By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

I've asked GoW3 to clear matters up.

If he says that it's not true, I'll drop the subject.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
nen-suer said:

My head hurts..

anyways lets wait for squll defense and should probably think of another peson to lynch just in case

squll defense was very convincing (we're running out of time)

he could've been taking the high ground.

dtewi said:
nen-suer said:

My head hurts..

anyways lets wait for squll defense and should probably think of another peson to lynch just in case

That he just "forgot"?

Brilliant defense.

maybe we will role calim King of Olympus, am not lynching Zeus

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

noname2200 said:
dtewi said:

Squilliam got like 6 votes after he left.

Did that happen to RCT? Was he in clear danger of being lynched when he left or not?

And honestly, why would I try to lie about this? GoW3 would not have Squill killed before putting up his defense.

RCT didn't even show up that day, and he still got hammered, notwithstanding retracted votes: as soon as the mod came back, the day ended.  I'm pretty sure you're wrong on this, since this is the first time I've ever heard this mentioned, and a rule that's kept secret from the players  is completely asinine.

I don't know how the mod from last game handled the game.

The mods in the games I played let a player defend himself.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

nen-suer said:
dtewi said:
nen-suer said:

My head hurts..

That he just "forgot"?

Brilliant defense.

He's not zeus.

Around the Network

defense should be incoming

dtewi said:

I've asked GoW3 to clear matters up.

If he says that it's not true, I'll drop the subject.

Then I guess we'll see what he has to say, won't we?!

*Thunderbolt*

theprof00 said:
nen-suer said:

He's not zeus.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

In my defense:

Obviously a lot of attention has been drawn to me, I don't want to point my finger at someone else and say "lynch him hes Mafia, not me!". Im not going to play that game.

A lot of attention has been drawn to the fact of my noobishness (or claimed to be noobishness). Now I don't believe that proves anything in reality. It doesn't prove that I am Mafia and it doesn't prove that im not Mafia because just as likely anyone in my situation a noob can be picked for Mafia just as easily as a noob can be picked for town.

Why would anyone who was an experienced player pretend to be in a situation like myself when it draws negative attention? That applies to both town and mafia alike. However I did not pretend to be noobish, I really am. I didn't understand the whole night cycle / day cycle thing, I didn't know that the vote can be extended or that a non majority can carry the day for a lynch. Had I known that, I would not have voted for no lynch. I don't believe I should be lynched on this basis.

My whole strategy has been centred around building trust. I have tried to build trust between the players. How can anyone call this a Mafia strategy? Why would anyone who is in the Mafia try to build trust and accord when the Mafia excel with discord and factionalisation? As a new player (which I really am) why would I work against the Mafia's objectives by following this strategy? It doesn't follow any of the Yomi levels written above. As a new player I felt it was my best bet to establish this trust because I rely on some of the more experienced players that once they are found to be trust-worthy I can work with them. Thats the reason why I haven't been focusing on lynching anyone in particular, just establishing trust. This is the reason why I briefly targetted Hatmoza because I couldn't be sure from the information I had recieved that the information was indeed correct as it contradicted his role claim.

Im relying on some of the more experienced people, people whom I trust now and I will follow them if they believe a certain individual is untrustworthy. I cannot and will not go alone because I am oblvious to much of the subtlety in this game.

Tease.

nen-suer said:
theprof00 said:
nen-suer said:

He's not zeus.

laugh out loud