By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

c03n3nj0 said:

Anyhow, now that we seem to have extended the day, let's see what we have:

Squilliam is pretty much at the verge of getting lynched. I think it's perfectly safe to call this a bandwagon, as both TruckOSaurus and ScifiBoy voted for the same reasons Nikells and theprof stated a few posts before. 

We should give Squilliam the chance to show up. Wanting to lynch him quickly just looks scummy.

I'm pretty sure you're not mafia, but keep in mind that you are spreading suspicion by targeting others at this time of a possible mafia-lynch.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Squilliam is pretty much at the verge of getting lynched. I think it's perfectly safe to call this a bandwagon, as both TruckOSaurus and ScifiBoy voted for the same reasons Nikells and theprof stated a few posts before. 

We should give Squilliam the chance to show up. Wanting to lynch him quickly just looks scummy.

I'm pretty sure you're not mafia, but keep in mind that you are spreading suspicion by targeting others at this time of a possible mafia-lynch.

It never hurts to target others. 

See,  unless you're 100% sure Squilliam is mafia (which you can never be) it's a safe bet to assume mafia will want to bandwagon, especially if the lynchee is not mafia. It also doesn't help* when you keep spouting out that people who vote for one person aren't mafia (as in, they're not spreading votes).

Anyhow, SciFiboy is still on my radar for his defensiveness. Plus, he made a very quick vote. 

*edit - I switched the second "Especially." I hate repeating words. It sounded weird. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

See,  unless you're 100% sure Squilliam is mafia (which you can never be) it's a safe bet to assume mafia will want to bandwagon, especially if the lynchee is not mafia. Especially when you keep spouting out that people who vote for one person aren't mafia (as in, they're not spreading votes) 

Anyhow, SciFiboy is still on my radar for his defensiveness. Plus, he made a very quick vote. 

I'll address this later.

Nikells said:
theprof00 said:

Potential targets of investigation should be the overlap in lists that myself and nikells compiled. sm128, therepublic, dtewi. If you have a power to read one of them or follow them, do it.

Dtewi wasn't on my list: he's being far from inconspicuous and doesn't fit the profile.

dtewi is being targeted by 4-5 people atm. I'm curious to know why.

c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

See,  unless you're 100% sure Squilliam is mafia (which you can never be) it's a safe bet to assume mafia will want to bandwagon, especially if the lynchee is not mafia. Especially when you keep spouting out that people who vote for one person aren't mafia (as in, they're not spreading votes) 

I pressured Squilliam to post ages ago, he did, but didnt do anything with it to change my suspcions of him

im really suspicious of people who ignore stuff to try and focus suspicion on others, imo thats mafia 101.

im always defensive in mafia games, its just how I play, you should know that j0, ive played mafia with you more than most other players...

im more than happy to let Squiliam defend himself, atm he has plenty of time before the deadline to post his defence.

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

See,  unless you're 100% sure Squilliam is mafia (which you can never be) it's a safe bet to assume mafia will want to bandwagon, especially if the lynchee is not mafia. It also doesn't help* when you keep spouting out that people who vote for one person aren't mafia (as in, they're not spreading votes).

*edit - I switched the second "Especially." I hate repeating words. It sounded weird. 

I'll verify that your edit didn't change any content.

Apparently, "don't edit" has become a suggestion rather than a rule, 18-point font from the mod be damned.

theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

I'll verify that your edit didn't change any content.

I have an unholy obsession with grammar.  

I wrote "no0t" by accident earlier, and it took great effort for me not to go back and fix it. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

noname2200 said:

Apparently, "don't edit" has become a suggestion rather than a rule, 18-point font from the mod be damned.

so true, I dont edit out mistakes, its such an easy rule to follow, or at least, you would think it is.

noname2200 said:

I think it's become acceptable if you make it perfectly clear what you edited. 

GoW3's huge font was because of Kantor stealth editing. But I'll stop now. :/