By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you honestly believe Obama has a chance in 2012?

Tigerlure said:

I think he will. The reason his poll numbers are so low now is because people simply expected way too much from him at the beginning of his presidency. With all things considered, I think he's done an ok job, could be better, but he's still accomplished major things. By the time 2012 comes around, Unemployment will surely be lower by then, we'll be out of Iraq and hopefully doing something meaningful in Afghanistan or withdrawing from there.

Sorry but

The expectations are = what he promised

Around the Network

I say let the man do his job. Don’t really have time to elaborate I may come back to this and post facts, but I think it’s extremely funny how Obama is being hated for so many things it takes time to improve and problems he inherited. Fox news and other bias stations are running Obama into the ground and ignorant people are eating it up without question. I don’t consider myself to be a democrat or republican but it’s obvious when people get mad at the president for golfing while there is an oil spill things have taken a turn for the worst.

Way to early to tell.  We're not even halfway through the term.  

And there's not a chance in heck he doesn't run again, by the way.  It's actually rather difficult to NOT get re-elected if you look at it historically.   The same reason bad senators are in there for dozens of years.  People fear change more than they fear mediocrity.  (I'm not calling Obama mediocre.  I think that too is still too early to judge, personally.)  

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

lilc64 said:

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

I say let the man do his job. Don’t really have time to elaborate I may come back to this and post facts, but I think it’s extremely funny how Obama is being hated for so many things it takes time to improve and problems he inherited. Fox news and other bias stations are running Obama into the ground and ignorant people are eating it up without question. I don’t consider myself to be a democrat or republican but it’s obvious when people get mad at the president for golfing while there is an oil spill things have taken a turn for the worst.

Your joking right.

CNN MSNBC CBS ABC NBC all were extensions of his candidacy.  They never vetted him, they fell all over themselves to get him elected..  This is a fact not opinion

A indie filmmaker did a documentary on this subject "Media Palpractice" watch it and be amazed

Being properly vetted is not important if you are running for student council president

I think it is a good idea if you are running a country

mhsillen said:

He was never properly vetted by the press as they took turns greedly going down on him.  He had next to no experience and never held a real job. And they attacted Palin experience and gave Obama a pass it was a joke.

Never held a real job?  He was a constitutional law professor for 12 years  at the University of Chicago.

Around the Network
Armads said:
mhsillen said:

He was never properly vetted by the press as they took turns greedly going down on him.  He had next to no experience and never held a real job. And they attacted Palin experience and gave Obama a pass it was a joke.

Never held a real job?  He was a constitutional law professor for 12 years  at the University of Chicago.

He gave a few lectures not a professer

And not tenured

Whomever wins, will get elected by the independents. If there is a way for Obama to win back that group, I have no idea what it is.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:

Has not changed my vote and I still have a very, very, very bitter taste in my mouth from the Bush era. So hell no he should be fine. I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one. Also the youth vote leans towards liberals and the aged voters who favor conservatives keep dying more and more each year.

dito. i'm on board with this

Young people 30 years ago were all liberals too. Now they are 50 and understand the world better, and realize they were wrong.

Every year new conservative are born... just 30-40 years after they were really born.

Armads said:
mhsillen said:

I was going to come back in here and post some facts people may not know and dispute claims some made but after seeing this post I remember why I don’t argue politics. If a person is die heart one party they usually don’t dislike the other party based on facts but on personal opinions. When I read he never vetted a real job I cringed and said I’d never come back to this thread. Before I go let me throw a couple of facts your way mhsillen: Obama made millions off his book, He went to Harvard and became a civil rights lawyer and taught constitutional law, Michelle graduated with Cum Laude honors from Princeton and also went to Harvard for a law degree where she met Barack; though I don’t know this to be a fact but apparently becoming president was a decrease in pay since they are not both currently working. Don’t forget he was also a state senator.

lilc64 said:
Armads said:
mhsillen said:

I was going to come back in here and post some facts people may not know and dispute claims some made but after seeing this post I remember why I don’t argue politics. If a person is die heart one party they usually don’t dislike the other party based on facts but on personal opinions. When I read he never vetted a real job I cringed and said I’d never come back to this thread. Before I go let me throw a couple of facts your way mhsillen: Obama made millions off his book, He went to Harvard and became a civil rights lawyer and taught constitutional law, Michelle graduated with Cum Laude honors from Princeton and also went to Harvard for a law degree where she met Barack; though I don’t know this to be a fact but apparently becoming president was a decrease in pay since they are not both currently working. Don’t forget he was also a state senator.

Michelle just went on a vacation that cost $375,000 that we paid for, so while is pay might be less, I don't think there overall net gain is to shabby.