By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you honestly believe Obama has a chance in 2012?

mhsillen said:
Galaki said:

I would laugh so hard if Palin actually made it in... No, seriously. I'd laugh.

I think Obama has the smart but he's still human and vulnerable to power->corruption.

Obama was birthed politically from the most corrupt machine in Chicago. He used dirty measures to assail those running against him so they had to bow out.  He has Blago's dirty all over him.

He was never properly vetted by the press as they took turns greedly going down on him.  He had next to no experience and never held a real job. And they attacted Palin experience and gave Obama a pass it was a joke.

By running Palin as his VP, McCain lost the experience argument.  He decided to go "Mavericky" and went with Palin, because it didn't work for Hillary.

Around the Network
nathantay said:

Man I hope the american voters aren't that ignorant to vote him in again.

Depends on who else runs against him.  If the GOP brand is that damaged (and yes it is VERY damaged after 8 years of Dubya), then they can't find anyone good enough to run.  Run Romney?  Evangelicals won't vote for a Mormon and Obamacare is was Mass. has.

See, that is the problem with the two-party system.  It is always the lesser of two evils.  In 2004 Dubya shouldn't of been reelected, but they ran Kerry.

chriscox1121 said:

Tanning bed owners all have raised their prices here in Indy and now they are posting signs with obamas name real big saying that you can thank him for the hike in prices because of their taxes going up.  

What will Obama ever do without the support of the Tanning salon hordes? 

Seriously a very small minority of people use tanning salons and they had their taxes raised becasue of the fact that tanning salons have been proven to increase the likelihood of developing cancer.  If you're going to run a business that is going to definitely increase the expenses of healthcare then you should be paying for it.  I just wished that the bill did more to tax other businesses that hurt the public health and thus drive up healthcare expenses, tobacco particularly, and to a lesser extent alcohol.

mhsillen said:

That is not Bushs fault anymore, people have to grow up and stop blaming

2001-2008 was "But Clinton" time.  EVERYTHING bad, including 9/11 was blamed on Bill Clinton, even when Dubya was in charge.

Mr. sickVisionz said:

I think he'll be fine, especially if the Repubs run a political genius like Palin.

Thinking Palin is stupid,I see you drank the MSM kool-aid. Still talking about Palin when the dumbest person happens to be vice-pres. Please look up dumb quotes or statements authored by the wizard known as Biden. One step from being prez and your still hung up on Palin.  How do you know she is stupid? Oh you must get your news from SNL

Around the Network
chocoloco said:

Has not changed my vote and I still have a very, very, very bitter taste in my mouth from the Bush era. So hell no he should be fine. I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one. Also the youth vote leans towards liberals and the aged voters who favor conservatives keep dying more and more each year.

I didn't think Obama was liberal. Is he? It doesn't show. I hate to say it, but I think you may be in the minority, I do not read very positive news about Obama, and all those Obama preachers I used to hear from seem awfuly quiet now. I am not sure what will happen, but I do believe people in this country still want change, and that those who thought Obama was it probably feel he has been more of the same. We are still in afganistan and iraq (even if it isn't in the paper any more) things are looking to get worse again as far as the economy goes, and immigration and healthcare are still big issues. What has Obama changed? I hope voters start voting on some fiscally sound policies though as our country needs it.

mhsillen said:
Mr. sickVisionz said:

I think he'll be fine, especially if the Repubs run a political genius like Palin

Thinking Palin is stupid,I see you drank the MSM kool-aid. Still talking about Palin when the dumbest person happens to be vice-pres. Please look up dumb quotes or statements authored by the wizard known as Biden. One step from being prez and your still hung up on Palin.  How do you know she is stupid? Oh you must get your news from SNL

Biden quotes:
http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=biden quotes&btnG=Google Search

On Palin:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/sarahpalin/a/palinisms.htm

Dubya:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/bushquotes/Bushisms_and_Funny_Bush_Quotes.htm

One of these three's been involved directly in the office of the President of the United States.  Do you seriously want to debate levels of stupid here?  And do you believe Biden will ever end up as president barring anything that would happen with Obama?  Do you?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Seece said:

Can someone sum up why Obama's approval rate is so low?

