By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you honestly believe Obama has a chance in 2012?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
TheRealMafoo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:

Has not changed my vote and I still have a very, very, very bitter taste in my mouth from the Bush era. So hell no he should be fine. I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one. Also the youth vote leans towards liberals and the aged voters who favor conservatives keep dying more and more each year.

dito. i'm on board with this

Young people 30 years ago were all liberals too. Now they are 50 and understand the world better, and realize they were wrong.

Every year new conservative are born... just 30-40 years after they were really born.

yea thats nice. remember republicans put us into this mess and Obama is doing nothing more then getting us out. 8 yr's of failure from the Republicans to catch the problem and now people want back in and miracles? you want them, the ones that spun the the words and created lies trying to manipulate the american public into believing for one that Obama's not a citizen of the country he was born in. they wouldn't have let him run if he wasn't. we all know the Govinator can't run so how would Obama slip through the cracks? 

are you kidding me? the world is already going to hell, and now people want the party that couldn't run the country when they had the power to drag us down again. simply unacceptable.

i will Reach really really far out and say that Micheal Steele head of the RNC is the ANTICHRIST and the Republicans are nothing more the HITLERS SPAWN.  

i'm actually scared of a group of people that want to be in control as much as Republicans do. when someone wants power that bad be prepared for the worse if Republicans get back in office. 

this is the sign of the end of days, 2012 is Armageddon the Apocalypse if Republicans get back in office.

Wow, come down. 

The Hitler spawn comment is funny, being Micheal Steele is black. Also, your talking to a Jew. I don't practice, but to Hitler, I doubt that would matter. I think I know Hitler Spawn when I see it.

Anyway, I can tell from the Obama mantra at the first part of your post, that your a die hard liberal, and you will vote fro Obama no matter what he does. Fine. There are a group of people who will vote for the republican candidate no matter who he is.

Neither of you are going to put a president in office, it's the other 30% who actually care what he is going to do, and how he is going to do it that will. Obama won these people over in 2008. Today almost none of them would vote for him, and I don't see what can change that.

He will not win.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
TheRealMafoo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:

Has not changed my vote and I still have a very, very, very bitter taste in my mouth from the Bush era. So hell no he should be fine. I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one. Also the youth vote leans towards liberals and the aged voters who favor conservatives keep dying more and more each year.

Young people 30 years ago were all liberals too. Now they are 50 and understand the world better, and realize they were wrong.

Every year new conservative are born... just 30-40 years after they were really born.

yea thats nice. remember republicans put us into this mess and Obama is doing nothing more then getting us out. 8 yr's of failure from the Republicans to catch the problem and now people want back in and miracles? you want them, the ones that spun the the words and created lies trying to manipulate the american public into believing for one that Obama's not a citizen of the country he was born in. they wouldn't have let him run if he wasn't. we all know the Govinator can't run so how would Obama slip through the cracks? 

are you kidding me? the world is already going to hell, and now people want the party that couldn't run the country when they had the power to drag us down again. simply unacceptable.

i will Reach really really far out and say that Micheal Steele head of the RNC is the ANTICHRIST and the Republicans are nothing more the HITLERS SPAWN.  

i'm actually scared of a group of people that want to be in control as much as Republicans do. when someone wants power that bad be prepared for the worse if Republicans get back in office. 

this is the sign of the end of days, 2012 is Armageddon the Apocalypse if Republicans get back in office.

Wow, come down. 

The Hitler spawn comment is funny, being Micheal Steele is black. Also, your talking to a Jew. I don't practice, but to Hitler, I doubt that would matter. I think I know Hitler Spawn when I see it.

Anyway, I can tell from the Obama mantra at the first part of your post, that your a die hard liberal, and you will vote fro Obama no matter what he does. Fine. There are a group of people who will vote for the republican candidate no matter who he is.

Neither of you are going to put a president in office, it's the other 30% who actually care what he is going to do, and how he is going to do it that will. Obama won these people over in 2008. Today almost none of them would vote for him, and I don't see what can change that.

He will not win.

ain't that the truth. Obama fanatics are just as bad as the Bush fanatics were.

thranx said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Seece said:

Can someone sum up why Obama's approval rate is so low?

Sure. I will give you a bullet list:

• Healthcare: Now that it's passed and people have had time to see what it is, and how it will effect there lives, they don't like it. It's not what they told us it would be.
  • Economy: The recovery is slow, and people are starting to realize it's slow due to his policies, and not Bush's. The Bush era got us into this mess, Obama is keeping us here. He keeps telling us giving away money and buying corporations will fix the problem, so he keeps doing it, and it keeps failing.
  • Ineffective government: His party owns everything, yet they have a hard time getting anything done that doesn't take massive effort. Even when they get things passed, like healthcare, it's a fiasco.
  • The blame game: Obama really only won for one reason. He's not Bush. He won by blaming Bush for everything. He is still trying to do that, but it's far less effective.
  • BP Oil spill: He did far less then he should have, and it hurt him in two ways. One is it shows he doesn't really connect well with Americans when a crisis happens. He also didn't seem to care much. I am sure he did care, he just did a poor job of showing it. Second, when you are so ineffective, it makes it hard to do the blame game. It's easy to use Katrina as an example of why Bush was an idiot. When your response to something is just as bad, it shows the people that big government just doesn't work, and it has less to do with Bush or Obama. You lose the ability to blame, and when that's your one trick, it sucks.
  • No wins: At this point, and it's been two years with complete control of Washington, he should have something to look at and say "But I accomplished XYZ". There is no "XYZ" for Obama.
  • The Wars: Meet the new guy. He is same as the old guy. Obama is Bush with respect to the war effort. That doesn't help
There are other things, Cap and Trade, Gitmo, etc, but those are the major points that are hurting him.
I have no idea how he gets elected next term. Only thing that can save him, is if Republicans take over Congress, and he then has someone to blame again for the failings of Washington.

