By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What happened to PS3's 3th party support...?!

Louis277 said:

All related to business and if PS3 can sell more, then more exclusive title ! That's the fact, 3rd party need money to run their business and keep growing.

So if PS3 keep on sell less than Wii and Xbox360 til the end of this year, then probably 3rd party will make their decision (jump to other platform)

True cause third-partys don't make money on hardware!

Around the Network
Louis277 said:

All related to business and if PS3 can sell more, then more exclusive title ! That's the fact, 3rd party need money to run their business and keep growing.

So if PS3 keep on sell less than Wii and Xbox360 til the end of this year, then probably 3rd party will make their decision (jump to other platform)

I agree here, so instead of continually posting about how the PS3 will fail why don't we wait and see considering there are signs of a turn-around and important games coming out soon and later.

kber81 said:

Edit: BTW I don't understand what are you trying to say about similarity of my postS to Star's...

The fix may help you...

Now Loading... Please Wait!

I think that everybody is a fanboy, I would love to see the 360 winning, why? because I prefer the 360 over the PS3, if the 360 wins more exclusives for the 360. I also own the PS3 and is great but I don't like the sixaxis crontrol, feels old.

I agree that Wii games will never be as good as 360 or PS3, not because of the graphic, because of the processing potential, AI, size, etc.

I see in the feature Wii number one, because is not for hardcore gamers is for everyone... very smart move by nintendo, and PS3 and 360 tied in 2nd.

Better games for 360 and PS3 because programers love big, roboust, complex games and those are almost impossible on the Wii. 

StarcraftManiac said:

Every week... Yes, EVERY WEEK There are MORE AND MORE announcements made for Wii...

Koei, Gearbox, Suda51, THQ, Atari, Capcom, Spike, Bandai-Namco, SQ-E... and many more have announced several games since the start of 2007. Games like Resident evil, Final fantasy, No more heroes, DDR Wii, brothers in arms and many more AAA-titles have been added to the Wii release list.

Because of lower development costs devs need only sell less software to make profit...AND with twice the number of Wii's sold in comparison to PS3's, development resources are shifting towards Nintendo's Wii and highly succesful DS (Instead of PSP).

With more games for wii, that means more people who buy the system so Wii enters a vicious circle (Like PS2 and DS)...

But then you have the Sony fanboys, they keep saying... Multiplatform games are selling more on Wii... Whatever...

-Madden 07... Almost equal (sold a bit more on PS3).

-CoD: 3... More sold on Wii.

-Marvel: Ultimate alliance... Almost equal (Sold a bit more on Wii).

And then you have the exclusives:

-Ridgeracer7 on PS3 sold less then Trauma center for Wii and Redsteel for Wii...

-PS3 has ONLY 1 million seller WORLDWIDE!!!(HAHAHA): Resistance fall of men. Whereas Wii has Wii sports for Japan, Wii play for Japan and Amerika, Zelda for Amerika and PAL (and i think also Wario ware worldwide).

-And where are the Announcements for PS3 games in development excluding Sony's internal studios. Yes EA will bring Fifa 08 and Madden 08... And there are still some exclusives for PS3 (Most have gone multi to X360 HAHAHA) But they had all been announced at E3 06. What I'm seeing now is that there are less and less games announced for PS3 and if this trend continues it will be bad for PS3... Not like i give a fuck...

Wasn't there another post related to this? Ben is right about support but look at this in terms of sales and amount of titles.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/

http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/

Looking at the scores and using th nifty color codes to help out there seems to be an interesting ratio out of 45 rated games for the wii and 36 for the PS3.

PS3

Good ( 75+) = 20 out of 36

Mediocre (50 - 75 ) = 14 out of 36

Bad ( 50-) =  2 out of 36

Wii

Good ( 75+) =  9 out of 45

Mediocre (50 - 75 ) =  27 out of 45

Bad ( 50-) =  9 out of 45

If that doesn't speak volumes I do not know what does. 

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network

Isn't this thread like done for Wii vs PS3 bashing? Is this really good for the forum? Do we not just creat a lot of hate?

Honestly can't we at least try to write over threads with some good amount of spelling?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

robjoh said:

Isn't this thread like done for Wii vs PS3 bashing? Is this really good for the forum? Do we not just creat a lot of hate?

Honestly can't we at least try to write over threads with some good amount of spelling?

Sure, I will "creat" a hateless thread with no spelling mistakes.

Simple explanation for this "phenomenon:" Wii is selling better than people thought, so more developers are jumping on board. PS3 was expected to do well before the launch, so many of it's announcements were made before launch (MGS, 2 FF's, White Knight Story, Ninja Gaiden). Anyway, I think you have to wait till E3 anyway in order to really understand what support is going to be like for each of the systems during the last half of this year.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Just recently Namco-Bandai announced 4 exclusive games for the PS3 under its Cellius brand ,and theres Game Republics Folk Peoples also announced .Not all the PS3 games are multiplattform(its getting all of these by the way ) or first and second party games .Japan developers have to make their act toghether still .

fdsg