By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - When will Soriku's post count overtake PS3?

The broad, casual appeal of Soriku's posts is going to kill VGChartz. In a couple years, we'll all be looking for other posts and all we'll see are more cheap Soriku posts.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Overall, I blame SorikuFit.

Concerning the opening post, PS3 sales increase due to school holidays in Japan might outweigh the increased post production of Soriku in the US. I think the deciding factor will be if Soriku gets more reads from Europe than PS3 sales in the same region, hence upping his production even more. Taking into account Europes liking of brain age and related intelligent games for DS, they will flock to Sorikus posts and hence Soriku will definitely overtake PS3 summer 2009.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Freestyler said:
any holiday predictions? how many should we expect from each?

Last week the PS3 sold 338,676 consoles.  Soriku posted 539 times in the same time period. On average, Soriku posted once for every 628 PS3s sold worldwide.

With pretty much 4 weeks left of the year, I think we can expect both of these to go up,   PS3 could pull another 2 million sales over the next four weeks, and end up with just under 9 million consoles sold. Soriku, on the other hand, will probably post about 2,750 times, and end the year with 9,500 posts.

At this rate, extrapolating, Soriku will catch PS3 about 20 weeks ago, or the week of the 14th of July, 2007. Using a more accurate extrapolation, taking past sales into account, Soriku will catch the PS3 November 11, 2006.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
Freestyler said:
any holiday predictions? how many should we expect from each?

Last week the PS3 sold 338,676 consoles. Soriku posted 539 times in the same time period. On average, Soriku posted once for every 628 PS3s sold worldwide.

With pretty much 4 weeks left of the year, I think we can expect both of these to go up, PS3 could pull another 2 million sales over the next four weeks, and end up with just under 9 million consoles sold. Soriku, on the other hand, will probably post about 2,750 times, and end the year with 9,500 posts.

At this rate, extrapolating, Soriku will catch PS3 about 20 weeks ago, or the week of the 14th of July, 2007. Using a more accurate extrapolation, taking past sales into account, Soriku will catch the PS3 November 11, 2006.

Quite good analysis. However, I think you are greatly underestimating the pipeline of shovelposts that clearly is lining up for Soriku and which will hit the forums within the next 2-3 weeks. Therefore, my prediction is that the ratio will go under 500 PS3s sold per post, hence shortening the time frame to catch up. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Whew, 6 million posts? I'd say anytime after next week is possible...

Around the Network

I dont get how you people could be up at mid night on the computer.

mM
leo-j said:
I dont get how you people could be up at mid night on the computer.

its far from midnight where i live.

I'm really fascinated how soriku could get the lead although benkenobi had a 6 month headstart! But as people said, leo-j has a ten year plan and does not need high post counts now, his posts will pick up once the soriku fad will be over. Leo-j domination starts five years from now.

But actually I believe Soriku's dominance could bring the end of VGChartz as we know it!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

yes, my BenKenobi already BenKenobid himself once, but then I got a replacement which holds up quite well to this day.

Overall, I enjoy BenKenobi posts with their multi-player approach and really like the future readiness of Leo-Js posts. Overall though, Sorikus' are the most fun.

I have a huge advantage at this point, the boy is sleeping hahahahaha!!!

mM