By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - TheSource comments on Sony's shipment figures

shanbcn said:

The thing is if Sony overship one quarter then it have to ship less in next. But thats not what is happning and the gap is growing every quarter between VGZ sold and Sony shipped. While decreasing between MS 360 shipped and VGZ sold figures.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=113854

Actually the gap is not growing every quarter, but it actually shrank the 3 previous to this one. Furthermore, it has been roughly 2M for 2 years now. I do expect the gap to increase once again this current(July-Sept) quarter as that always seems to be the case, but the gap will likely decrease once again come the holidays.

The 360's gap has pretty consistently been on the same yearly rise and fall since its first full calendar year. Yes the gap has shrunk quite a bit these last two quarters, but that would also make sense with the introduction of the slim. Just like the PS3, the gap will likely grow in this current period.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
shanbcn said:

The thing is if Sony overship one quarter then it have to ship less in next. But thats not what is happning and the gap is growing every quarter between VGZ sold and Sony shipped. While decreasing between MS 360 shipped and VGZ sold figures.

Actually the gap is not growing every quarter, but it actually shrank the 3 previous to this one. Furthermore, it has been roughly 2M for 2 years now. I do expect the gap to increase once again this current(July-Sept) quarter as that always seems to be the case, but the gap will likely decrease once again come the holidays.

The 360's gap has pretty consistently been on the same yearly rise and fall since its first full calendar year. Yes the gap has shrunk quite a bit these last two quarters, but that would also make sense with the introduction of the slim. Just like the PS3, the gap will likely grow in this current period.

actually sony erased the gap, what left was the year headstart 360 had, the thing is 360 is now having clearance sells, and a redesign and sony don't have anything for a while now.it been a year since the introduction of the slim.

i wonder where 360 will stabilize, after clerance sales are over, kinect hits, and move and GT5 Hits.

I have not gone through Sony reports in sometime, but i remember Sony would state how much cash worth of warehouse stock they had.  I'm pretty sure this was stated in reference to just the gaming division.  I remember watching this number over a few reports trying to figure out how much units in stock they had.

Do they not do this anymore? 

Xoj said:
Linkzmax said:
shanbcn said:

actually sony erased the gap, what left was the year headstart 360 had, the thing is 360 is now having clearance sells, and a redesign and sony don't have anything for a while now.it been a year since the introduction of the slim.

i wonder where 360 will stabilize, after clerance sales are over, kinect hits, and move and GT5 Hits.

The gap we are referring to is not the difference between 360 and PS3 but shipped VS sold for each console.

Ldn.se said:

So jneul was not crazy, she was right.

Shush don't go telling everyone that I am crazy indeeed....

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
jneul said:
Ldn.se said:

So jneul was not crazy, she was right.

Shush don't go telling everyone that I am crazy indeeed....

HEHEHE, your Back!,missed ya, and ..you were right.../wink

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

darthdevidem01 said:

What I don't get is even if SONY overshipped PS3's, why?

Why did retailers order PS3's, why did they let SONY stuff the channel when there was no significant software release compared to the blockbuster filled Q1?

My guess is that unusually high shipments could be to clear old 120GB units stocks. Surely they'll be discounted to the end user as soon as the 160GB is launched as entry level (it just started in Japan) and also surely Sony discounted them to retailers too, otherwise they wouldn't have accepted.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!