By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Afhgan War Logs" Leaked - US Covered Up Killing Of Thousands Of Civillians

They used the a-bomb to finish the WW2, so why change something that already works, drop it and be over with this futile war.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:

Agreed @ the need for Wikileaks. Governments should not be run by PR agencies.

So national security should be comprimised for the sake of knowing. They arrested the military guy for leaking these documents and rightfully so. I don't think he was the only one,but he still should'nt have done that.

Makes you wonder why anyone wanted this war in the first place... Afghanistan doesn't have oil, the population is made up of a ton of different tribes that don't probably don't want to be united for or against anything, and the number of terrorists only increases when innocents are getting killed after NATO sticks its military dick in places that don't want it.

The only ones profiting out of this is the military-industrial complex. I guess that answers my question.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

Makes you wonder why anyone wanted this war in the first place... Afghanistan doesn't have oil, the population is made up of a ton of different tribes that don't probably don't want to be united for or against anything, and the number of terrorists only increases when innocents are getting killed after NATO sticks its military dick in places that don't want it.

The only ones profiting out of this is the military-industrial complex. I guess that answers my question.

Nobody wanted this war,it was the terrorist that wanted this war. The U.S. did'nt start anything. Not every war is as sinister as you would believe.

oldschoolfool said:
NJ5 said:

Nobody wanted this war,it was the terrorist that wanted this war. The U.S. did'nt start anything. Not every war is as sinister as you would believe.

If the terrorists wanted it, why did "we" give them the satisfaction?

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
megaman79 said:

Agreed @ the need for Wikileaks. Governments should not be run by PR agencies.

So national security should be comprimised for the sake of knowing.

Absolutely. Anything done by the government or its contractors should be publicly available unless it infringes the privacy of specific individuals (e.g. police witnesses). If it must be kept secret, the timing on release should be on the order of months after the incident, with no redaction and no exceptions to release.

NJ5 said:
oldschoolfool said:
NJ5 said:

So when terrorists attack your home soil,your supposed to sit back and do nothing. I'm talking about 9/11. I'd rather have the American military fight on there home turf,then have another 9/11. It's better to take the fight to them,rather then set back and do nothing.

oldschoolfool said:
NJ5 said:
oldschoolfool said:
NJ5 said:

So when terrorists attack your home soil,your supposed to sit back and do nothing. I'm talking about 9/11. I'd rather have the American military fight on there home turf,then have another 9/11. It's better to take the fight to them,rather then set back and do nothing.

What's "their home turf"? There are probably terrorists planning attacks against the US living in the US right now.

Do you still believe that killing innocent civilians and constantly disrespecting other nations' sovereignty with acts like these is the path to eliminate terrorism? Do you not see how it makes terrorists stronger rather than weaker?

NJ5 said:
oldschoolfool said:
NJ5 said:

Because it was an imported problem, and the two options were either to destroy it at its source (which seems a fool's errand) or to quarantine the problem (which is politically incorrect). Since Bush's first act after 9/11 was to run out to a mosque and proclaim Islam to be a religion of peace, it's easy to see why we ended up going with the first option.

oldschoolfool said:
NJ5 said:
oldschoolfool said:
NJ5 said:

So when terrorists attack your home soil,your supposed to sit back and do nothing. I'm talking about 9/11. I'd rather have the American military fight on there home turf,then have another 9/11. It's better to take the fight to them,rather then set back and do nothing

If terrorists attack, let's kill loads of innocent civilians and act like we are the good people.