By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Where would the world be right now if religion never existed?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

we would maybe take a lot more responsibility for our own actions, but there would always be fundamentalist supporters of something who would try and push their views and influence the masses, Just look at the 360/ps3 fanboy wars

of course the 360 fans would have the added bonus that their console is so unstable it is a destructive weapon in itself (sorry I'm just bitter because of extensive RROD experience)

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

d21lewis said:

For a lot of people, making money, having sex, having fun, and dying aren't good enough reasons for the question:  "Why are we here?"  And on top of that, there are millions of people whose quality of life is a lot less than ideal.  Many of these people find their strength in believing in a higher power.  They empower themselves by congregating with other like minded individuals. A little belief and hope that there's more waiting for them in the afterlife makes the current situation a little more bearable.

Thinking on a personal level and much less on a "Thousand Year Holy War" level, I think there would be a lot more suicide and depression in the world.  Plus, South Park would have a lot less to make fun of.  And.....I'd probably kill all of you.

All of you.

I thought this was going to be a serious post, and I was sad, then I got to the end and laughed :)

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Positive effect of religion far outweighs the negative.

The world would much messier without religion.

Exactly the same.

Minus churches... more or less anyway.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

Exactly the same.

And probably a lot less little children traumatized and scarred for life..

Just sayin'

Tanstalas said:
Kasz216 said:

Exactly the same.

Just sayin'

If your reffering to pedophillia.  It's actually less common in the priesthood then it is in the general population.  That's an actual fact that you can look up.

It's not the number of incidents that was so scandalous... it's the way the churches handled it.

As a whole a priest is less likely to be a pedophile then the average person.

Kasz216 said:
Tanstalas said:
Kasz216 said:

Exactly the same.

Just sayin'

If your reffering to pedophillia.  It's actually less common in the priesthood then it is in the general population.

It would still be a lot less... or do you disagree with my statement?

Tanstalas said:
Kasz216 said:
Tanstalas said:
Kasz216 said:

Exactly the same.

Just sayin'

If your reffering to pedophillia.  It's actually less common in the priesthood then it is in the general population.

Well of coruse I do.

It's far less common in churches then it is in the regular population.  This means one of two things.

1) Churches attract less pedophiles then everyday life.

2) Churches cause less pedophiles then everyday life.

If you believe in 1.  The answer is there would be just as much traumitized children.

If you believe in 2.  The answer is there would be MORE traumitized children.

There is no way with religion there would be less traumitized chidlren based on the facts.

Chances are however... it's number 1. 

Kasz216 said:
Tanstalas said:
Kasz216 said:
Tanstalas said:
Kasz216 said:

Exactly the same.

Just sayin'

Well of coruse I do.

It's far less common in churches then it is in the regular population.  This means one of two things.

1) Churches attract less pedophiles then everyday life.

2) Churches cause less pedophiles then everyday life.

If you believe in 1.  The answer is there would be just as much traumitized children.

If you believe in 2.  The answer is there would be MORE traumitized children.

There is no way with religion there would be less traumitized chidlren based on the facts.

Chances are however... it's number 1. 

Even if it was 1 child affected by the church, I would consider that "a lot" - apparently you have different views... o.0