By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 1-4 has outsold the entire Halo series!!!!

BMaker11 said:
tuscaniman said:
FootballFan said:

Yawn. We know GT has been bigger than Halo for a long time.

GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it.

GT3 on PS2 = butt rape on your attach ratios

Wasn't that bundled with every ps2 at some time?

Around the Network
DukeOfLuxembourg said:

i think it's time for some people to wake up and realise that Reach don't gonna outsell GT5 (even not in your dreams).

Lol what?  learn how to type english.

OT no Halo Reach will easily outsell GT5 unless GT5 is bundled with every PS3 for about half a year (and Halo Reach doesn't have any bundles)

Antabus said:
BMaker11 said:
tuscaniman said:
FootballFan said:

Yawn. We know GT has been bigger than Halo for a long time.

GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it.

GT3 on PS2 = butt rape on your attach ratios

Wasn't that bundled with every ps2 at some time?

Yeah it was very heavily bundled in America.

yo_john117 said:
DukeOfLuxembourg said:

i think it's time for some people to wake up and realise that Reach don't gonna outsell GT5 (even not in your dreams).

OT no Halo Reach will easily outsell GT5 unless GT5 is bundled with every PS3 for about half a year (and Halo Reach doesn't have any bundles)

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:
yo_john117 said:
DukeOfLuxembourg said:

Lol yeah I know about that bundle...I was just saying what would be needed for GT5 to outsell Halo Reach.

Around the Network

This userbase argument sucks balls. MGS4 is nearing 5 million, more than MGS3

Good of War 3 might become the best selling GoW ever.

DukeOfLuxembourg said:

Bet?

I bet Halo Reach will have higher sales according to VGC. February 1st would be a deadline.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

First this has been brought up before twice but I'm not going to dig through old posts.

Second we have no idea how GT5 will do vs Halo Reach. Remember the 360 has a larger install base now then it did with Halo 3. Halo ODST was marketed as a non-main title for the Halo series and was strictly single player outside of co-op and firefight, both of which you had to invite your friends - there was no online bungie structure, the whole game felt wierd in general.

It's just that simple.

Zedex said:

Gran Turismo -  10.85million                                                           Halo: 6.43million

Gran Turismo 2- 9.37million                                                            Halo 2: 8.43million

Gran Turismo 3:A- Spec - 14.89million                                          Halo 3: 11.10million

Gran Turismo 4 - 10.55million                                                         Halo3: ODST: 5.51million

Halo Wars: 1.90million

Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack: 0.68million

Total: 45.66million                                                                             Total: 34.05million

Now, taking that into consideration do you think Halo Reach will outsell Gran Turismo 5?

Just to be Completely Honest GT 1-4 were basically Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3 in comparison...

To the core group of fans, Halo Wars is not "Halo" its a electronic board game like command and conquer with only difference being the board pieces are halo characters instead of knights.. etc..   Also same ODST, ODST was a standalone thing many Core Halo fans didnt go for.. they put a regular human being ( Regular Army ) versus what fans like about Halo most playing a Spartan ( Super Human aka Special forces )..

So Halo, 1st gen, not many sales considering Xbox 1 was short lived and didnt sell many, Halo 2 could be played on Xbox1 or Xbox 360 and I bought Halo 2 when I got my 360, Halo 3 - by this time many more Xbox's on the scene which obviosuly helps sales.... and finally  Halo Wars & Halo ODST not really accepted by most fans, although in their own right they may be good games.

its a complete toss up IMO i dont think halo reach will sale as much as halo 3 based on competition form COD and MOH ect..

im a complete newb when it comes to GT sales but the ps3 doesnt have the dominance of the ps2 had and most people probably got there fix with forza 3 but GT5 has an advantage of having very little competition around its release