By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN changes review scale

Machina said:

@Carl - Despite what they say, I expect there will be more 10s. Although they already devalued their 10 score by giving them to GTAIV and MGS4 imo.

Not to mention SMG 2. Imo.

Around the Network

wtf is a X.0 or X.5? lol

Carl2291 said:

This thread reveals darths true thoughts about MGS4.

Think i might remove him from my friends list.

QFT. I'd so remove him if he were there in the first place...

I don't know. If you are using decimals then using the whole scale makes more sense. A 1-20 scale is...wierd. It would be better if they dropped the decimals instead of only using x.0 and x.5.

If I were in charge I would probably only have a 3 or 4 point scale though; each game gets "Great", "Good", "Fans only" or "Bad, don't get it!".

forest-spirit said:

I don't know. If you are using decimals then using the whole scale makes more sense. A 1-20 scale is...wierd. It would be better if they dropped the decimals instead of only using x.0 and x.5.

If I were in charge I would probably only have a 3 or 4 point scale though; each game gets "Great", "Good", "Fans only" or "Bad, don't get it!".

Four-star is a great system, but gaming fans have become used to "precise" scoring and it's hard for a lot of major publications to move away from that.

Around the Network
Machina said:
Antabus said:
Machina said:

@Carl - Despite what they say, I expect there will be more 10s. Although they already devalued their 10 score by giving them to GTAIV and MGS4 imo.

Ah, I didn't realise they'd given that a 10 as well. Yeah, make that 3 then.

no!!! that was well deserved....... but gta4 no way!!!

I dunno about mgs4 never played it

morenoingrato said:
Machina said:
Antabus said:
Machina said:

Ah, I didn't realise they'd given that a 10 as well. Yeah, make that 3 then.

no!!! that was well deserved....... but gta4 no way!!!

I dunno about mgs4 never played it

In your opinion.

I suppose it is better, but I its not going to get me going back to IGN again

Khuutra said:
forest-spirit said:

Four-star is a great system, but gaming fans have become used to "precise" scoring and it's hard for a lot of major publications to move away from that.

How about a dichotome review system? "BUY" and "DONT BUY".

Chrizum said:
Khuutra said:

How about a dichotome review system? "BUY" and "DONT BUY".

I lik the "PASS" or "FAIL" monikers, myself....