By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - iS America Really That FaT ?

It depends where in America. For example, in Boston, people are rather slim. Why? Because very few people who actually live in Boston own a car so that means they walk a lot either to get to work or to go shopping or whatever.

But darn, people are fat in Florida.

Around the Network

This is the kind of stuff that only comes out of America:

insomniac17 said:

No, not all Americans are fat. You get all kinds of people here. However, if you go to Walmart, it's a pretty safe bet that you will see plenty of fat people. (Speaking from personal experience). 

this. 

ssj12 said:
NiKKoM said:

be happy!

You guys have stuff like this:

No way something like that would open in my country...

I'm american and I can say thats retarded. I support the women in the restuarant but not the food. That place needs to be shut down.

Hah, I feel exactly the opposite way.  People should be able to open up whatever crappy place they want.

It's up to people to not be dumb.

gurglesletch said:
insomniac17 said:

No, not all Americans are fat. You get all kinds of people here. However, if you go to Walmart, it's a pretty safe bet that you will see plenty of fat people. (Speaking from personal experience). 

this. 

And bad drivers.  I dunno what it is, but Wal-mart attracts the WORST drivers.  I don't go there simply because somebody almost hits me everytime I freakin go there.

Around the Network

I'm from Mississippi and I am not a fatty. There are a lot of fat people here but there are a lot of slim/fit people as well.

rutea7 said:
Farmageddon said:
rutea7 said:

Wow, the percentage for the least fat countries is awesomely small 0_o i wonder what they eat.... wait until mcdonalds gets there.

They don't, that's their secret :)

well i'm sure they eat in vietnam.... have to look for a vietnamese restaurant =P aways wanted to try that

They do, just not everyday :P

Nah, seriously, it's hard to over-eat as much in poorer countries. But I think they do eat a lot of rice, fish/seafood and fruits and vegetables, so I guess their eating style is healthier indeed. Not that it's hard to have a healtier cousine than the USA anyway.

Also, lifestyle has a big influence. I bet they are a lot more active, working like a horse on a field and walking everywhere and all that, they're bound to be spending many more calories. Yeah, they all work on the fields. And no, I don't stereotype.

But I guess the smaller and less missigenated the country the more likely it is to have a strong genetic tendency, so that may help. That and maybe higher social pressure too, since really overweight people must be looked at much more like freaks around there.

Anyway, I'm drunk and I'm babbling, so I'll stop.

Oh, btw, the thread now gets orange when you're quoted. Nice :)

Kasz216 said:
gurglesletch said:
insomniac17 said:

this. 

And bad drivers.  I dunno what it is, but Wal-mart attracts the WORST drivers.  I don't go there simply because somebody almost hits me everytime I freakin go there.

Yeah, I always park in the back of the lot since i don't want to get hit by some idiot backing up. 

I lived in Japan for a while and there were very few people that I remembered that were overweight.

I got back to America to one of the fattest cities (San Antonio, TX).  Boy, was I in for some reverse culture shock.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Boutros said:

It depends where in America. For example, in Boston, people are rather slim. Why? Because very few people who actually live in Boston own a car so that means they walk a lot either to get to work or to go shopping or whatever.

But darn, people are fat in Florida.

I totally agree that not owning a can be key, but you must live in a dense city. Many Western cities are spread out and you have to have a car to get around. Have not had a car for five months and I have to eat as much as a fat person not to become skinny. In the west people need cars, yet were less fat than the rest of the country.

Also in case you didn't look Massachusetts has been one of the least fat states for years.