By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What (in your opinion) is the best musician/band/pop group...?!

takeru51 said:
I'm glad I'm not going to concerts with some of you guys, lol.

I kid of course, but for me, with music I either like it or I don't. Some of it I like more than others, but I listen to everything and don't have a particular genre that I like (although there are very, very, very few country songs that I like).

One band I can always listen to would have to be The Kinks (live recordings though, not the studio crap). They're absolutely awesome, and the best British Invasion band of them all.

Hah, I don't get to meet many fellow kinks fans.

Around the Network
Rath said:
takeru51 said:
I'm glad I'm not going to concerts with some of you guys, lol.

I kid of course, but for me, with music I either like it or I don't. Some of it I like more than others, but I listen to everything and don't have a particular genre that I like (although there are very, very, very few country songs that I like).

One band I can always listen to would have to be The Kinks (live recordings though, not the studio crap). They're absolutely awesome, and the best British Invasion band of them all.

Hah, I don't get to meet many fellow kinks fans.

To be completely honest, I was actually turned onto them by video games. Battlefield Vietnam is one of my all time favorites, and even though I'd liked them prior to it, that game actually got me to listen to them and realize that I absolutely loved them. I'm just glad to know I'm not the only fan here

The Format, Steel Train, Hello Goodbye, Radiohead, Gnarls Barkley, This Providence, The Academy Is..., RHCP.

Iced Earth

Genre: A combination of power and thrash metal.

Honorable mentions:

Nightwish
Soilwork
In Flames
Children of Bodom
Amon Amarth
Kamelot
Dark Tranquillity

tombi123 said:
ARCADE FIRE are the best band in the world. Funeral is the perfect album, I have never heard an album so brilliant before or since. They are so good live it is unreal, even better live then Muse, (I have seen both live). If you havent heard of ARCADE FIRE you must check them out.

Best songs: Tunnels, Power out, Intervention, Wake Up, Rebellion and No Cars Go.

Not sure, when I saw them at Reading Festival they really underwhelmed me, and were totally blown away by Nine Inch Nails. Saying that, they don't really suit a huge open-air stage, I'm sure they'll be better in a smaller venue so I'll check them out on their next tour. Personally I though Muse were better when I saw them on the same stage, but I didn't think that much of Muse live either...

Funeral is an amazing album though, and Neon Bible is very good too. I do think they're in a tough position seeing as their first album was so amazing it's almost impossible to top it.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Linkin Park or Three Days Grace. Animal I have Become, In the End, Somewhere I Belong FTW!

that is disgusting

tombi123 said:
ARCADE FIRE are the best band in the world. Funeral is the perfect album, I have never heard an album so brilliant before or since. They are so good live it is unreal, even better live then Muse, (I have seen both live). If you havent heard of ARCADE FIRE you must check them out.

Best songs: Tunnels, Power out, Intervention, Wake Up, Rebellion and No Cars Go.

sup @ indie hipster... Arcade fire are the most overrated band in the indie scene

tarheel91 said:
The Format, Steel Train, Hello Goodbye, Radiohead, Gnarls Barkley, This Providence, The Academy Is..., RHCP.

are you a girl?  

Garcian Smith said:
Porcupine Tree. That is all.

good band

Mistershine said:
Can't get enough of Me First & The Gimmee Gimmees at the moment.

You sir, have great taste in music