmoza because I couldn't be sure from the information I had recieved that the information was indeed correct as it contradicted his role claim.

Im relying on some of the more experienced people, people whom I trust now and I will follow them if they believe a certain individual is untrustworthy. I cannot and will not go alone because I am oblvious to much of the subtlety in this game.

You're not a noob. You were pretending to be one. I don't see how you can argue that point.

Scum don't just try to spread distrust among the town, they try to blend in as perfectly as possible, spreading trust as well. Although trust can be, if not more, as dangerous as distrust in this game. 

The mafia's objective is not to spread trust or distrust. It's to kill anyone whose a threat to them. So any actions that are taken to heighten trust or distrust are not the best indicators of scumminess.

You're feigning ignorance about having a night action, which is scummy beyond belief. That's why we're lynching you.

And by suspecting people randomly, you think that establishes trust?

I wasn't pretending. You try playing a Mafia game 1 and then not play for the intervening 17 games. I admitted I did have a night action which I was confused about. Further compounding this, I didn't understand the whole God/Titan thing going on as I never played God of War.

Who have I suspected randomly? I haven't implicated anyone except for Hatmoza for reasons listed above.

Tease.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:

This is the reason why I briefly targetted Hatmoza because I couldn't be sure from the information I had recieved that the information was indeed correct as it contradicted his role claim.

At this point, I'd like to have an official name and role claim from you.  What information did you get, and why do you now think that information is incorrect?

What do you mean? Official name? Is that the god of war thing?

The information I got was: Hatmoza is a member of the Mafia.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

What do you mean? Official name? Is that the god of war thing?

The information I got was: Hatmoza is a member of the Mafia.

What God of War character are you, and what role did your PM said you had?

Squilliam said:
dtewi said:
Squilliam said:

In my defense:

Obviously a lot of attention has been drawn to me, I don't want to point my finger at someone else and say "lynch him hes Mafia, not me!". Im not going to play that game.

A lot of attention has been drawn to the fact of my noobishness (or claimed to be noobishness). Now I don't believe that proves anything in reality. It doesn't prove that I am Mafia and it doesn't prove that im not Mafia because just as likely anyone in my situation a noob can be picked for Mafia just as easily as a noob can be picked for town.

Why would anyone who was an experienced player pretend to be in a situation like myself when it draws negative attention? That applies to both town and mafia alike. However I did not pretend to be noobish, I really am. I didn't understand the whole night cycle / day cycle thing, I didn't know that the vote can be extended or that a non majority can carry the day for a lynch. Had I known that, I would not have voted for no lynch. I don't believe I should be lynched on this basis.

My whole strategy has been centred around building trust. I have tried to build trust between the players. How can anyone call this a Mafia strategy? Why would anyone who is in the Mafia try to build trust and accord when the Mafia excel with discord and factionalisation? As a new player (which I really am) why would I work against the Mafia's objectives by following this strategy? It doesn't follow any of the Yomi levels written above. As a new player I felt it was my best bet to establish this trust because I rely on some of the more experienced players that once they are found to be trust-worthy I can work with them. Thats the reason why I haven't been focusing on lynching anyone in particular, just establishing trust. This is the reason why I briefly targetted Hatmoza because I couldn't be sure from the information I had recieved that the information was indeed correct as it contradicted his role claim.

Im relying on some of the more experienced people, people whom I trust now and I will follow them if they believe a certain individual is untrustworthy. I cannot and will not go alone because I am oblvious to much of the subtlety in this game.

You're not a noob. You were pretending to be one. I don't see how you can argue that point.

Scum don't just try to spread distrust among the town, they try to blend in as perfectly as possible, spreading trust as well. Although trust can be, if not more, as dangerous as distrust in this game. 

The mafia's objective is not to spread trust or distrust. It's to kill anyone whose a threat to them. So any actions that are taken to heighten trust or distrust are not the best indicators of scumminess.

You're feigning ignorance about having a night action, which is scummy beyond belief. That's why we're lynching you.

And by suspecting people randomly, you think that establishes trust?

I wasn't pretending. You try playing a Mafia game 1 and then not play for the intervening 17 games. I admitted I did have a night action which I was confused about. Further compounding this, I didn't understand the whole God/Titan thing going on as I never played God of War.

Who have I suspected randomly? I haven't implicated anyone except for Hatmoza for reasons listed above.

"This is the reason I haven't been focusing on lynching anyone in particular"

I took that to meant you were focusing on many people.

And someone who's played even one game would know what happens at night.

But now that you've confessed to being scum, this whole argument is useless.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Squilliam said:
theprof00 said:
Squilliam said:
theprof00 said:
Squilliam said:

-snip-

Did you frame him?

Who were you tracking?

He was the obvious first choice for investigation. But then the results didn't fit with his actions so I had to be sure, I had to wait. His role claim surprised me, it made me immediately suspicious of who he really was.

Are you role claiming a cop? coze that sucks if true

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
Squilliam said:
theprof00 said:
Squilliam said:
theprof00 said:
Squilliam said:

-snip-

Did you frame him?

Who were you tracking?

Are you role claiming a cop? coze that sucks if true

But he also said that he knew hatmoza was framed. How could he know that if he's a cop?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you