By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guerrilla Games working on a new IP

From neogaf:

Herman Hulst did an interview with Control (never heard of it myself) , a dutch gamemagazine, and revealed that they are working on a new IP besides Killzone 3.

The article says that they are still very busy with Killzone 3, but they managed to get a few people working on the game already. It is still in a concept stage, and that it's a very fun time for the team. They are ramping up in the near future and they also asked the whole team at Guerrilla to pitch concepts for the game where a lot of good ideas came from, but it's too soon to talk about yet.

That's it basically.

For the full article:  http://control-online.nl/gamesindustrie/2010/07/29/hermen-hulst-guerrilla-werkt-aan-nieuw-ip/

Guess this will be our first chance to see how they perform with something unrelated to Space Nazis with glowing eyes!  Can't wait to see what it is.  I can only hope for an art direction as visually striking as what they've done with Killzone. 

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

From neogaf:

Herman Hulst did an interview with Control (never heard of it myself) , a dutch gamemagazine, and revealed that they are working on a new IP besides Killzone 3.

The article says that they are still very busy with Killzone 3, but they managed to get a few people working on the game already. It is still in a concept stage, and that it's a very fun time for the team. They are ramping up in the near future and they also asked the whole team at Guerrilla to pitch concepts for the game where a lot of good ideas came from, but it's too soon to talk about yet.

That's it basically.

For the full article:  http://control-online.nl/gamesindustrie/2010/07/29/hermen-hulst-guerrilla-werkt-aan-nieuw-ip/

Guess this will be our first chance to see hwo they perform with something unrelated to Space Nazis with glowing eyes!  Can't help to see what it is.  I can only hope for an art direction as visually striking as what they've done with Killzone. 

Was Shellshock: Nam '67 so shitty that people seem to ignore its existence?

makingmusic476 said:

Guess this will be our first chance to see hwo they perform with something unrelated to Space Nazis with glowing eyes! 

We already know that... >_> ... they made Shellshock NAM 67'

Which was an ok game..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Aparently, indodude.  Then again, without the Sony hype-machine behind them they'd still be unrecognized altogether.  They really aren't that good of a dev team.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

indodude said:
makingmusic476 said:

From neogaf:

That's it basically.

Guess this will be our first chance to see hwo they perform with something unrelated to Space Nazis with glowing eyes!  Can't help to see what it is.  I can only hope for an art direction as visually striking as what they've done with Killzone. 

Was Shellshock: Nam '67 so shitty that people seem to ignore its existence?

It was pretty shitty, and they were working on it at the same time as Killzone.  They were actually released only a month apart, and it's fairly obvious which of the two recieved the bulk of their attention.

Shellshocked should be known as "that thing they worked on while making Killzone" lol.

Around the Network

Nam wasn't horrible but it was nowhere near KZ level...this should be interesting and imo it's gonna be a Move title :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

ChichiriMuyo said:

Aparently, indodude.  Then again, without the Sony hype-machine behind them they'd still be unrecognized altogether.  They really aren't that good of a dev team.

Isnt that a bit unfair,while no where near naughty dog or bungie level, theyr still more talented than your average dev out there

Charreaper said:
ChichiriMuyo said:

Isnt that a bit unfair,while no where near naughty dog or bungie level, theyr still more talented than your average dev out there

That's really going to depend on what you consider average.  Can I think of much worse devs?  Absolutely.  In fact, my childhood was littered with them (damn you JLB!).  But I can also name dozens of better devs as well.  I can name several that have tackled the same genre and done much, much better without a console maker holding their hand the whole way, too. 

Do they deserve to keep making games?  Sure.  Do they or any of their work deserve much in the way of accolades?  No, really they don't.  They did as best as they could with what they got (aka a budget bigger than the vast majority of their competitors), but their best pales in comparison to so many others its unbelieveable.  Really, without Sony hyping Killzone 2 to no end these guys would be no better off than Factor 5 which was a (almost inarguably) better dev team by a mile.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Nam 67 was shitty?, it was great!

you guys are probably mistaking it to that other crappy sequel.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Sweet! cant Wait to see what this is!

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords