By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What happened to PS3's 3th party support...?!

The closed-to-public E3 of this year should be VERY telling of where 3rd parties stand between the 3 consoles.  July, wasn't it?

Hus

nin fanboys can rate crap high...... but it still is crap.

You're welcome to your opinion, and I'm welcome to mine.  Does that give me the right to call 99% of all of the games on PS3 and 360 crap?

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network
vanguardian1 said:

You're welcome to your opinion, and I'm welcome to mine. Does that give me the right to call 99% of all of the games on PS3 and 360 crap?

ummm..... yes! 

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Hus said:

nin fanboys can rate crap high...... but it still is crap.

um...so it's like. if ps3 games get pissed all over by wii game sales, sony fanboys can say it all good and hug it even though it's piss tainted?  just giving an analogy to the above quote.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Actuallly Brothers In Arms has been announced for the Wii.

Sigh another Fanboy battle... More games doesn't always mean better games. Lemme give you an example. I really like Nintendo but I prefer Final Fantasy on the PS3 because it's from the original serie, not a spin-off like it's going to be on Wii (a.k.a. FF: Crystal Chronicles) Of course Nintendo is getting more support but, it doesn't mean the games are better than the other consoles.

Around the Network
lolita said:
Sigh another Fanboy battle... More games doesn't always mean better games. Lemme give you an example. I really like Nintendo but I prefer Final Fantasy on the PS3 because it's from the original serie, not a spin-off like it's going to be on Wii (a.k.a. FF: Crystal Chronicles) Of course Nintendo is getting more support but, it doesn't mean the games are better than the other consoles.

You're right more doesn't mean better. But for some of us, if it looks like Console X is getting more games I want than Console Y, why should I still pick Console X? Of course I'm only speaking for myself, but as of right now, for the games I want the Wii is getting far more games I am interested in than either of the other 2 consoles.

After the disappointment of XII, I've already decided that for me the main FF series has gone to hell. :-/ I actually have higher hopes for FFCC:TCB than I do FFXIII, if they can capture the feel of the SNES Final Fantasy games in FFCC:TCB, I'll buy whatever they make for that series. :)

And also, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is technically "not" a spin-off any more than Final Fantasy Tactics, which I personally hold in higher regard over any main FF game ever. Technically, Final Fantasy XII : Revenant Wings would be more of a spinoff.  Like it or not, it is it's own game series.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

BenKenobi88 said:
To the OP:

PS3's 3rd party support is not that weak. The Wii sold more CoD 3's and Marvel Alliance's because the Wii has a MUCH bigger install base. The only reason PS3 didn't sell as much of those games as the Wii is because there are far fewer PS3 owners than Wii owners.

The thing you should be dissing, if you were so inclined to, is not PS3's third party support in regard to sales, but support in regard to newly announced games and developers. I think the Wii really does have the PS3 beat in that department, because it is getting lots of attention and lots of new developers.

The reason that CoD sold so much less, is that about 1 in 3 PS3 owners have Resistance, which most people chose over CoD.

How many third party developers are developing for the PS3? They are supporting the PS3, but one large factor  is the large number of quality 1st party games and lower install base.

If the PS3 3rd party support is weak, with MGS 4 and FFXIII coming from third parties, then what is strong?

add me

staticneuron said:
ALKO said:

two facts:

- Media Vision, creator of Sony's Wild Arms series, is recruiting new developers for a new Wii project. In the past Media Vision used to develop software solely for PlayStation platforms.

Yoshihiro over at DCEmu has released the source code to his port of the Playstation Emulator for the Nintendo Wii, the project needs extra work but a lot of the groundwork has already been done

who really need a ps3...

WOW!

You're right...... Sony should just pack it up now.

Pack it in and go play on a PC...or PSP...or PDA...you know...other formats that already have Playstation Emulators.  Who really needs a PS3?  Nobody, I guess, you can play your playstation 1 games anyway!  Woohoo!

zsidane said:
kber81 said:

@ windbane

There won't be MGS4 for Xbox360 - check news section.

Because you're Kojima ??

Sorry dude but you first jumped on StarCraftManiac and blamed him for posting "crap" and acting like a kid. Now just try to read what you have already posted and how people are supposed to look at you...

Does he have to be Kojima to read Kojima's own statements?

MSG4 = PS3 Exclusive.

FFXIII = PS3 Exclusive

FFvXIII = PS3 Exclusive

WipeOut Fusion HD = PS3 Exclusive

Gran Turismo 5 = PS3 Exclusive

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
zsidane said:
kber81 said:

@ windbane

There won't be MGS4 for Xbox360 - check news section.

Because you're Kojima ??

Sorry dude but you first jumped on StarCraftManiac and blamed him for posting "crap" and acting like a kid. Now just try to read what you have already posted and how people are supposed to look at you...

Does he have to be Kojima to read Kojima's own statements?

MSG4 = PS3 Exclusive.

FFXIII = PS3 Exclusive

FFvXIII = PS3 Exclusive

WipeOut Fusion HD = PS3 Exclusive

Gran Turismo 5 = PS3 Exclusive

And the list goes on...every console has great exclusives to look forward to, so just get the console you want to play the games for.