By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Darth Vader robs bank!!!

A lot of robbers use force. This one used the Force.

A bandit decked out in a Darth Vader costume strolled into a Long Island bank yesterday - and walked out with a wad of cash.

The villain looked ready for Halloween, wearing the "Star Wars" scoundrel's signature mask and sweeping black cape.

He lost some authenticity points for a pair of camouflage pants.

The get-up struck one customer as so funny that he started joshing with the Darth Robber after he strode into the Chase bank in Setauket.

"The customer thought it might have been a joke, and not a serious attempt at a robbery," said Suffolk County police Detective Sgt. William Lamb.

But Darth wasn't kidding - and he wasn't going to be stopped by a non-Jedi Knight.

He won a "shoving match" against the incredulous customer before using his piece to order him to the floor, Lamb said.

And his weapon was no joke. He was carrying a pistol instead of a lightsaber.

Cops released a surveillance camera image yesterday showing Darth at the teller counter, loading bills into a bag, while the customer cowers on the floor.

The fake Darth made a quick-footed getaway, and the bank was still checking its drawers late yesterday to figure out how large his take was, Lamb said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/07/22/2010-07-22_darth_vader_robber_and_thats_no_lightsaber_hes_wielding_at_li_bank.html#ixzz0uT3W0ECm

LOL!!! looks like the darkside is a little short on cash!!!

Around the Network

He needs money to rebuild his deathstar

don't blame him he was "forced" , there wasn't any movies planned and he was running out of juice to build his new Death Star , so much that he sold his Saber , and did motion capture for Microsoft

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Arcane_Chaos said:

Contribute to the DarkSide , We ran out of cookies.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Omfg we need to form a Jedi Unit since S.W.A.T can't do anything against the Empire.

Around the Network
Severance said:

Arcane_Chaos said:

Contribute to the DarkSide , We ran out of cookies.

do I get a membership discount if I join?

why darth vader?

Trentonater said:

why darth vader?

I woulda gone as Boba Fett

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

That's the gun he took from Han Solo in Empire Strikes Back!

Al these joke crack me up; if I had anything to say about this,  I say he wanted cash to get new matching pants since he was wearing fatigue.