By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - iS America Really That FaT ?

Netyaroze said:
RCTjunkie said:

Where I live? I would say a quarter are overweight.

America as  whole has larger people then around the world, but they definitely have their fair share of attractive, fit people.

No thats not true. 

*Interesting statistics/article*

Around the Network

Its not so much an "Americans being fat" thing anymore, more so its a "Certain states being fat" if you claim 60% of the people you saw in America were fat, chances are you were in a Southern State because most of the fatties are from the south, Here in California you rarely see a fat person, people in this state take care of themselves, most places up North have average weight sizes the same as normal countries.

So are Americans fat? no

Are Southern Americans fat? yes! they're all tubbies

D: i'm kidding, but no seriously the south needs to lose some weight you people are making everyone else in America look bad.

Anyway you'll find that a lot of Europeans consider even the people we consider "Thin" to be fat, and it has a lot to do with Europeans on average being REALLY BONY, like seriously bony, Americans & Canadians on average are thicker than Europeans who tend to be TOO slim, you're more likely to see a muscular guy in California or Miami or some places in Canada than you are in Europe, on average many European dudes are tiny!

I guess its just a difference in culture, the media here promotes the idea that men should be muscular and huge, in Europe maybe stick thin is attractive, in North & South America curvacious thick women are the ideal woman, and if you compare most of the North America & South American models to the European ones you'll see on average the North & South American models tend to be thicker, have the legs, the thighs, the ass etc Lol.

iKANNIBAL said:

Its not so much an "Americans being fat" thing anymore, more so its a "Certain states being fat" if you claim 60% of the people you saw in America were fat, chances are you were in a Southern State because most of the fatties are from the south, Here in California you rarely see a fat person, people in this state take care of themselves, most places up North have average weight sizes the same as normal countries.

So are Americans fat? no

Are Southern Americans fat? yes! they're all tubbies

D: i'm kidding, but no seriously the south needs to lose some weight you people are making everyone else in America look bad.

Anyway you'll find that a lot of Europeans consider even the people we consider "Thin" to be fat, and it has a lot to do with Europeans on average being REALLY BONY, like seriously bony, Americans & Canadians on average are thicker than Europeans who tend to be TOO slim, you're more likely to see a muscular guy in California or Miami or some places in Canada than you are in Europe, on average many European dudes are tiny!

I guess its just a difference in culture, the media here promotes the idea that men should be muscular and huge, in Europe maybe stick thin is attractive, in North & South America curvacious thick women are the ideal woman, and if you compare most of the North America & South American models to the European ones you'll see on average the North & South American models tend to be thicker, have the legs, the thighs, the ass etc Lol.

23% of people in California are obese.  In the south the highest is like... 30%.  You aren't as far off as you think.

I've never been to the US but in Canada, I could see quite a lot of fatties when going to the mall. Not only adults but children and teens. It was just so horrible to see those kids struggling to just walk around the mall. What I found weird was when I saw stick think mothers with obese children. WTF!?

A lot of it has to do with people not cooking for themselves anymore (lots of fast food or frozen "conveniant" crap instead), HUMONGOUS portions and not moving.

Personally, I don't want to let myself ever get there. I'm at a healthy weight but not fitting in some of my clothes anymore. That tells me I should lose some inches. I'm not buying new clothes till it goes back down to how it was.

Edit: I was curious so I looked at the fat country list and...

163. Japan 22.6

I know Japanese has gotten fatter but it's still so low compared to other developped countries! I really would like to know how they stay thin. XD

RCTjunkie said:
Netyaroze said:
RCTjunkie said:

Where I live? I would say a quarter are overweight.

America as  whole has larger people then around the world, but they definitely have their fair share of attractive, fit people.

No thats not true. 

*Interesting statistics/article*

hehe Yes I know. 

Around the Network

Haha yea over 60% people of people are fat there, Mississippi is the fattest state FACT!

Wayne Rooney is the best!  Manchester United rules!

Kasz216 said:
Reach said:

Americans please answers... My American Friends on XBL say Americans are all FAT... wtf i have Americans friends bodybuilder as me and they are great and and dont even know any American who is fat... Serious...

Depends what country your from really.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/02/07/worlds-fattest-countries-forbeslife-cx_ls_0208worldfat_2.html

Wow, the percentage for the least fat countries is awesomely small 0_o i wonder what they eat.... wait until mcdonalds gets there.

rutea7 said:
Kasz216 said:

Depends what country your from really.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/02/07/worlds-fattest-countries-forbeslife-cx_ls_0208worldfat_2.html

Wow, the percentage for the least fat countries is awesomely small 0_o i wonder what they eat.... wait until mcdonalds gets there.

They don't, that's their secret :)

I used to be a real fattie. lol! I used to weigh 305 pounds and I'm 6'0 tall. I've been working out for 4 and half months and lost 65 pounds. I'm at 240 right now and trying to get down to 210-215. I've been big since I was 7-years-old, I don't know if its genetics,but, my mom is big herself and I have an older brother who recently gained a lot of weight from not exercising and not eating right. Everyone else in my family (My dad, sister,and my 3 other brothers) are normal weight.

i eat alot guys and im really fine! im not skinny i have a good body and im bodybuilder... i know bodybuilding is huge in U.S not much here but i see alot of people in the gym im going... maybe has to do with genetics...