By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you honestly believe Obama has a chance in 2012?

I mean, his approval is at a new low of only 41%, while 53% of the country disapproves of his job, and his approval keeps sinking. I wouldn't be surprised if it hit the 30's by next month. Does he actually have a chance at winning in 2012? Or should he step aside and let another democrat run?

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network

I think he'll be fine.

d21lewis said:

I think he'll be fine.

I am not so sure. Bush's approval wasn't even this low on election day for his 2nd term. Obama is only half way through his first term and it's this low. At this rate his approval will be in the 20's or close to it by 2012's election.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

I think it'll be Bush vs Kerry 2.0.  Yeah, he'll get re-elected, but only because the other camp nominated somebody just as bad or worse.

Might as well stick with what you know.

makingmusic476 said:

I think it'll be Bush vs Kerry 2.0.  Yeah, he'll get re-elected, but only because the other camp nominated somebody just as bad or worse.

Pretty much this...

Former something....

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

I think it'll be Bush vs Kerry 2.0.  Yeah, he'll get re-elected, but only because the other camp nominated somebody even worse.

Possibly, but like I said above, Bush wasn't hated that much in his first term. I mean, yeah, he was hated, but he was still kind of popular. Obama on the other hand is just being dubbed early on as someone who doesn't know what he is doing, or didn't have enough experience to be president yet.

" Bush wasn't hated that much in his first term"

What country were you living in

CaptDS9E said:

I mean yeah he was, but his approval wasn't 41% in his first term I don't think. I feel like his hate didn't really come into full effect until after he was re elected.

Has not changed my vote and I still have a very, very, very bitter taste in my mouth from the Bush era. So hell no he should be fine. I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one. Also the youth vote leans towards liberals and the aged voters who favor conservatives keep dying more and more each year.

Ps3 said:
CaptDS9E said:

I mean yeah he was, but his approval wasn't 41% in his first term I don't think. I feel like his hate didn't really come into full effect until after he was re elected.

Bushes approval rating fell to below 50% just before he was re-elected.  Obama's average approval rating is still higher than Bush's.  At the beginning of his third year Reagan's approval ratings were below 40% (I believe somewhere around 35%)  I'm pretty confident he will get re-elected, he still has 2 years to get the economy on track.  The recovery may have slowed in the last two months but I don't fear a double dip recession.  The reason it has slowed is because of less consumer spending, which means a slower recovery but a stronger economy when it does recover.  If the november elections this year don't throw all the democrats out then we will see another stimulus which will breath new life into the economy again and when they go back to the polls the people will not care that it took so long, they'll just care that they're finally where they want to be (economically.)