1. wrong: hasn't completely taken effect yet.

He didn't say it did. Nice try to avoid the point, but it was that now that people have ahd a chance to digest whats coming with it they are not happy, have you looked at it?

2. unproven: yes Bush got us here and Obama can only do what he an to get things done. bailing out the auto industry just might have save us.

Unproven also. but my for most people I think they are feeling you really can't just spend your way out of our problems which is what Obama (or congress) seem to be doing. But i does look like the economy isn't really getting better yet. No one I know of has any confidence in it atleast.

3.the party of no: somethings take more then filibusterer to get done. with the Republicans  blocking  everything how can you get things done. everything Bush was wrong and they supported him why not Obama when he's trying to do right.

They have more control than the repubs did in their reign and can't get anyhting done. That is a problem no matter how you spin it.

4. Bush's fault? thats because it is.

Sure everything is bush's fault, that the easy way out right. I forgot Bush was almighty when he reigned. You can only blame bush for so long, I know it sucks but Obama has to do something.

5.BP. really?: what more could he do then get on there ass and according to international law thats all on BP so that only means BP should have reacted faster not Obama.

I am not sure, but I believe he could have tried to get congress to change a stupid law that forbade some popel from helping I will see if I can find a link for that.

This is what I found in a quick search http://www.openmarket.org/2010/06/14/obama-blocked-clean-up-of-bp-oil-spill-by-friendly-countries-international-assistance-blocked-by-regulations-obama-had-the-authority-to-waive/

6.again Party of no: if you get no help from your constituents than you get nothing done, especially when you want bipartisan bills and the other party spends there time making you look bad cause they won't help.  

What bipartisanship? perhaps if dems/Obama would have actual discussions instead of their way or the highway more could get done. Hard to blmae the minority in congress for not getting things done.

7.the wars? ok i'll bend a little but: he stopped blaming Bush for this months ago. ownership is his and he's on it. Bush started this war so the blame IMO still goes to him. but no real change so thats 1 out of seven.

Bush started? I thought congress voted on. Besides the point, he was all about exiting the wars, and we are still there. Which I am fine with cause I want us there.

the rest is blah blah blah.    

The problem with america, blah blah blah, instead of getting to the bottom of our problems. I am not trying to say I liked bush, but just because Obama is supposed to be what Bush wasn't doesn't mean he is, and to be honest they are both to similar in all the bad ways. America still needs real change.

look i wasn't going to respond because my head is'nt on strait right now, and i really don't have the passions for this thread anylonger.

this eally is'nt worth talking about to me anymore.  lets do this another time on something gaming related.

TheRealMafoo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
TheRealMafoo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:

Wow, come down. 

He will not win.

i'm no liberal. i hate anything involving politic's i just have an opinion. i want the best man for the job and we've seen what the Republicans work looks like. resections blind eyes to everything that got us into this mess.

i can nolonger comment on this topic cause i'm trying to keep a cool head. maybe we can do this on something else cause as you can tell politic's bring out the truth and th worst in people.

TheRealMafoo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
TheRealMafoo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:

Wow, come down. 

He will not win.

He hasn't done anything bad enough to merit losing. His incumbency gives him an advantage that will be hard to overcome, unless there is fracturing on the Democratic side.

Unless there is actual economic collapse between now and then, or something even less foreseeable, he will win.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Whats the difference between Bush and Obama? To me they both act incompetent, the only difference is that Bush sounded incompetent when he spoke.

Tease.

Actually, Bush wasn't that hated after his first term.  People hating him started when the economy went down due to what the Democrats and Republicans had done in previous years.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Wow, I'm so sick and tired of hearing, "This is Bush's fault".  Please do explain how 1 president can be at fault for this.  The president has less control than congress does.  Congress was controlled by democrats during several years of Bush's presidency.  On top of this, can ANYBODY tell me when we started loaning out more money to everybody?  Oh yea!!!! it was in the early 1990's when the CLINTON era was telling banks they needed to start doing this.  No matter who was in office, whether it was Bush or Kerry, or ANYBODY, when it is going that frigging good, people would murder you if you do something to intentially slow it down because you claim it "isn't good" even though it truly wasn't.  No matter what he did, Bush would be an absolutely hated president, and yes, it all started in the early clinton era.  Sorry to disappoint you democrats here.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:

Actually, Bush wasn't that hated after his first term.  People hating him started when the economy went down due to what the Democrats and Republicans had done in previous years.

i'll hand you that one on a silver platter with diamond encrusted.

thranx said:
TheRealMafoo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
TheRealMafoo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:

Wow, come down. 

He will not win.

ain't that the truth. Obama fanatics are just as bad as the Bush fanatics were.

i'm nobodies fanatic. i hate politics, and heres why we can't have a real discussion, cuase for some reason you have to be a fanatic because you have an opinion.

i'm sleeping on this thread so don't even bother quoting me!