By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation Move vs. Microsoft Kinect

better be Move or else, he will be eaten alive.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
kitler53 said:

i thought it was fair.  the comparision was on the number of players supported by move and kinect.  kinect can only support two but it supports two straight out of the box.  move can support for which is great but you have to have four controllers.  granted you could ask your friends to bring their controllers with them but it is still a fair point, without four controllers you can't game four player.

I guess in terms of what the comparison was you could argue that it was fair, but I still think the game price comparison is very flawed as he did not even mention that Move only titles are cheaper than Kinect only titles, which could lead to people thinking Kinect games are the cheaper option which is false.

I also like that when I was quoted it showed up in Orange. Thank god they brought that feature back. Now I just need to figure out where the hell my Hot Topics went...

yeah, the game price comparision was missing the part about move only games.  but by all means, i'm much more excited for move support in real games than i am for move only games other than sorcery.

and sweet! hadn't noticed the quoting feature was back.  very very happy.  i was annoyed at the hot topics disapperaing too but you can view it from the hub page if you wish.

Good read. Probably the best comparison I've seen so far. The only thing they haven't thought of were Move only games which are actually cheaper than Kinect games, but except for that everything was correct.

Overall I agree with the article.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Only thing I disagree with is the hardware comparison where he says "Move advances current technology, Kinect invents new technology"

Umm...Kinect is just an advancement of EyeToy/PS Eye. Only thing Kinect has over PS Eye is that it senses depth, but with Move, PS Eye can determine depth. In that sense, the Move setup is a combination of Kinect and Wii, getting the best of both worlds (minus like..."Playstation, stop movie)

Wait, did they say that all future PS3 games would support Move? Because that's a pretty big mistake if they did.

I agree that the overall winner is Move though. Microsoft have a very narrow set of games announced for Kinect right now, and they really have to get more different games out for it.

Around the Network

The article reminds me of all the PS3, 360, Wii comparisons before launch.

Basically they ALL got it majorly wrong because they made massive assumptions about the common consumer.

Actually the writer is stealth trolling, he brings up the Sony Mini-Disc as a failure! TEH WRITER IZ XBOT OMG!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
BMaker11 said:

Only thing I disagree with is the hardware comparison where he says "Move advances current technology, Kinect invents new technology"

Umm...Kinect is just an advancement of EyeToy/PS Eye. Only thing Kinect has over PS Eye is that it senses depth, but with Move, PS Eye can determine depth. In that sense, the Move setup is a combination of Kinect and Wii, getting the best of both worlds (minus like..."Playstation, stop movie)

So the Move can detect where your legs are?

Pretty good.  I agree with the article in most places.

Personally, I think Kinect has a far better chance of selling well this December (in US/UK particularly) and being hyped as something cool to have, while Move remains for me almost certainly the better hardware to use for playing games out of the two.

So, it's going to be interesting to see where the dust finally settles.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

daroamer said:
BMaker11 said:

So the Move can detect where your legs are?

i think yes,  they definetly showed head and body tracking in a demo not too long ago.  the tech is much less advanced but the applications could be at least simular.  hell, dance central might get ported to move.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/23/dance-central-could-bust-a-move-on-ps3-but-wii-put-in-a-corner