By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ARE vaio's good?

thinking about buying this beAuty for normal tasks. nothing heAVY DUTY.

PROBABLY NOT GREat speCS FOR THE price, BUT LOOKS HAVE a price.

so arE theY GOOD LAPTOPS?

BY THE way i spilt leMONADE on the KEyboard of this teRRiBLE laptop and preSSiNG 'E' also seLEcts cap locks so im not writing stupid on purpose. 

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/vn-e-series/vpceb2m0e-t

Around the Network

I have an E series VIAO I bought similar to this one two weeks ago. Got it for school mostly, nothing extreme. So far it's been good to me but I did have to issues:

1) Coming out of Hibernation, I had some weird lines on my screen that wouldn't go away without a restart. This would happen 4/5 times I use hibernation. After a windows update though, Never had it again. Something must have been outdated, (even though I got the thing two weeks ago...) or corrupted that thew window's update overwrote.

2) My WiFi would drop and my computer wouldn't detect mine or any other wifi hotspot around. Or even my PS3 that I leave on with remote start enabled. Turns out this was an outdated driver, fixed this just today with the help of SONY customer service.

I find it weird that on a brand new VAIO I had two issue that could be the fault of "Old unreliable software"... but other than that, it's been pretty sweet. Does everything I need it to do. Also, very stylish. 

It's good but nothing I'd consider buying. My brother has a Vaio and it's all good but I personally hate the Vaio keyboards. They're so uncomfortable and cannot type as fast when using HP laptops.

they are good, nice and sleek design with good construction, since its made by sony, ur gonna pay more bcus its a premium brand (kinda like apple) so if u wanna save, i would recommend asus or toshiba, the next best 2 alternatives.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

forget about that one get the AW model

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

they are top notch but their price is top notch too

I have a vaio z it's probly the best laptop out there, but it was damn expensive. Vaios are really good if you are buying the ones made in japan, they have other vaios made in china and those are nowhere near as good in quality nor design.

mid/top vaio are good, especially vaio z (prolly pc laptop of the year)

cheap vaio are mediocre

I just got a Sony F series and it just brilliant. It looks like it has the same keyboard as mine, which is the best keyboard that I have ever used. Mine is certainly very well spaced and feels brilliant. Great quality screen and good value for money. I would strongly reccomend one to you

If you don't want to play games, that's fine.

If you do, you need one with a discrete graphics card, preferably Radeon HD4600/5700 or Geforce 9600M and up.