Sure. I will give you a bullet list:

• Healthcare: Now that it's passed and people have had time to see what it is, and how it will effect there lives, they don't like it. It's not what they told us it would be.
  • Economy: The recovery is slow, and people are starting to realize it's slow due to his policies, and not Bush's. The Bush era got us into this mess, Obama is keeping us here. He keeps telling us giving away money and buying corporations will fix the problem, so he keeps doing it, and it keeps failing.
  • Ineffective government: His party owns everything, yet they have a hard time getting anything done that doesn't take massive effort. Even when they get things passed, like healthcare, it's a fiasco.
  • The blame game: Obama really only won for one reason. He's not Bush. He won by blaming Bush for everything. He is still trying to do that, but it's far less effective.
  • BP Oil spill: He did far less then he should have, and it hurt him in two ways. One is it shows he doesn't really connect well with Americans when a crisis happens. He also didn't seem to care much. I am sure he did care, he just did a poor job of showing it. Second, when you are so ineffective, it makes it hard to do the blame game. It's easy to use Katrina as an example of why Bush was an idiot. When your response to something is just as bad, it shows the people that big government just doesn't work, and it has less to do with Bush or Obama. You lose the ability to blame, and when that's your one trick, it sucks.
  • No wins: At this point, and it's been two years with complete control of Washington, he should have something to look at and say "But I accomplished XYZ". There is no "XYZ" for Obama.
  • The Wars: Meet the new guy. He is same as the old guy. Obama is Bush with respect to the war effort. That doesn't help
There are other things, Cap and Trade, Gitmo, etc, but those are the major points that are hurting him.
I have no idea how he gets elected next term. Only thing that can save him, is if Republicans take over Congress, and he then has someone to blame again for the failings of Washington.

1. wrong: hasn't completely taken effect yet.

He didn't say it did. Nice try to avoid the point, but it was that now that people have ahd a chance to digest whats coming with it they are not happy, have you looked at it?

2. unproven: yes Bush got us here and Obama can only do what he an to get things done. bailing out the auto industry just might have save us.

Unproven also. but my for most people I think they are feeling you really can't just spend your way out of our problems which is what Obama (or congress) seem to be doing. But i does look like the economy isn't really getting better yet. No one I know of has any confidence in it atleast.

3.the party of no: somethings take more then filibusterer to get done. with the Republicans  blocking  everything how can you get things done. everything Bush was wrong and they supported him why not Obama when he's trying to do right.

They have more control than the repubs did in their reign and can't get anyhting done. That is a problem no matter how you spin it.

4. Bush's fault? thats because it is.

Sure everything is bush's fault, that the easy way out right. I forgot Bush was almighty when he reigned. You can only blame bush for so long, I know it sucks but Obama has to do something.

5.BP. really?: what more could he do then get on there ass and according to international law thats all on BP so that only means BP should have reacted faster not Obama.

I am not sure, but I believe he could have tried to get congress to change a stupid law that forbade some popel from helping I will see if I can find a link for that.

This is what I found in a quick search http://www.openmarket.org/2010/06/14/obama-blocked-clean-up-of-bp-oil-spill-by-friendly-countries-international-assistance-blocked-by-regulations-obama-had-the-authority-to-waive/

6.again Party of no: if you get no help from your constituents than you get nothing done, especially when you want bipartisan bills and the other party spends there time making you look bad cause they won't help.  

What bipartisanship? perhaps if dems/Obama would have actual discussions instead of their way or the highway more could get done. Hard to blmae the minority in congress for not getting things done.

7.the wars? ok i'll bend a little but: he stopped blaming Bush for this months ago. ownership is his and he's on it. Bush started this war so the blame IMO still goes to him. but no real change so thats 1 out of seven.

Bush started? I thought congress voted on. Besides the point, he was all about exiting the wars, and we are still there. Which I am fine with cause I want us there.

the rest is blah blah blah.    

The problem with america, blah blah blah, instead of getting to the bottom of our problems. I am not trying to say I liked bush, but just because Obama is supposed to be what Bush wasn't doesn't mean he is, and to be honest they are both to similar in all the bad ways. America still needs real change.

Yeah, I think he's gonna get reelected. He seems to be doing a decent job of things, and his propaganda speeches will keep the majority of the public on his side

"Being single is easier on the gaming life, and the wallet."

Euphoria14 said:

The man's approval rating is in the shitter because the guy walked into a damn shitstorm. I still find it absolutely hilarious that republicans (Mainly my father) think that if McCain was in office the economy would be on the up and up.

Regardless of who was in office right now the country's economy would be completely screwed up.

It might not be what it was before the recession, but it could be better than it is now. I think people who start looking into were most mbailout oney was spent they will be sad to see they were quick fixes which are wearing off now. No real investment happened. We need to bite the bullet soon or things may get worse.

He should be fine in 2012.

Bush was an absolute moron and he got re-elected, so Obama should get re-elected even if he does nothing for then next 2 years.

All I can say is atleast it felt like Bush acted when we needed him too. I don't agree with how he did everything but Obama just seems to ba all over the place, and I feel his legacy ( health care) will be his undoing and will not be looked on nicely in hindsight. It wasn't really reform, it was just more spending.