By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Chicken Shoot: Worst Game on the Wii

What about Cruis'n from Midway?

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
you, my friend, have not played ninja bread man.

Stop dissin' the 'Ninj'!

I predict it's sequal will be bigger than Halo 3!

I'm sure chicken shoot is a blast if you are 6 years old.

Well, Chicken Shoot is the worst Wii game, with a minimum of 5 reviews. Any lower than 5 reviews, and the score isn't really refined.

takkxyz said:

Actually a lot of people on GameFAQs actually seem to generally enjoy it. How bout this?

IGN gave it a 2.4, Gamespot gave it a 5. =P

I was actually considering this. (30$, and my moms wants a Pool game to play with) IGN's review pretty much stressed the mini-game in Wii Play beats it hands down. (Sadly Twilight Princess is also the best Wii Fishing game as well according to them.) Also, I looked at other games made by South Peak on Amazon. Pretty much all of them had terrible customer reviews. SouthPeak also made Two Worlds. =P

Also, could they have a worse title and cover art? When I googled Pool Party to get that image I saw what I orginally 
thought that title meant before seeing the cover. XD 

BrainBoxLtd said:
takkxyz said:

Actually a lot of people on GameFAQs actually seem to generally enjoy it. How bout this?

IGN gave it a 2.4, Gamespot gave it a 5. =P

Also, could they have a worse title and cover art? When I googled Pool Party to get that image I saw what I orginally
thought that title meant before seeing the cover. XD

What is hysterical about that cover art is that few people, if any, that are actually skilled at pool would bridge the cue over their knuckles without their pointer finger over the top of the cue to steady it. It's virtually impossible to shoot consistently holding the cue the way numb nuts on the box art above is.

Around the Network

How about Alvin and the Chipmunks? IGN gave it a score of 1.7!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Alvin and the Chipmunks? No way! That beats Super Mario Galaxy...

Wait... There's an Alvin and the Chipmunks game for the Wii?

I've played ChickenShoot through Gamefly. It's bland a pointless. So glad I didn't buy it.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

The fact that you actually rented it is scary enough.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I had no idea what the game was, it was in the middle of the drought known as "The year minus Nov-Dec", and it showed up as available on the GF list.

I didn't pay for anything past the flat rate fee so I didn't spend any money specifically on it.

I also rented Pool Party, which had pretty decent pool physics and gameplay but a really bad interface. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks