By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - *Devil May Cry Franchise?*

I am a big fan of the Resident Evil franchise and I am wondering if Capcom had another amazing franchise and I found Devil May Cry. I read that Devil May Cry was made to be R.E.4 until it was changed so I was wondering if its still in anyway like Resident Evil? I looked on GameStop and found out that I can buy all 4 games on the P.S.2 and P.S.3 for about $45. Is it worth it? Will I like it? By the way If you were wondering yes I am a Nintendo fan but also like Resident Evil and mainly had Sony consoles for R.E.

Around the Network

That price is a steal...and you do know DMC is a beast of a game but of a different genre right? It's more hack/slash adventure type game set in a demon infested world setting

and mind you DMC3 will kick your ass unless you but the special edition of it, the original was HARD!!!!!

but yea DMC is BEAST!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

DMC 1 and 3 - must play for the time

DMC 4 - short filler title which you should give a spin if you have nothing else to play that weekend

DMC 2 - compelte crap

First and 3rd are pretty good games even today...but if you'd played bayonetta, expect them to feel a little dated.

*Sound Of Rain said:

I am a big fan of the Resident Evil franchise and I am wondering if Capcom had another amazing franchise and I found Devil May Cry. I read that Devil May Cry was made to be R.E.4 until it was changed so I was wondering if its still in anyway like Resident Evil? I looked on GameStop and found out that I can buy all 4 games on the P.S.2 and P.S.3 for about $45. Is it worth it? Will I like it? By the way If you were wondering yes I am a Nintendo fan but also like Resident Evil and mainly had Sony consoles for R.E.

Capcom no longer has Shinji Mikami or Hideki Kamiya. They both work for Platinum games whom is published by Sega. Shinji Mikami and Hideki both made DMC and now Hideki made Bayonetta after he left Capcom. Mikami is making the new Vanquish game for Sega as well...so if you want quality Capcom-esque titles...look no further than sega. As for the older games, I would say take the deal. The RE series is great, but without Shinji Mikami directing it, the series has gone down hill. After you finish the old Resident Evil and DMC games, take a look at Platinum games offerngs with Shinji and Hideki. DMC is going to be taken over by Ninja Theory and RE has new directors, so the quality wont be there anymore.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Capcom no longer has Shinji Mikami or Hideki Kamiya. They both work for Platinum games whom is published by Sega. Shinji Mikami and Hideki both made DMC and now Hideki made Bayonetta after he left Capcom. Mikami is making the new Vanquish game for Sega as well...so if you want quality Capcom-esque titles...look no further than sega. As for the older games, I would say take the deal. The RE series is great, but without Shinji Mikami directing it, the series has gone down hill. After you finish the old Resident Evil and DMC games, take a look at Platinum games offerngs with Shinji and Hideki. DMC is going to be taken over by Ninja Theory and RE has new directors, so the quality wont be there anymore.

Who made R.E 1,2,and 3 and who made 4, and 5? Are they different people? The 1st 3 R.E's are in my opinion some of the best games of all time while 4 and 5 were just ok so are they made by different people? Also did the people who made the 1st 3 the ones who left? if so where did they go?

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:

Who made R.E 1,2,and 3 and who made 4, and 5? Are they different people? The 1st 3 R.E's are in my opinion some of the best games of all time while 4 and 5 were just ok so are they made by different people? Also did the people who made the 1st 3 the ones who left? if so where did they go?

I'll let STAGE answer this since you asked him...but its really hard to believe who made what. :)

RE4 and RE5 are so similar yet...

While RE1 and RE4 are so different but...

*Sound Of Rain said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Shinji Mikami created the RE franchise. Part 5 was dealt with by other people because Mikami left. Mikami's last RE game was part four. Mikami made the first and was a producer on the third. Mikami works for platinum games as I said before, and he is behind the new hot title Vanquish.

disolitude said:

DMC 4 - short filler title which you should give a spin if you have nothing else to play that weekend

DMC 2 - compelte crap

First and 3rd are pretty good games even today...but if you'd played bayonetta, expect them to feel a little dated.

Read my mind except the bolded part, since its a game I have no experience with except the underwhelming demo. (planning to get it though)

DMC3 is the pinnacle of Japanese slashers.... see what I did there ?

GodOfWar_3ever said:
disolitude said:

DMC 2 - compelte crap

Read my mind except the bolded part, since its a game I have no experience with except the underwhelming demo. (planning to get it though)

lol...but God of War is... :)

disolitude said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
disolitude said:

DMC 2 - compelte crap

lol...but God of War is... :)

One thing that would weird the shit out of me is a Japanese take on Kratos...lol