By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - TheSource comments on Sony's shipment figures

unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:

I don't get why anybody is treating this as new information.  It's been like this for a while now.  A long while.  As Ioi stated a long time ago.  It's likely Sony is counting something else in with it's shipped sales.  Like replacement numbers.

Afterall it's not like it's JUST Vgchartz that it's at odds with.   It's at odds with EVERY major tracker.

It'd be dishonest or just wishful thinking to think it's anything else.  These were the people who's shipped used to meant "sitting in our warehouses."

Actually their shipped was sold to retailers but still sitting in our warehouses 

Not according to their own financial reports.  I'd suggest taking a look at them.  The "our" comment is amusing though.  Either you identify too much with sony or you need to re-read the financial reports.   If the age of 20 is true... i'm guessing it's the later... unless you work at a Sony Style store or something.

All the major trackers are in perfect harmony.  Just like they were before Sony switched their reporting methods.

If the major trackers were in the wrong... Sony would speak up about it.  They woudl say "Our consumer sell through is much better then everbody else says... and here is why."

The fact that they don't and are still silent just like when the previous gaps were there shows it's all in the reporting method and that it's likely still different from the other two.

It's really basic common sense.  Anything else is pure wishfull thinking.  Which... using "our"... no offense, but it does clearly demonstrate your lack of objectivity.  Treating Sony as if it were a baseball team.

dude I copied what you said and added more detail (the fact it was sold to retailers, as in paid for) as for Sony not speaking out against trackers, I honestly don't think they give a shit after it leaves their warehouse and is paid for especially outside of japan

It... wasn't.  Look at their fiancial reports.

Lets be honest... you just desperately want all the trackers to be wrong.  Desperately.  Hence your use of "our" as if you were part of the Sony mechanism.

Why would Sony care if the trackers are wrong?  I dunno, maybe because that would effect their stock price, and how companies do buisness with them, since they all take the tracking numbers as gospel.  Hence why they pay for them?

I mean, you think Sony doesn't care that they are paying for numbers that they think are wrong... and also adversely effecting stock prices and customer buisness.

Please.

Ioi knows what he's doing.  That's why he's the one with the respected website credited by all sorts of instututions... and your the one refering to a company in the first person as if they were the local ball team.

My use was a copy and paste of your use like I already told you once, learn to read honestly grow up and grow and brain and leave me alone 

You added the "wrong" detail and didn't bother to change our or use "". 

The fact is... you just don't know what your talking about.  It's that simple.  Ioi does.  Just read his link... and learn rather then pretend you know more just because your a random dude on the internet who really cares about one company.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:

I don't get why anybody is treating this as new information.  It's been like this for a while now.  A long while.  As Ioi stated a long time ago.  It's likely Sony is counting something else in with it's shipped sales.  Like replacement numbers.

Afterall it's not like it's JUST Vgchartz that it's at odds with.   It's at odds with EVERY major tracker.

It'd be dishonest or just wishful thinking to think it's anything else.  These were the people who's shipped used to meant "sitting in our warehouses."

Actually their shipped was sold to retailers but still sitting in our warehouses 

Not according to their own financial reports.  I'd suggest taking a look at them.  The "our" comment is amusing though.  Either you identify too much with sony or you need to re-read the financial reports.   If the age of 20 is true... i'm guessing it's the later... unless you work at a Sony Style store or something.

All the major trackers are in perfect harmony.  Just like they were before Sony switched their reporting methods.

If the major trackers were in the wrong... Sony would speak up about it.  They woudl say "Our consumer sell through is much better then everbody else says... and here is why."

The fact that they don't and are still silent just like when the previous gaps were there shows it's all in the reporting method and that it's likely still different from the other two.

It's really basic common sense.  Anything else is pure wishfull thinking.  Which... using "our"... no offense, but it does clearly demonstrate your lack of objectivity.  Treating Sony as if it were a baseball team.

dude I copied what you said and added more detail (the fact it was sold to retailers, as in paid for) as for Sony not speaking out against trackers, I honestly don't think they give a shit after it leaves their warehouse and is paid for especially outside of japan

Lets be honest... you just desperately want all the trackers to be wrong.  Desperately.  Hence your use of "our" as if you were part of the Sony mechanism.

Why would Sony care if the trackers are wrong?  I dunno, maybe because that would effect their stock price, and how companies do buisness with them, since they all take the tracking numbers as gospel.  Hence why they pay for them?

I mean, you think Sony doesn't care that they are paying for numbers that they think are wrong... and also adversely effecting stock prices and customer buisness.

Please.

Ioi knows what he's doing.  That's why he's the one with the respected website credited by all sorts of instututions... and your the one refering to a company in the first person as if they were the local ball team.

My use was a copy and paste of your use like I already told you once, learn to read honestly grow up and grow and brain and leave me alone 

The fact is... you just don't know what your talking about.  It's that simple.  Ioi does.  Just read his link... and learn rather then pretend you know more just because your a random dude on the internet who really cares about one company.

So I suck at grammar and don't bother to check my posts sue me, like I said leave me alone 

unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:

Please.

So I suck at grammar and don't bother to check my posts sue me, like I said leave me alone 

Fair enough, at least you know you were wrong now... in general, about everything.  Ioi knows what he's talking about. 

Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:

Please.

OH THE IRONY! buhahahhahahha

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:

Please.

OH THE IRONY! buhahahhahahha

I know for a fact that Ioi knows more due to what he does.  Therefore, whatever Ioi says is likely the case.  Ioi isn't some "random guy on the internet".   He's some guy that started up a numbers tracking website that's shockingly accurate... espiecally for the level of resources he started out with.

Around the Network
Hyruken said:

Which leaves Europe. There is no chance in hell this 2m is here, why? Because that would mean for europe roughly 200k a week PS3 sales. On par with holiday 2009 sales. In the quietest time of the year you expect it to do those numbers? Get real.

How about other regions? This is what I think VGChartz is missing. While Europe may be accurate, the Others region as a whole may not be accurate. This is understandable, IMO.

However, if that is the case it would mean VGC needs to update the  numbers to reflect the shipped.

The BuShA owns all!

Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:

Please.

Fair enough, at least you know you were wrong now... in general, about everything.  Ioi knows what he's talking about. 

haven't seen any proof either way 

unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:

Please.

Then your pretty blind... it's pure occrams razor stuff.

The situation your proposing is unbelivably fantastic to be true.  While what Ioi's saying is the most likely and obvious situation.

Your basically suggesting a giant conspiracy against Sony... and sony for some reason doesn't care about the negative effects to it's buisness. 

It's laughable.

2M consoles on shelves is reasonable I guess, but that's not my problem.

My problem is people saying 'overshipped' and talking like Sony has lied about their numbers.

Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Kasz216 said:

Please.

Then your pretty blind... it's pure occrams razor stuff.

The situation your proposing is unbelivably fantastic to be true.  While what Ioi's saying is the most likely and obvious situation.

Your basically suggesting a giant conspiracy against Sony... and sony for some reason doesn't care about the negative effects to it's buisness. 

It's laughable.

dude who's posts are you reading?