By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Great game but what a huge learning curve! These is a really hardcore game. It took me a while to understand the gameplay since I am new to the series.

So I have some questions...

1. How long is it? (I hit the reset buttom so many times that it always turn out to be longer than the save file says, but anyway...)

2. Any replay value? I mean the game so far is very linear...

3. What do you think about the story? (Gametrailers review rated the story very slow and I don't get it)

4. Does it goes open at some point? (No freedom to develop your characters so far...)

5. Rumours about sequels?

6. Post anything you want about this game. I think is awesome in its own way.

Around the Network

it's really freakn long, and it will only get harder, should try the hardest mode, you'll save and load like mad.

1. How long is it? (I hit the reset buttom so many times that it always turn out to be longer than the save file says, but anyway...) It is, I believe, 38 chapters long. More or less. It took me about 25 hours the first time I played it, it would probably take you longer.

2. Any replay value? I mean the game so far is very linear... There are no hidden secrets to unlock etc etc by playing again, most people simply do it because they love the gameplay.

3. What do you think about the story? (Gametrailers review rated the story very slow and I don't get it) I dislike it, as I find it a poor sequel to PoR. I find that the jumping around didn't let me connect to the characters, and that parts felt rushed while others felt drawn out.

4. Does it goes open at some point? (No freedom to develop your characters so far...) No. FE is always linear.

5. Rumours about sequels? Very doubtful. The story is wrapped up, however Ike may appear in another game that takes place on another continent. If so, it probably wouldn't release for at least 4 years and almost surely not on the Wii.

Wii_R2_Hardcore said:

Great game but what a huge learning curve! These is a really hardcore game. It took me a while to understand the gameplay since I am new to the series.

So I have some questions...

1. How long is it? (I hit the reset buttom so many times that it always turn out to be longer than the save file says, but anyway...)

2. Any replay value? I mean the game so far is very linear...

3. What do you think about the story? (Gametrailers review rated the story very slow and I don't get it)

4. Does it goes open at some point? (No freedom to develop your characters so far...)

5. Rumours about sequels?

1. My first playthrough was about 50 hours. Subsequent playthroughs haven't cut that play time very much.

2. I've played through 3 times now. There isn't anything in the way of branching paths, but the strategy is just that addictive and you can always try out another team of characters.

3. It's a good story. Not quite as good as Path of Radiance, but pretty good for a video game. I'd give it 8/10.

4. No, not really. Lack of grinding is a major appeal of the franchise to me. You develop your characters by choosing who fights and who sits at home and who gets special skills and items.

5. Direct sequels? None on the horizon. If you want more Fire Emblem, buy a DS.

6. It's the king of my Wii's playtime at over 150 hours. I find most of the laguz to be disappointingly useless, and there are some dirty tricks you can use to exploit the leveling system. Oh, and towards the end of the game, Daghinsea (sp?) has the worst voice work I have ever heard in any video game.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Not sure. PoR was about 40 chapters I believe. I never even finished Radiant Dawn.

Around the Network

Honestly I would have put all Team Radiance into a furnace and let them burn, that game is all about Ike and they should really have just given control of him and his group from the begining. I had to bite the bullet to deal with the Radiant Dawn campaigns.

That's my stance on the answers to all your questions.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

i forget her name, they should of made the light magic user alot more powerful.  she never really flourishes.  I remember her speed being good and that was about it.  fire emblem is one of my favorite series, but to fully appreciate the game you need to play path of radiance.

I bought this game over a year ago and never played it : /

O-D-C said:

I've had it since 2007 and have played it once.

Snesboy said:
O-D-C said:

I've had it since 2007 and have played it once.

Same story here. You should give it another try