By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What (in your opinion) is the best musician/band/pop group...?!

Ari_Gold said:
tarheel91 said:
Ari_Gold said:
tarheel91 said:
The Format, Steel Train, Hello Goodbye, Radiohead, Gnarls Barkley, This Providence, The Academy Is..., RHCP.

are you a girl?

Haha, no. I didn't know indie was synonymous with girly. I left out a few Ska Punk bands like Rx Bandits, but I really don't see how it's girly as is.

hellogoody, the academy is, this providence, the format, they're girl bands 

So essentially, indie punk = girl band?  That's what you're saying.

Around the Network
nintendo_fanboy said:
My favourite bands are:

the killers
we are scientists
yellowcard
maxïmo park
mando diao
queen
rooney
the strokes
meat loaf
the subways
the darkness
genesis
the ataris
franz ferdinand
pink floyd
sugarplum fairy
the libertines
green day
counting crows
the kooks
arctic monkeys

not in a particular order, btw.

Totally forgot about We Are Scientists.  I love them.

Phil Dirt and the Dozers

Valdens said:
Queen, Electric Light Orchestra, The Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John.

Take out Queen and The beetles, and I would listen to the rest, especially ELO-They're awsome for a bit of 70s retro rock. They should make GH3 DLC with 'roll over bethoven'.

Avalach21 said:
choirsoftheeye said:

In the modern era: Kayo Dot, Wolves in the Throne Room, Built to Spill, Neutral Milk Hotel, Tool, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Burzum, Isis, Goodspeed You! Black Emperor, Devin Townsend, Ulver, Iron & Wine, Smashing Pumpkins, Tori Amos, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Agalloch...

Drudkh and Sufjan Stevens!

Hmmm. I was impressed by the occasional Sigur Ros, and Radiohead mentioned. Someone said streetlight manifesto, who are somehow making a decent sound out of ska music, but you sir, really nailed a lot of bands I've recently been getting into. Kayo Dot? Come on, to think someone else on here listens to them? wow...

haha Goodspeed, but anyway, what's your favorite Godspeed album?

Well given my screenname, it's not that surprising I like Kayo Dot, eh?  My favorite godspeed is F#A#(infinity), probably, though I like all of their albums.  New Zero Kanada is growing on me... I also quite like A Silver Mt. Zion and Explosions in the Sky in the post-rock area.

I frequent http://www.rateyourmusic.com - I recommend the site with the exception of the current year, which is always full of contentious bs rating wars.

I've been meaning to check out Streetlight Manifesto :).

Around the Network

At the moment I'm listening to a lot (and I mean A LOT) of Killswitch: Engage and Deathstars. These bands are just too awesome.

Evanescence, Kelly Clarkson, The Killers, Britney Spears, My Chemical Romance, Nelly Furtado, Shakira, Rihanna, Wisin & Yandel, Ashlee Simpson, La 5a Estacion, and my new favorite punk rock band: Paramore.

Queen

Scorpions

Thrice

The Expendables

CCR

Rage Against the Machine 

The Philidelphia was not an accident. It was a merciful bullet to the head of a malignant ideology. It was the death of fear and the birth of hope. Rejoice, children of Nod, the blood of your oppressors will flow and fifty years of tyranny will finally end. Transformation is coming. A new day will dawn. The future... is ours

Beatles
Pink Floyd
Ray Charles
Howlin' Wolf
Leadbelly
Led Zeppelin
Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Well looking through the bands in here its quite interesting, seems as a board we like a lot of pop with a few of us liking rock. I am oh so glad that nobody here is a rap fan though.