By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why did you quit Christianity?

Kantor said:

In my opinion, if God is real (we can't say he is or isn't at the present moment), there would be something more to pleasing him than listening to a 2000 year old book and sitting in a stuffy building for an hour every week.

So much hatred is spewed by every religion, I can't believe that an omnibenevolent God could possibly approve.

nothing that we can do can please God. He doesnt need anything from us, netiher does he wants anything from us.

And hatred is spewed by PEOPLE, not religion.

Around the Network
pearljammer said:
pizzahut451 said:
pearljammer said:

A word or concept doesn't have a schema...

I'm honestly unsure how to respond to this. A schema is basically a mental structure of preconceived ideas. It's personal and will vary greatly from one individual to the next. What you've essentially done is rephrase what I'd said exluding the word 'my' - It fits into my schema of the word 'God.'

Angel Gabriel came to Muhammed and said that the people of Meka and Medina should stop worshiping false Gods and turn their prayers to the one REAL God...thats the evidance that  all pagan Gods are false. Also, our God is more powerfull than their Gods, thats the other reason why their God is false. And most of pagan religions dont even have relgious book.

That is hardly evidence. I'm sure you're not understanding what I'm saying now and I'm unsure how else to explain it. So I'm just going to end it here.

Its beyond me to provide you any evidence. You have to have faith. It says that in Quran and in Bible that angel Gabriel told multiple times that there is only oone God.

Rath said:

Because, when someone is a God , he is THE CREATOR and THE RULER of EVERYTHING in the EXISTANCE! For example, there cant be a ''Water God'' or ''God of Seas'' because that God cant controll andything that is out of water (things like fire and air, for an example) so he is not almighty, and thats the reason he cant be God, and thats the reason all the pagan Gods are false. There can ONLY BE 1 GOD,

That's only by your very narrow definition of god. Not anything official. In any case there are multiple other religions that have a supreme creator here are a couple of examples;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenrikyo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cao_Dai

and that is supposed to disporve me how ?

pizzahut451 said:
pearljammer said:
pizzahut451 said:
pearljammer said:

I'm honestly unsure how to respond to this. A schema is basically a mental structure of preconceived ideas. It's personal and will vary greatly from one individual to the next. What you've essentially done is rephrase what I'd said exluding the word 'my' - It fits into my schema of the word 'God.'

Angel Gabriel came to Muhammed and said that the people of Meka and Medina should stop worshiping false Gods and turn their prayers to the one REAL God...thats the evidance that  all pagan Gods are false. Also, our God is more powerfull than their Gods, thats the other reason why their God is false. And most of pagan religions dont even have relgious book.

That is hardly evidence. I'm sure you're not understanding what I'm saying now and I'm unsure how else to explain it. So I'm just going to end it here.

Its beyond me to provide you any evidence. You have to have faith. It says that in Quran and in Bible that angel Gabriel told multiple times that there is only oone God.

That's not at all what I'm getting to; it's hardly evidence that there are no other gods.

Before you respond, please read what I had said a schema is. If you don't understand what I'm trying say, this conversation will be lost on both of us. Just to reiterate - I am in no way asking for proof of God nor do I care to have that conversation.

I did it cause i m gay and i disagree with many things the church thinks are correct.

At first, they blame gay people for all the bad things in society, but later they were found covering and hiding all the bad things they did to kids and now there are people in the church that still deny it happened.

You may find a mirror trying to find the other side of the world

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
Kantor said:

In my opinion, if God is real (we can't say he is or isn't at the present moment), there would be something more to pleasing him than listening to a 2000 year old book and sitting in a stuffy building for an hour every week.

So much hatred is spewed by every religion, I can't believe that an omnibenevolent God could possibly approve.

nothing that we can do can please God. He doesnt need anything from us, netiher does he wants anything from us.

Fantastic. So, let's disregard the Qur'an, Bible, Torah and Bhagavad Gita, and just live our lives.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The real reason I quit christianity is because god told me to.

Kantor said:
pizzahut451 said:
Kantor said:

Fantastic. So, let's disregard the Qur'an, Bible, Torah and Bhagavad Gita, and just live our lives.

Bible is the book with stories that can teach you to live our life as good person. You can totally disregard Bible and live your life if you want to, that wont matter to God at all, because he doesnt need anything from us. And that was my whole point.

pearljammer said:
pizzahut451 said:
pearljammer said:
pizzahut451 said:
pearljammer said:

That's not at all what I'm getting to; it's hardly evidence that there are no other gods.

Before you respond, please read what I had said a schema is. If you don't understand what I'm trying say, this conversation will be lost on both of us. Just to reiterate - I am in no way asking for proof of God nor do I care to have that conversation.

Oh, i musunderstood you than, sorry i took your time