By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

dtewi said:
theprof00 said:
dtewi said:

It's not in the rules, it's sort of unspoken.

Do you honestly think that any mod would let someone be lynched without letting them have a proper defense? Of course not.

And would you really think I'd be so underhanded to convince the town to kill someone without letting them have a defense?

that would be like an open admission of guilt, and even if we incorrectly lynched squill, we would have gotten dtewi, which, given the ratio, would put us at an advantage.

Did you quote the wrong post?

I was talking about "so underhanded to convince the town...."

It would be pretty much a blatant admission of guilt.

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
dtewi said:
nen-suer said:

what? seriously?...i didn't know that :O

i didn't read the rules in the OP because i thought copied them from other thread like we always do >_<

It's not in the rules, it's sort of unspoken.

Do you honestly think that any mod would let someone be lynched without letting them have a proper defense? Of course not.

And would you really think I'd be so underhanded to convince the town to kill someone without letting them have a defense?

non of the game i played had this rule (am pretty sure)

alot of times we lynched players early in days before they got a chance to post

And are you telling me if Squll decided to not to post he will escape being lynched o_0

No, no, just that he gets a chance to defend himself before he gets lynched.

Looked, in the games I played, players could defend themselves up to getting lynch. I distinctly remember WoW allowing a player to defend himself even though he had gotten the majority.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
noname2200 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3590920

Where on Earth did dtewi get this idea from? o_O

Didn't I mention it wasn't a written rule?

GoW3 won't kill Squill before he can defend himself...

Take a gander at the last round, when we lynched RTCJunkie.  It's not a rule, official or not; I've never even heard it whispered.

edit to my post:

which I don't think you would do.

My head hurts..

anyways lets wait for squll defense and should probably think of another peson to lynch just in case

squll defense was very convincing (we're running out of time)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
dtewi said:
noname2200 said:

Take a gander at the last round, when we lynched RTCJunkie.  It's not a rule, official or not; I've never even heard it whispered.

Squilliam got like 6 votes after he left.

Did that happen to RCT? Was he in clear danger of being lynched when he left or not?

And honestly, why would I try to lie about this? GoW3 would not have Squill killed before putting up his defense.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

noname2200 said:
dtewi said:
noname2200 said:

Keep in mind that this does not vindicate squilliam in any way, shape, or form. dtewi might have just made a mistake, which is the reason why I unvoted. Those 3 blank slots are important to see who puts in the final ones.

I've been thinking for a while that the 7th 8th and 9th votes would be the mafia ones if squill was innocent, so let's just wait and see.

nen-suer said:

My head hurts..

anyways lets wait for squll defense and should probably think of another peson to lynch just in case

squll defense was very convincing (we're running out of time)

That he just "forgot"?

Brilliant defense.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

noname2200 said:
dtewi said:
noname2200 said:

Because it doesn't exist.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

dtewi said:

Squilliam got like 6 votes after he left.

Did that happen to RCT? Was he in clear danger of being lynched when he left or not?

And honestly, why would I try to lie about this? GoW3 would not have Squill killed before putting up his defense.

RCT didn't even show up that day, and he still got hammered, notwithstanding retracted votes: as soon as the mod came back, the day ended.  I'm pretty sure you're wrong on this, since this is the first time I've ever heard this mentioned, and a rule that's kept secret from the players  is completely asinine.